Author Topic: Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick  (Read 125567 times)

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick
« Reply #660 on: September 08, 2006, 05:16:13 PM »
The Two-Cornered Hat of Napoleon is one of the only Red Jaguar temple runs that i like. I actually think it's exciting. :P

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
« Reply #661 on: September 08, 2006, 05:28:55 PM »
Quote from: ""Bluebarracuda7""
this may be late, but has "The Two-Cornered Hat of Napolean" always been paired up with "The Melted Head of Madame Tussuad"?

It was as of April 2006.

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: September 09, 2006, 04:46:28 AM »
The Much-Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain
&
The Broken Trident of Poseidon

No temple gaurds today. I'm home again this weekend, but I'm pretty sure i've already done episode summaries for these episodes. So, no episode summaries. :P

Offline sag_2006

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: September 09, 2006, 05:46:09 AM »
The two extremes of Temple Run quality feautred today.

Tiffani may not have been the fastest runner in the world, but she was smart and had a good map of the Temple.  She managed to avoid the Temple Guards and grabbed the helmet with 53 seconds left.  She did move slowly getting out, but that's understandable considering the size of the helmet.  Regardless, she had enough time to make it out and record the solo win.

Poor Kimberly.  As soon as she layed her hands on the trident, she got so frazzled by the doors opening that she took off and left the trident behind.  By the time she corrected her error, there was not nearly enough time to get out successfully.  This is the only one of the three Temple Guard-free episodes that does not end in victory, and you can see why.

EDIT - Plagiarism will not be tolerated, and you've been warned of this.  One week ban.  - RP

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: September 09, 2006, 06:45:17 AM »
Temple guards get the day off, eh?

Moat crossing was the "ancient swinging bridge".  It was a FAST moat crossing, too, neck and neck all the way, as Kirk is fond of saying.  Although I like King Arthur stories, the legend was a little stupid.  Gawain, doing his best "Spinal Tap" cockney voice, gives up his magical helmet to save some maiden who broke a window.  Yes, because she's so worth that sacrifice.  Steps of Knowledge was pretty uneventful, aside from Tiffani not knowing that Arthur pulled a sword from the stone.  Temple games was Orange vs. Purple.  Donna wins the first game, and Kirk almost calls her "Jahmel".  Classic.  Jahmel (although Kirk calls him "Jamal") wins the second game.  Orange wipes the floor with Purple in the third game.  They're going to the temple, 1.5 pendants to Purple's 0.5.

Now the famous temple run.  Quite good as far as solo runs go.  Tiffani belongs to two categories to which I'm usually not kind: female contestants and slower-than-average contestants.  However, she earned my respect for one reason in particular: she was one of the VERY few contestants who pulled herself back up after knocking over the column in the Pit of the Pendulum.  Also, she did a good job making it across the bottom floor with the helmet, considering how big and unwieldy it was.  Good show, Tiff.  Have fun in the Bahamas.

In the moat, the teams had to cross the icebergs.  This is the only episode I've seen with this moat...do they always fall this much?  Legend was about Poseidon looking for his missing trident (or "tri-dent", as Olmec would say).  It is in the Shrine of the Silver Monkey, and this episode gets a pretty low Shriiiiiiiiine Pronunciation Rating, or SPR, scoring a 4.  It was an odd falsetto, lacking the mystery of Olmec's season 2 "shriiiiiiiiiines" or the all-out wackiness of the magnificiently over-the-top "Secret Map of the Bandit Queen" reading.  I don't remember much about the steps, except afterwards they show a close-up of Olmec moaning.  Only one Olmec-gasm per episode, please...isn't the gate-lowering enough?  Anyway, let's go on to the temple games.  Green vs. Silver, and it's a Silver shutout.  The games were left over from Season 2, and the ties to the legend weren't particularly good.  You know they were relieved to find out Poseidon was the god of horses.  "Great, we can use the horse machines again!"

Notorious temple run.  Why did they put temple guards in rooms that the contestants, unless they were completely retarded, wouldn't enter?  Oh well.  Kimberly was doing well until after she got the artifact.  Dropped the trident and had to go back for it.  However, that wasn't the only mistake she made.  She still could have won had she stuck to the top floor.  Instead, she went down to the bottom floor, throwing away her chances of victory.  I maintain that this poor exit planning would have sunk her anyway.

« Reply #665 on: September 09, 2006, 07:04:26 AM »
Quote from: ""tss1011""

In the moat, the teams had to cross the icebergs.  This is the only episode I've seen with this moat...do they always fall this much?  Legend was about Poseidon looking for his missing trident (or "tri-dent", as Olmec would say).  It is in the Shrine of the Silver Monkey, and this episode gets a pretty low Shriiiiiiiiine Pronunciation Rating, or SPR, scoring a 4.  It was an odd falsetto, lacking the mystery of Olmec's season 2 "shriiiiiiiiiines" or the all-out wackiness of the magnificiently over-the-top "Secret Map of the Bandit Queen" reading.  I don't remember much about the steps, except afterwards they show a close-up of Olmec moaning.  Only one Olmec-gasm per episode, please...isn't the gate-lowering enough?  Anyway, let's go on to the temple games.  Green vs. Silver, and it's a Silver shutout.  The games were left over from Season 2, and the ties to the legend weren't particularly good.  You know they were relieved to find out Poseidon was the god of horses.  "Great, we can use the horse machines again!"

Notorious temple run.  Why did they put temple guards in rooms that the contestants, unless they were completely retarded, wouldn't enter?  Oh well.  Kimberly was doing well until after she got the artifact.  Dropped the trident and had to go back for it.  However, that wasn't the only mistake she made.  She still could have won had she stuck to the top floor.  Instead, she went down to the bottom floor, throwing away her chances of victory.  I maintain that this poor exit planning would have sunk her anyway.

actually in the mussle shell armor of apanupac they play the iceberg game and it was one of the fastest moat crossings in the shows history.

as for temple guard placement the same thing can be said about the bifocal monical of oneeyed jack. the crew pretty much gives the team the win and they totally blow it.

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: September 09, 2006, 07:13:52 AM »
Quote from: ""tss1011""
 This is the only episode I've seen with this moat...do they always fall this much?

Why did they put temple guards in rooms that the contestants, unless they were completely retarded, wouldn't enter?

It was also used in the Mussel Shell Armor and the Red Sash of Tokugawa Ieyasu. No, they don't usually fall that much.... not even nearly that much.

And as for your second question.... This is Legends we're talking about. Yes some of the kids are completely retarded. :P

Offline juan833blue

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: September 09, 2006, 07:34:05 AM »
Even after Kimberly dropped the Trident, if she had taken the top floor this would at least have been a close finish or a win.  Instead, Kimberly goes down from the Chamber to the Tomb and can't make it past the pit before time ran out.  This would have been a successful run if four of these things happened:
1) If she had NOT dropped the trident and ran away from it.
2) If she stayed on the top floor of the temple, she would have still had 3 or 4 seconds left on the clock.
3) It would have been better if Tony had gone into the Temple first.
4) If she was faster and knew that all the doors had opened.
This is an example of a great temple run gone awry.

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: September 09, 2006, 02:28:07 PM »
Quote from: ""juan833blue""
1) If she had NOT dropped the trident and ran away from it.
2) If she stayed on the top floor of the temple, she would have still had 3 or 4 seconds left on the clock.

And If she moved a little bit faster  :wink:

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline PAK Man

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: September 09, 2006, 06:14:13 PM »
Anybody notice how dark the Ledges were in The Much Heralded Helmet episode? I mean, I know it's supposed to be dark, but this time it was pitch-black. Tiffani was very smart to go up to the Crypt. Can you imagine seeing her getting stuck in the Ledges? That could have been a really tragic loss if she didn't know what she was doing.

As for the Broken Trident of Poseidon, what's to say about this episode that hasn't already been said? I will comment on the Legend, though. The season three Legends really bugged me, and this is the perfect example of one of them. "A near-sighted stingray?" Come on. The cheesiest part was definitely the second Temple game, saying Poseidon was the God of Horses. Now, I've heard a lot about Greek legends, but I don't think I've ever heard that before. It definitely seems like something the Legends writers would make up for the show.

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: September 09, 2006, 06:16:13 PM »
It looked to me like ALL of the rooms were darker in the Helmet epsiode, but the Ledges were the most significantly darkened.

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: September 09, 2006, 07:01:27 PM »
Quote from: ""PAK Man""
"A near-sighted stingray?" Come on.

Ha!  Poseidon actually bought Cretus' cock-and-bull story?  He should have smote him for not coming up with a better lie.   :wink:

Offline kamehemeha

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: September 10, 2006, 12:32:05 AM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are showing the Broken Trident and the Helmet of Sir Gawain AGAIN!  :(

Offline Headbanger15

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: September 10, 2006, 03:03:30 AM »
Helmet of Sir Gawin was actually a pretty good episode. The girl's reaction after trying to carry the Helmet through the Pit and banging her head on the crawl tube was pretty funny.

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
« Reply #674 on: September 10, 2006, 04:19:15 AM »
I know, this is so weird.