Author Topic: Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick  (Read 125904 times)

Offline juan833blue

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick
« Reply #540 on: September 02, 2006, 04:38:53 AM »
9/2/2006
The Marble Armrest of Xerxes
The Bone Necklace of the Blackfeet Chief

Offline juan833blue

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: September 02, 2006, 04:39:39 AM »
9/2/2006
The Marble Armrest of Xerxes (Green Monkeys)
The Bone Necklace of the Blackfeet Chief (Purple Parrots, your favorite team)

Offline sag_2006

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 02, 2006, 04:39:50 AM »

The dreaded "artifact in the center of the temple" trick is pulled yet again.  The frontrunner runs into trouble in the Pit of the Pendulum, as she manages to miss the pendulum, and tried climbing back up the wall before realizing she could just push the thing with her hands (one of the few players to do so.  Even without that problem, however, it was nigh impossible for this run to be successful.

The Bone Necklace of the Blackfeet Chief

Not much to say about this one.  The team delayed going through the Temple, but still managed to grab the necklace.  Had it not been for their delays, this would've been a close finish.

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 02, 2006, 04:52:44 AM »

A less-than-competent team, as demonstrated by their inability to swing out to the column or climb the Pharaoh's Secret Passage, coupled with a really hard layout that would have killed their chances of victory anyway.  I'm not a big Purple Parrots fan, but it's too bad they didn't win the tie-breaker.  We will never know if Zac's younger brother would have been equally spectacular in the temple.

This episode provides the only known clue as to how the artifacts end up in certain rooms once they reach the temple.  After the legend, Kirk asks Olmec, "Where did you put the Marble Armrest?", implying that Olmec himself moves them there.  Of course, Kirk never knows what he's talking about, and this is probably just a Fogg-up...or did he stumble upon a window into the inner workings of the temple?   :wink:

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 02, 2006, 05:18:20 AM »
I'm home this weekend so that means more episode summaries from me! I know you're all so excited! :P

Temple run:
It's a solid Purple Parrots run. Leah goes in first. She slowly crawls through the Ledges and makes her way through the Pit and into the Throne Room. Then, before she even enters the Swamp, a temple gaurd jumps up and grabs her pendant. She hesitates before trying the Dark Forest door. She decides to try going up into the King's Storeroom. Of course the door doesn't open. In the Dark Forest, she's a little more hesitant. The second tree she tries takes her out. Even with Leah's hesitation, things were looking good for Brandon. He had a good amount of time and he seemed to be moving fast. However, by the time he got to the Dark Forest, it seemed like an eternity. He moved at a good pace but he really didn't make up any time. He gets a key from the tree and goes upto the Shrine of the Silver Monkey. He didn't have any problem assembling hte statue and he raced into the King's Storeroom to grab the Bone Necklace! He starts going upto the Observatory but changes his mind and heads for Medusa's Lair, then goes down to the Throne Room wheretime runs out. If it wasn't for hestations on both of the players' parts, this would have been a win. Can't blame Leah for trying to go up from the Swamp. Good effort.

NOTE: This is an early season 2 episode because had they gone into Medusa's Lair, they would have had to put 4 snakes in the bust. Also, this is the only time the Purple Parrots have beaten the Red Jaguars in the temple games. There was no audience, which is strange for a season 2 temple run.

According to our episode log, today's episodes should have been The Silver Cannonball of Grandy Nanny & The Missing Portrait of Hans Holbein.  The Marble Armrest and the Bone Necklace should have been in a few days. Looks like Nick GaS changed it up on us. :P

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #545 on: September 02, 2006, 07:07:46 AM »
Quote from: ""The Purple Parrot""
NOTE: Is it just me, or is the Marble Armrest also one of the hardest layouts the show had ever had? I mean, the team would have had to go around the bend of the temple and they would have had to enter a minimum of 9 (count'em, NINE!) rooms! This team in particular would have had to do 10 because of the Crypt detour. Chances are that since the second player didn't find the hidden half pendant in the dark Jester's Court, they would've been caught by the third temple gaurd anyway.

By my count, it's only seven. Levi could have chosen to go up from the Dark Forest to the Shrine as the door opened (at least, that's what my summary said), so that would remove two rooms from the minimum. Nonetheless, a center-of-the-temple artifact-hiding makes any temple difficult. Perhaps they slicked down the slide intentionally so the players couldn't ascend it and would have to find a different path?

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 02, 2006, 07:38:20 AM »
Quote from: ""nicklegends""
By my count, it's only seven. Levi could have chosen to go up from the Dark Forest to the Shrine as the door opened (at least, that's what my summary said), so that would remove two rooms from the minimum. Nonetheless, a center-of-the-temple artifact-hiding makes any temple difficult. Perhaps they slicked down the slide intentionally so the players couldn't ascend it and would have to find a different path?

But the Forest door opening had to be a production error. They never found a key in the Dark Forest. Besides, i don't think that the Shrine cabinet-like door at the top was opened.

and Levi was the Purple Parrot that lost the tie breaker. Pat was the Green Monkey that made it to the temple. :P

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #547 on: September 02, 2006, 07:45:55 AM »
Quote from: ""The Purple Parrot""
Quote from: ""nicklegends""

But the Forest door opening had to be a production error. They never found a key in the Dark Forest. Besides, i don't think that the Shrine cabinet-like door at the top was opened.

and Levi was the Purple Parrot that lost the tie breaker. Pat was the Green Monkey that made it to the temple. :P

Whoops! That's who I meant, I guess, but the name Levi was stuck in my mind. :lol:

Offline juan833blue

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: September 02, 2006, 09:24:27 AM »
In the marble armrest episode, it appeared that the forest/shrine door had opened, but if Noelle had reached into the tree in the Dark Forest and found the key, the door would have opened to the shrine and the Temple Guard in the Quicksand Bog would have been eliminated.

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: September 02, 2006, 09:49:52 AM »
But she did reach into the tree.... BOTH trees.

No one seems to be seeing what i'm sayin here. The Forest door was somehow opened by itself.

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
« Reply #550 on: September 02, 2006, 10:13:32 AM »
I get what you're saying. I didn't see it today, so I can't judge. Haha, Levi is Zac's little bro.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: September 02, 2006, 10:32:35 AM »
Okay my reviews for today:

Marble Armrest Of Xerxes:
Moat was when both players had to climb on this rope to get across. Orange is first, purple is second, green is 3rd, and red is 4th. Steps of Knowledge purple parrots sweep through it and are the 1st done. Temple Games green vs. purple. In the 1st temple game, it was like another moat crossing IMO, they had to get across and that was about it. noelle from the green monkeys was one step further so she won. In the 2nd temple game the kids had to throw balls in the opponet's hole. Purple was blazing but green seemed to have trouble, (@ one point it looked lik he was gonna give up). Sooooo, purple gets the half pendant. the 3rd game was when they were on opposite sides and they had to throw these balls in order for their partner to catch it. Both teams had kind of a hard time andonly managed to get 2. So its a tie, with green and purple having 1.5 pendants. Noelle ends up getting the tie breaker qestion right so they go off to the temple! Temple run: yet another "center of the room" episode. noelle had to be forced into the ledges from the Crypt. she spends a long time in the Pit but eventually knocks the column down with her hands. In the Tomb Of the Headless kings a temple guard takes her pendant and she then heads off to the Jestors Court, where she signals the half pendant. In the Dark forest she busts through the wall where in the quicksand bog, she is taken out. Pat goes in and follows her path, but could only make it to up the slide in the quicksand bog where time runs out. Note: Zac turney's younger bro was the purple parrot in the temple games. Too bad he didn't win...

The Bone Necklace of the Blackfeet Cheif
moat was where you had to build a bridge and get across. Green was first, blue was second, red was 3rd, and purple was 4th. Steps Of Knowledge purple is first and red is 2nd. Temple Games: red vs. purple in the first game they had to climb up this boulder and put these gray squares 2 the top. (i think thats it) It's neck and neck but purple finishes first and gets the half pendant. 2nd temple game they had to row a boat to make it to the booey (sp?) Brandon of the purple parrots ends up winning. Temple Game 3 was when they had to climb up and place these balls on these green circles. both teams got the full pendant but Red had 1 pendant and Purple had 2 so they go to the temple! Temple Run: Leah goes in first and heads to the ledges. she continues to the bottom floor, but is taken out in the Dark forest. Brandon goes in and follows her path. Once in the Dark Forest he finds to key to go to the Shrine Of The Silver Monkey, assembles the statue and makes it to the kings storeroom, where he grabs the bone necklace. He exits through Medusa's Lair and then to the Throne Room where time runs out. If he had just kept going stright, it would have been a win.

« Reply #552 on: September 02, 2006, 10:38:17 AM »
Quote from: ""juan833blue""
In the marble armrest episode, it appeared that the forest/shrine door had opened, but if Noelle had reached into the tree in the Dark Forest and found the key, the door would have opened to the shrine and the Temple Guard in the Quicksand Bog would have been eliminated.

okay here is what happened in the dark forest noelle does not find the key (that doesn't mean it was not in one of the trees) she busts through the wall and gets captured. pat enters makes it to the dark forest the door clearly is not open. but he pulls it open with his hands (something no other contestant tried) obviosly the door to the shrine was not open so he enters the bogg tries to climb the slide and fails. the end

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: September 02, 2006, 11:21:22 AM »
I might as well put my review for "Oracle Bowl Of Delphi" up since I haven't already done so:
Moat: It seemed like everyone was going @ the same time, but purple was first, orange was 2nd, green was 3rd and silver was 4th. Steps Of Knowledge Purple was first to finish, green and orange got 1 right each, and silver was 2nd done. Temple Games: purple vs. silver. The 1st temple game was where they had to push these rocks up to clog the leak while they are facing the back. Shane of the Purple Parrots finished very quickly and got the 1/2 pendant. When the game was finished, Kirk interviewed Shane asking how he did that so fast. 2nd Temple game: teams had to place these rubies on these walls. Silver scrambled a lot and purple won the game getting another 1/2 pendant. 3rd temple game was where they had to put these rings on the boulders. both teams got 5 2 the end and the silver snakes had 1 pendant, but purple parrots had 2 pendants so they went to the temple! Temple run: Pitiful. Shane races up to the gargoyle room where a temple guard captures him when he's in the crawl tube heading towards the troubled bridge. The room to the Obsevatory was locked so he retreated back to the cave, where he progressed very fast until he gets taken out in the swamp with 2:04 remaining. Jackie was very slow and took forever trying to find her way out of the pit. Once she make it to the Tomb Of The Ancient kings, she finds the key to the Shrine but busts through the wall instead. (She didn't push fast enough on it 2 1st). Once she gets to the Pirates Cove, she spends the last 40 seconds trying to figure out what to do...and when she does time runs out. This episode is a perfect example of a tactical genius being paired up with a slow witted player.

Offline juan833blue

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: September 02, 2006, 02:59:55 PM »
You know what happens when a speedster is forced to meet with an absolute dimwitted slowpoke in a temple run, Disaster!!!!  The Purple Parrots in the Marble Armrest Episode should have been the team that went into the temple and as for the Oracle Bowl Episode, Jacqueline was a magazine reader, apparently, she spent way too much time reading magazines and not enough time studying the temple and furthermore, she did not make any shortcuts to the artifact.  In season one, I think that Jacqueline of the Purple Parrots (Oracle Bowl), and Kim of the Silver Snakes (John Henry's Lost Hammer) should have gone into the Hall of Shame for their absolute dimwittedness in the temple.