Author Topic: Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick  (Read 125588 times)

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick
« Reply #510 on: August 28, 2006, 09:35:54 AM »
Quote from: ""sag_2006""
Snake Bracelet of Cleopatra

Exciting temple run.  The frontrunner moves extremely fast, making it all the way to the Golden Orbs (his fifth room) in a scant 35 seconds.  It is there where he is taken out.  His partner, while not quite as fast, still fared quite well.  She grabs the bracelet with 1:01 to go, and takes a rather strange route out of the temple, but still manages to get out with 20 seconds to spare.

The Dried Apple Half of William Tell

Undoubtedly the toughest Temple layout ever, and the players were nowhere near up to the challenge.  Brett was fast, but unlucky, as the crew decided to force him to detour into the Ledges, where Temple Guard #1 was hiding.  Then, he got stuck in the Pit, and tried opening the Forest-Ancient Warriors passage to no avail.  He gets taken out in the Tomb with 59 seconds left.  His partner is very slow, and only manages to make it out of the Pit, but it matters not, as these two did not have a prayer to begin with.

Her route wasn't strange at all, it was the exact way she got there. There was a production error, because the Treasury of the Golden Orbs-Observatory door was still locked when she was coming out, it should've bene open, so the way she took was the fastest.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 28, 2006, 09:56:54 AM »
Quote from: ""Olmec""
Yeah, I was watching in bed, because I was so tired & woke listening to Lauren screaming her head off. Yeah, she's another screamer of season 3 (joining Jennifer, Dana, & Rachel). I'm like "weren't these the episodes I watched before I went to Disney [& started the log]???" Well, congratulations to us, we successfully reviewed all 120 episodes.

LET'S DO IT AGAIN!!!!!
Wow, we reviewed all 120 episodes...I'd like to do it again. (Or, I could @ least read the reviews) lol :wink:

Offline PAK Man

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 28, 2006, 02:16:44 PM »
I hadn't seen The Dried Apple Half episode in ages, but I can still remember Lauren screaming, "RUN! RUN BRETT!" and "BRETT YOU CAN DO IT!!!" My god, I've never heard anybody scream like that! Anyways, it was a tough layout, but regardless of that, the players weren't in the type of shape that they could have really done anything.

The Snake Bracelet of Cleopatra was the first season one episode I saw when I first got Nick GAS back in 2004. The backrunner had kind of an unorthodox way of exiting the Temple, but it still worked out for her. This is definitely one of the better season one episodes, and I for one really enjoyed it.

I can't believe we've reviewed all 120 episodes! Now we can start rating the talents on Figure it Out! :D

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: August 28, 2006, 03:08:07 PM »
Once again, Tracy's route wasn't unorthodox, there was a production error, causing the Golden Orbs-Observatory door to never open, even after Tracy grabbed the Snake Bracelet. It was the best way she could've done.

The Snake Bracelet of Cleopatra ?

1st Orange Iguanas
2nd Silver Snakes
3rd Green Monkeys
4th Purple Parrots

1st Silver Snakes
2nd Orange Iguanas

The Moat was pretty good, that limited season 1, layout 9 (aka 1.9) ?crawl across the floating tubes?. The Legend was awesome. I love the whole story with Mark Antony & Cleopatra. That & the whole ?Esmeralda! You forgot to close the clasp! Now die for it!? That?s possibly the best line in Legends of the Hidden Temple history, tied with ?While Dolley played airplane with the General?s creamed corn?. So the actual Steps of Knowledge, Purple Parrots had an early lead. Haha ?LMAO? ?Archimedes?? That?s hwat the Green Monkey?s answer for ?Which of these rulers preceded Mark Antony & was also in love with Cleopatra?. The other choices were Hannibal & Julius Caesar. By the way, while Silver Snakes got the final question, Olmec said ?That is correct, sir!? The Purple Parrots lost their domination. Robert & Tracy both seem cool, I remember Robert?s thing about moving. Joshua & Samantha seem alright, I remember Kirk thinking Samantha?s dog has her own roller blades. First Temple Game, (Robert vs. Joshua) was the Cleopatra?s Needle. It was so obvious no one was gonna finish, like most of these kind of season 1 Temple Games. Silver Snakes dropped their needle when they were at the top, but they recovered. Second Temple Game, (Tracy vs. Samantha) they had to slide up the ramps putting 3 blocks to make a pyramid. Samantha had an early lead, but had a really bad transition getting the block on the podium, then Tracy caught up, but Samantha took it back & time ran out. Funny thing was when they slid down, both of their blocks stuck haha. So now it?s ? Pendant each. Third Temple Game, they had to transport gold across the soapy field, because Cleopatra crossed the Mediterranean with a barge full of gifts. It was pretty close, but the final score was 6-4 Silver Snakes. Robert was extremely fast, he should?ve been an all-star. Got taken out in his fifth room after 34 seconds. Tracy was kinda a cheater, trying to lift the bar up & go through to the Treasury of the Golden Orbs, skipping the Room of the Fallen Columns. She got the Snake Bracelet with 1:01 left & she got out with 0:20 left. Production error: the Golden Orbs-Observatory door never opened, even after she grabbed the Snake Bracelet. Kirk waited for the Snake Bracelet to touch him.

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: August 28, 2006, 05:55:53 PM »
The Dried Apple Half of William Tell ?

1st Red Jaguars
2nd Orange Iguanas
3rd Green Monkeys
4th Silver Snakes

1st Silver Snakes
2nd Green Monkeys

The Moat was the one were they had to crawl on the three inflated floating platforms using the plank, kinda hard, the teams were dropping like flies, besides Red Jaguars & Orange Iguanas, who never fell once. The Legend was one that you like kinda know it happened, but not in like detail. All you know is that some guy named William Tell shot an apple off his son?s head, but we don?t know the whole story. The Legend told it, in a pretty neat fashion. William Tell was a Swiss archer from the 1300?s. Herman Guessler was the governor, & he put a hat on a stick & told people to bow to it. William Tell didn?t want to bow, so he was sent to the kind. His son, Walter Tell, was bragging about his archery skills, how he can shoot an apple off a tree from 100 feet away. So he took 2 arrows from his quiver, & shot the apple off his son?s head from 100 paces, just like Guessler wanted. The second arrow was for Guessler, if William Tell had missed. So Walter kept the apple half & now it?s in the Temple. The Steps of Knowledge, Silver Snakes answered the first question with the answer ?archer? in unison, a la Stone Head of the Evil King. Silver Snakes got 2 in a row, Red Jaguars got 1, Green Monkeys got 1, Silver Snakes got 3, first team. Green Monkeys got 2, Red Jaguars got 2 ?you could hear the girl ?what is?? while the guy says ?governor?, so it was like ?what is the governor?. This isn?t jeopardy girl! Orange Iguanas got 1. Green Monkeys got 3, second team. The first Temple Game, they had to crawl under the tiles & pop up grabbing a colored arrow & apple, matched the colors, pierce the arrow through the apple, & put it in your quiver. First to 3 wins. Lauren (Green Monkeys) got 1, then Desiree (Silver Snakes) got one after her. Lauren got another one, then Desiree got another en seconds later. So they tied, because no one got the final one (there were 5 pairs total). The second Temple Game, they had to spin on the wheel, & each rotation is ?one Austrian expelled? so they have to expel as many Austrians as possible. Because this game is so fast paced & stuff, I don?t want to write like all that stuff, but in one sentence. In the end, with Brett?s huffing & puffing, the score was 16-10, Green Monkeys won. The third Temple Game, they had to throw an inflatable hat up in the air, their partner will slide along the cable, & try to drop it on the pole. They were missing a lot, but eventually, Green Monkeys got 1 with 38 seconds left. They scored again around 25 seconds left, but they couldn?t get the big pole. Final score 2-0, Green Monkeys. In fade to commercial, Kirk said ?the Dried Apple Half of William Mattel, hahaha, that?s a funny. The Temple Run is hard, but horrendous. Brett tries all three books, to go down in the Crypt, to an out of place Temple Guard. You can see shadows in the Crypt, which makes me think production error, especially with the Temple Guard by the Legends entrance. He knocks over the column with his hands & has to climb up to the King?s Storeroom. He finds the key & starts putting it on the stone slab blocking the Room of the Ancient Warriors. He finally gets down into the Chamber of the Sacred Markers with 1:30 left. He puts the markers in their correct spots & goes down into the Tomb of the Headless Kings with 1:00 left & gets taken out with 0:56 left. Lauren walks up the stairs, contemplates about going straight down the slide, but finally does. She sits in the crawl tube & starts climbing from the Pit of the Pendulum to the Observatory with 0:23 left. She can?t climb to save her life. She bangs on the Chamber of the Sacred Markers door like Kim, & crawls (literally) up the stairs & time runs out as she is about to enter the King?s Storeroom.

Offline juan833blue

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: August 29, 2006, 06:18:14 AM »
8/29/2006:
The Treasure Map of Jean Laffite
The Upside-Down Compass of Henry Hudson

Offline Headbanger15

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 29, 2006, 07:30:30 AM »
Unfortunately, both sucked. I got to check the Treasure map episode because they said there was a sound glitch in the Steps of Knowledge.

Offline sag_2006

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 29, 2006, 09:16:14 AM »
The Treasure Map of Jean Laffite

The Barracudas got to the temple on account of the Jaguars incorrect answer in the tiebreaker.  (Season 1 rules state that if the team that buzzes in answers incorrectly, the opposition gets the automatic right).  Both players took different routes, a very risky move considering they had less than the full 2 pendant maximum.  Time runs out as the second player enters the Shrine

The Upside-Down Compass of Henry Hudson

Purple Parrot domination, up until the Run, which forced the Parrots to enter a typical difficult design.  Also, the second player actually drops the middle piece of the monkey just before time runs out.  The Parrots were a good team, they just encountered some bad luck.

Offline juan833blue

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 30, 2006, 05:31:40 AM »
8/30/2006
The Mask of the Man in the Iron Mask
Galileo's Cannonball

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 30, 2006, 06:53:46 AM »
(sorry I didn't get to be on yesterday, 16 straight hours of Spyware is tough)

The Treasure Map of Jean Laffite - Pretty average, Blue Barracudas got to the Temple on a lucky break (Red Jaguars answered like windless, when the answer was cutless). The Temple Run was one of the more interesting season 1 non-victories, because Terry Kay & Aaron both took opposite paths (which eventually merged in the Heart Room), which was very risky, because they only had 1.5 Pendants. Oh well, they didn't make it.

The Upside-Down Compass of Henry Hudson - Sweetness, Purple Parrots pwnage until the Temple Run, reminded me a lot of the Leopard-Skin Cloak of Annie Oakley. The Temple Run was hard, but last second, the guy dropped the piece of the monkey over the edge, almost like he threw it down into the Dark Forest, because it was hitting the branches.

Offline Kamehameha

• New Player
    • View Profile
Galileo's Cannonball
« Reply #520 on: August 30, 2006, 08:29:53 AM »
YAHOO!  Galileo's Cannonball is on today!  I had never seen it before and it was amazingly, spectaucularly, wonderfully, awesomely awesome.  In my opinion, the only episode that surpasses it is Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress (I'm a 1-second win person).  The other episode was the Mask of the Man in the Iron Mask, or as Olmec peculiarly calls it, "The Iron Mask of the Man in the Iron Mask".  I had never seen that one, either.  Galileo's Cannonball sure makes up for the abysmal Upside-down Compass of Henry Hudson.   P.S.  Who is Benzibab?

Offline sag_2006

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 30, 2006, 08:45:34 AM »

This run had potential, but one dead end spelled disaster.  Both runners were pretty smart, but the frontrunner was forced into the dead-end Medusa's Lair.  She gets taken out in the Swamp.  The second runner does a sweet headfirst slide to avoid any Temple Spirit that might be hiding.  A nice move that no other player ever attempted.  Time runs out just as he completes the Shrine objective.  In short, had it not been for the Lair being a dead end, this would've been a successful run.

Galileo's Cannonball

A classic last-second victory.  Both players were fast, and the frontrunner made an excellent path, before being taken out in the Shrine.  Jon is equally fast, and manages to get the Cannonball (despite having to take the ever so slow Mine Shaft elevator) with 44 seconds remaining.  He makes the rather smart choice of taking the top route out of the Temple, but just as he enters the Cave, he drops the artifact!  Fortunately, he quickly recovers it, and races to the finish line to record the buzzer beater.  In an ironic twist, the team also earned a telescope, in addition to their Bahamas trip.  Also, watch Kirk's priceless reaction when Olmec launches into the part where Galileo allegedly invented pepperoni pizza.

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 30, 2006, 10:42:31 AM »
Quote from: ""sag_2006""

This run had potential, but one dead end spelled disaster.  Both runners were pretty smart, but the frontrunner was forced into the dead-end Medusa's Lair.  She gets taken out in the Swamp.  The second runner does a sweet headfirst slide to avoid any Temple Spirit that might be hiding.  A nice move that no other player ever attempted.  Time runs out just as he completes the Shrine objective.  In short, had it not been for the Lair being a dead end, this would've been a successful run.

Galileo's Cannonball

A classic last-second victory.  Both players were fast, and the frontrunner made an excellent path, before being taken out in the Shrine.  Jon is equally fast, and manages to get the Cannonball (despite having to take the ever so slow Mine Shaft elevator) with 44 seconds remaining.  He makes the rather smart choice of taking the top route out of the Temple, but just as he enters the Cave, he drops the artifact!  Fortunately, he quickly recovers it, and races to the finish line to record the buzzer beater.  In an ironic twist, the team also earned a telescope, in addition to their Bahamas trip.  Also, watch Kirk's priceless reaction when Olmec launches into the part where Galileo allegedly invented pepperoni pizza.

Haha, I was thinking the exact same thing.

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: August 30, 2006, 02:14:35 PM »
The [Iron] Mask of the Man in the Iron Mask ?

1st Blue Barracudas
2nd Green Monkeys (Kirk said Green Parrots- Monkeys as they banged in)
3rd Orange Iguanas
4th Red Jaguars

1st Green Monkeys
2nd Blue Barracudas

Pretty good, I think. The Moat was one of 3 ?ancient Babylonian rings? one, this being the one where you had to swing across them by yourselves (the other 2 variants being swing with your partner, but only 3 tires compared to the usual 8 or so, or crawl through the tires, only used in 2.4 (season 2, layout 4). Anyways, the Legend was really good, I liked it a lot. The Steps of Knowledge were kinda average, one of the times in a French-themed episode where Kirk was all ?nice pronunciation?. He said that also in either the Two-Cornered Hat of Napoleon (2.3), or the Golden Pepperoni of Katherine de? Medici (2.5). Oh well, the first Temple Game was the one where you used the ropes to climb up to the top & grab a mask & fall down with it. The Green Monkeys missed the bucket twice, so the final score was 3-0, Blue Barracudas. The second Temple Game, now I might be wrong, but I think this was the least used Temple Game of the series, with only 2 appearances (the other being the Missing Weather Maps of Charles Lindbergh (2.5), which is weird, because those are 2 different layouts. They had to swing from board to board & collect an item, this time keys, which brought one of the worst Kirk quotes ever ?The key to the game is? the key.? The Blue Barracudas got 6 keys first, so they won again. Now, this team looks pretty good. The third & final Temple Game was to shoot markers (balls) at your teammate, who will climb a rock type wall & place the markers in 4 spots (in this case, steps of escape the Bastille, which were to find key to cell, climb over wall, swim across moat, & freedom. The Blue Barracudas never missed, so they won with about 25 seconds left. Amazing, 2 Pendants, good job guys! Now, Danielle goes in first, she stays on the bottom, & goes up into Medusa?s Lair when she gets a double whammy: Temple Guard & dead end! So she goes down & into the Swamp, where she is taken out. Then Justin goes in, stays on the bottom, then to avoid a Temple Guard in the Dark Forest, he dives across the bottom floor, only knocking down about 2 stones in the rock wall, but the wall manages to stay up, since he slide through the bottom corner. Then he uses the ladder & goes into the Shrine of the Silver Monkey. Time runs out just as he enters the King?s Storeroom. Without the detour in Medusa?s Lair, victory no doubt, unless there was a Temple Guard in the King?s Storeroom, then it would?ve been close. Tough luck. Note: I have this (pretty sure) on tape from a 97-98 rerun.

Galileo?s Cannonball ?

1st Silver Snakes
2nd Green Monkeys
3rd Orange Iguanas
4th Blue Barracudas

1st Silver Snakes (SWEEP)
2nd Green Monkeys

Wowo, this was amazing. The Moat was good, classic, but still good. The Legend was hilarious, with the whole inventing pizza, I still laugh at that. The Steps of Knowledge, Silver Snakes get a sweep, Blue Barracudas had a kinda funny answer (?Gravity is studied in what subject: Physics-? & the Blue Barracuda boy answers ?science?. I love how the choices for what makes objects fall & attract to each other were friction, gravity, & dropsy, dropsy?s cool, haha). Anyway, Green Monkeys come 2nd. The first Temple Game was to climb the shaft & throw cannonballs out. It was Jon vs. Kevin, Jon (Silver Snakes) won. The second Temple Game was to climb up the soapy ramp attached to a bungee cord & stick little balls on a circle. Jennifer vs. Beth, Beth wins 1-0. Jennifer threw hers, but it went through the hole, when it was supposed to stick to the donut thing. Third Temple Game, assemble the two 3-piece telescopes, by jumping up & down on the pulleys. Silver Snakes won. Now, the Temple Run has a lot of things. First, the first prize was a telescope, how ironic. Jennifer goes first, Temple Guard in the Throne Room, she almost follows him into his backstage door. Then she gets taken out in the Shrine of the Silver Monkey. Jon goes in, follows her path, takes a long look at the Treasure of Anne Bonny, weird stuff. He assembles ?the monkeys? as Kirk says, then goes into the ?Room of the Three Four Torches? as Kirk says. He takes the slow elevator & grabs the Cannonball with 0:44 left (the all doors opening effect doesn?t sound). He goes up the ladder into the Shrine of the Silver Monkey (apparently, the Tomb of the Ancient Kings (or Sarcophagus Room as Kirk says) door to the Shrine of the Silver Monkey was locked). He goes drops the Cannonball in the Cave of Size with 6 seconds left, grabs it, turns around, & runs through the gates with 1 second left, where he throws the Cannonball out of camera sight & Kirk gets it for them. Awesome.

Offline juan833blue

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: August 31, 2006, 05:09:18 AM »
8/31/2006
The Mysterious Manuscript of Mary Shelley
The Silver Horseshoe of Butch Cassidy