Author Topic: Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick  (Read 125687 times)

Offline juan833blue

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick
« Reply #495 on: August 27, 2006, 07:14:09 AM »
Quote from: ""PAK Man""
John Henry's Lost Hammer:
-Ugh! Do I really need to say anything about Kim? Let me just say that she belongs on the list of worst players in Legends history. She's only outranked on my list by the Cricket Cage people. Yes, Billy was a little slow at some points, but at least he tried to climb up the Spider's Lair net to the Room of the Golden Idols. You have to give him credit for that.

NOTES:
-This is the episode where the Green Monkeys are disqualified from the moat. If you look closely, you can see the girl was holding on to the board when she should have been paddling.

-Did the Silver Snakes think John Henry was a Yankee Dancer, or did I mishear them? Either way, what they said was definitely not Gandy Dancer.

-FOGG-UP: Kirk calls the Heart Room two different names; The Center of the Room, and The Shrine (?!)

-Notice Billy didn't press the actuator when he headed to the Tomb of the Ancient Kings. He just barged right in!

The Bonnet of Dolley Madison:
-An average episode. Matt was a pretty fast player, and he seemed to make up for his dead end in the Ledges by going pretty quickly through his remaining rooms. Too bad he got taken out in the King's Storeroom. Ashley was average, but her confusion cost the team their victory. At least she reached the artifact, but she tried going up to the King's Storeroom, which slowed her down greatly.

NOTES:
-That was one of the most bizarre Legends in the history of the show. "While Tiffany played airplane with the General's creamed corn?" Give me a break. Reminds me of The Great Linguini offering Catherine de'Medici advice.

-Poor Ashley just had bad luck throughout the episode. First, she gets all the wrong answers in the Steps of Knowledge, (although she redeemed herself in the second Temple Game) and then she got confused in The Dark Forest. I thought she was going to cry! And how about that nasty fall she took as she headed for the Temple?

-If Matt had started in the crypt rather than the Ledges, a successful run and a possible legends record would have been set.

-Was it me, or did Kirk say Von Boyage in the first Temple Game?

-Did anybody else see Kirk rocking back and forth right before Olmec announced the prizes?

-The King's Storeroom broken pot sound effect doesn't play when he shatters the second pot.

On a personal note, I have this episode recorded from its original broadcast in 1994, complete with the old commercials. Did you know Legends used to lead into Hey Dude?

Offline Aiselne

• Purple Parrot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yugiohforums.com/
« Reply #496 on: August 27, 2006, 10:08:53 AM »
She had the right mindset of going up after getting the Bonnet. If She wasn't slowed down by the Dark Forest so much, it would have been a win or a photo-finish loss.

Offline juan833blue

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: August 27, 2006, 10:22:45 AM »
This would have been an Icarus or Freydis finish if Ashlie, spelled A-S-H-L-I-E, had not been so confused in the Dark Forest.

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
« Reply #498 on: August 27, 2006, 11:37:40 AM »
I think it would've been the second closest lost, only behind Icarus. Probably like fully through the crawl tube, then time rus out.

EDIT: I have a different feeling about the whole Green Monkeys DQ'd in John Henry's Lost Hammer: First, the footboard was pulled from her before she got out, so it seems like she was in the water just swimming. & also, the guy put the footboard out first, then got out. Kirk said the Orange Jaguars were gonna be first. >_<

That's how I feel.

Offline Headbanger15

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: August 27, 2006, 01:44:32 PM »
I saw John Henry's lost hammer. Yeah, it was pretty pitiful. HIT THE BUTTON!

The second player did alright. He tried climbing the Spider's Web to the golden Idol room but couldn't make it. That door proabably wouldn't open anyway. It never does.

I think this was one of the very first ep. of Legends because when the second player entered the Tomb he didn't know where the key was. Olmec really should have said "Find the key in the coffin" during the temple summary, or maybe that was just a way to challenge them.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: August 27, 2006, 02:05:36 PM »
Well that episode was from Season 1, Layout 2 but yeah it was definately @ the very beginning of the series.

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: August 27, 2006, 02:06:25 PM »
Well, this was season 1, layout 2. Layout 1 had 2 episodes, Layout 2 had 4, so this was one of the first six epsiodes.

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: August 27, 2006, 05:22:24 PM »
John Henry's Lost Hammer:

1st Silver Snakes
2nd Orange Iguanas
3rd Red Jaguars
4th Purple Parrots

1st Orange Iguanas
2nd Silver Snakes

The Moat was good, Green Monkeys DQ?d, the ?Orange Jaguars? weren?t first haha. Legend was just about the gandy dancer folk legend John Henry. Orange Iguanas got a sweep, Silver Snakes came in 2nd. 1st Temple Game, they had to crawl through the tubes, kinda lame. Silver Snakes won. 2nd Temple Game was the shaft one, lame Silver Snakes won. 3rd Temple Game, transfer the spikes, lame. Tie. Silver Snakes go to the Temple. Kim spent 30 seconds trying to go to the Heart Room, mehh. Billy was faster.

The Bonnet of Dolley Madison:

1st Orange Iguanas
2nd Green Monkeys
3rd Purple Parrots
4th Red Jaguars

1st Purple Parrots
2nd Orange Iguanas

The Moat was the simpler one, but they didn?t get it haha. Kirk called the Orange Iguanas the Red Jaguars. The Red Jaguars pulled the partner by the foot, good job. Legend was all about Dolley playing airplane with the General?s cream corn XD! Steps of Knowledge, Orange Iguanas get 3 wrong answers, including James Madison being the 2nd president, The Battle Hymn of the Republic being written in the War of 1812, & Dolley organizing the galla event ?The First Electoral Ball? to commemorate James Madison?s presidency. The Purple Parrots were first early on, then the Orange Iguanas pulling a fast one. Kirk called Ashley ?Akila?. If you don?t know, Akila was the girl from the Golden Pepperoni of Catherine de? Medici. Same layout, so probably filmed back to back. First Temple Game, was the boat one. Only remember that in the Milk Bucket of Freydis & the Golden Earring of Henry Morgan. Makes sense, same layout again. Orange Iguanas (Matt beat Dwayne) won. Or ?Orange Monkeys? as Kirk says. Second Temple Game was to jump up & grab the president portrait & put them in chronological order of presidency. Once again, Orange Iguanas (Ashlie beat Jessica) won. Third Temple Game, they had to swing across to transfer the silver between their feet. Orange Iguanas beat Purple Parrots in a score of 2-1. Temple Run: Matt was pretty fast, but got taken out early. Ashlie fell really hard while running up the Temple stairs & she was like crying the rest of the time. She got confused in the Dark Forest from 1:01 to like 0:17. She found the key, but couldn?t find the panel. She even tried the Mine Shaft. She grabbed the Bonnet with 0:16 left, it could?ve been between an Icarus & Johnny Apleseed, but she spent a lot of time hanging on the ladder, trying to use it as leverage to get into the Laser Light Room door, which she was almost in before she tried the ladder. Ugh.

Offline juan833blue

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: August 28, 2006, 04:16:34 AM »
8/28/2006:
The Snake Bracelet of Cleopatra (from its original 1993 broadcast)
The Dried Apple Half of William Tell (from its original 1995 broadcast)

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: August 28, 2006, 05:00:59 AM »
Quote from: ""juan833blue""
8/28/2006:
The Snake Bracelet of Cleopatra (from its original 1993 broadcast)
The Dried Apple Half of William Tell (from its original 1995 broadcast)

That means we've logged all 120 episodes in here... right? :P

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: August 28, 2006, 05:14:33 AM »
Yeah, I was watching in bed, because I was so tired & woke listening to Lauren screaming her head off. Yeah, she's another screamer of season 3 (joining Jennifer, Dana, & Rachel). I'm like "weren't these the episodes I watched before I went to Disney [& started the log]???" Well, congratulations to us, we successfully reviewed all 120 episodes.

LET'S DO IT AGAIN!!!!!

Offline Nickgas-misser

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: August 28, 2006, 05:55:44 AM »
6/29/06 to 8/28/06
8/29/06 to 10/28/06
10/29/06 to 12/28/06 and so on :)

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: August 28, 2006, 06:18:45 AM »
Yaya, I start trying to capture all 120 episodes on Friday. Tape them from September 1st-October 30th.

Offline sag_2006

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: August 28, 2006, 08:19:10 AM »
Snake Bracelet of Cleopatra

Exciting temple run.  The frontrunner moves extremely fast, making it all the way to the Golden Orbs (his fifth room) in a scant 35 seconds.  It is there where he is taken out.  His partner, while not quite as fast, still fared quite well.  She grabs the bracelet with 1:01 to go, and takes a rather strange route out of the temple, but still manages to get out with 20 seconds to spare.

The Dried Apple Half of William Tell

Undoubtedly the toughest Temple layout ever, and the players were nowhere near up to the challenge.  Brett was fast, but unlucky, as the crew decided to force him to detour into the Ledges, where Temple Guard #1 was hiding.  Then, he got stuck in the Pit, and tried opening the Forest-Ancient Warriors passage to no avail.  He gets taken out in the Tomb with 59 seconds left.  His partner is very slow, and only manages to make it out of the Pit, but it matters not, as these two did not have a prayer to begin with.

Offline juan833blue

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: August 28, 2006, 08:27:24 AM »
In the Dried Apple Half Episode you made a mistake, it was the King's Storeroom/Room of the Ancient Warriors Passage and also, the dried apple half episode had the same temple games as the mysterious manuscript of Mary Shelley.  These two episodes were taped on the same day.