Author Topic: Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick  (Read 125796 times)

Offline juan833blue

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick
« Reply #465 on: August 25, 2006, 11:15:45 AM »
Thanks for the Tip and have a wonderful weekend!

Offline Aiselne

• Purple Parrot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yugiohforums.com/
« Reply #466 on: August 25, 2006, 12:36:35 PM »
Quote from: ""juan833blue""
If Robbie had gone straight to the Heart Room rather than detouring through the Throne, he would have been taken out in the Dungeon, but Tina would have had a clear path to the Pendant in the Spider's Lair and it might have been a successful run.  All I can say is tsk, tsk.

Whose to say the door would have opened anyway, it's not like they would have let all three doors unlocked, that would be too much of an advantage for the players. The Observatory was definately locked and The Heart Room would be up for debate (about 60-40 chance opened.)

*bangs gavel*

I find in favor of the lazy Temple Gaurd and Robbie (for being fast) and declare The Pendant of Kamehameha to be a tough but fair loss.

NEXT!!!

« Reply #467 on: August 25, 2006, 12:50:15 PM »
the observatory would have openend but you guys are blowing over the huge thing. it wasnt part of robbies plan. his plan was the straight line theory. to go into the throne room and into the spiders lare which almost never works.

Offline Aiselne

• Purple Parrot
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 25, 2006, 01:08:57 PM »
Quote from: ""The Purple Parrot""
The Red Sash of Ummm.....Yoshiru or something.-
Awwwww, close but no cigar. There were so many things they could've/should've done differently and this would've been a win. Oh well.

Only two.

1.) Brandy wasting her time in the Shrine when she could have just skipped into the Secret Password and got eaten directly instead of delaying it  (around 34 seconds)

(When she says "Long Live Olmec" and the Guard gets her from behind....priceless.)

2.) Quinton not just heading into the Bog and taken his Temple whooping like a man. (costed about 25.8 seconds)

Since he had four seconds left in the Artifact'ed room, if just one of the mistakes didn't happen, they would have claimed victory. I find in favor of...well none of them. They both fail, because they couldn't open their eyes.

EDIT:

I'm sorry. Outer, I missed that.

Lock him up for mental instability as well.

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 25, 2006, 01:15:00 PM »
Quote from: ""Aiselne""
If Robbie had gone straight to the Heart Room rather than detouring through the Throne, he would have been taken out in the Dungeon, but Tina would have had a clear path to the Pendant in the Spider's Lair and it might have been a successful run.  All I can say is tsk, tsk.

Whose to say the door would have opened anyway, it's not like they would have let all three doors unlocked, that would be too much of an advantage for the players. The Observatory was definately locked and The Heart Room would be up for debate (about 60-40 chance opened.)

*bangs gavel*

I find in favor of the lazy Temple Gaurd and Robbie (for being fast) and declare The Pendant of Kamehameha to be a tough but fair loss.

NEXT!!!

No... there's no way that BOTH the Heart Room and the Observatory doors  would've been locked. That would've meant that there was no way for them win. :?

I think it's very possible that all 3 doors could've been unlocked given the layout. I think all 3 doors opened in the Melted Head of Madame Tussaud, right?

« Reply #470 on: August 25, 2006, 02:50:35 PM »
Quote from: ""The Purple Parrot""

*bangs gavel*

NEXT!!!

No... there's no way that BOTH the Heart Room and the Observatory doors  would've been locked. That would've meant that there was no way for them win. :?

I think it's very possible that all 3 doors could've been unlocked given the layout. I think all 3 doors opened in the Melted Head of Madame Tussaud, right?

all three of the doors in the pit of despare were unlocked. this layout is pretty much the same layout as the golden kricket cage of kahn and the stone head of the evil king. all three contain a posibilty for solo win and a possible capture by three temple guards without placing a guard in the crypt of cave of size

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
« Reply #471 on: August 25, 2006, 03:11:00 PM »

*bangs gavel*

NEXT!!!

That doesn't make sense. The Observatory Door opened, & the Temple Guard & Robbie aren't on the same team. It wasn't fair. If the Temple Guard didn't come out at the right time, then don't come out at all. & for everyone who thinks he is under the floor & the tarp, & Tina stepped on him, he's not. When Tina is in the Tomb of the Ancient Kings (Kirk says the Tomb of the Silver oh, Temple Guard!), you can see the Temle Guard walk out of the wall (same place he is in the Mine Shaft season 2), through the opening in the rock wall Tina broke down.

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 25, 2006, 04:38:29 PM »
1st Silver Snakes
2nd Orange Iguanas (TIE)
2nd Purple Parrots (TIE)
4th Red Jaguars

1st Red Jaguars
2nd Silver Snakes

The Pendant of Kamehameha ? I personally love this episode. The Moat was good, pretty quick, but Blue Barracudas & Green Monkeys didn?t have a chance. The Legend was just about how Kamehameha united all the islands of Hawaii & how he wore some cool Pendant. I guess I like the whole exoticness. Wow, I?m writing this on Word now, & ?exocticness? is actually a word. Well, the first time it said it was. Oh well. Steps of Knowledge, pretty good. Nothing so special, pretty easy questions, kinda hesitant players. Ironic, was in the ?fade to commercial? sequence after the Steps of Knowledge, you can here a ?loo loo loo loo loo? sound, almost like a Hawaiian chant. How ironic. Interviews, I like Robbie?s sense of humor, Maria?s jump roping thing sounds cool. Mike doesn?t seem too cool, Tina seems alright. The first game was ?Petroglyph Puzzle?, which isn?t a real word, or I butchered the spelling. Mike & Robbie have to climb up the wall using the blocks & assemble a petroglyph. Robbie has a lead throughout the whole thing, he?s awesome. Kirk says the Robbie got his all put together, yet there was no bottom half. Silly Kirk. Second Temple Game, Maria & Tina have to push a giant boulder with their backs up a ramp spitting water, use the boulder to clog the water volcano & slide down wins. Maria & Tina, but Tina has a slight lead. Both are having problems near the top, Maria catches up last minute, but falls down trying to put her boulder in & ?he takes a gnarley plunge?. After the game, when Tina clogs the volcano, he tells Maria ?that was a great, great splash! I loved it?. Third game, they had to jump up & down, pick coconuts & put them in the buckets. Silver Snakes might?ve won, but they knocked 2 coconuts off near the beginning. That gave the game to the Red Jaguars. Also, in the middle, Tina?s bounces out of the bucket. A Silver Snake coconut falls & hits the Red Jaguars spotter, haha. Kirk took a long time to figure out both teams got all the coconuts. Some how, the Silver Snakes had 6, & the Red Jaguars had 8. Tiebreaker!!!!! ?In 1959, did Hawaii become the: 50th state, the 49th state-? Robbie says 50th, & the Silver Snakes go to the Temple! Mike & Maria go home with a computer adventure ?Stay Tuned?. Robbie was one of the fastest people I?ve seen. Tina was pretty quick, but slower. When she got to ?the Observation Tower? Both doors opened, so she could?ve saved time. Haha, Kirk ?The Shrine of the Three Silver Monkey?. She was pretty hestitant in the Shrine of the Silver Monkey, oh well. She was pretty fast, but the Temple Guard got her in ?The Temple of the Silver uhhh Temple Guard!? Pretty disappointing.

The Red Sash of Tokugawa Ieyasu later.

Offline Aiselne

• Purple Parrot
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 25, 2006, 04:54:22 PM »
Quote from: ""Olmec""
That doesn't make sense. The Observatory Door opened, & the Temple Guard & Robbie aren't on the same team. It wasn't fair. If the Temple Guard didn't come out at the right time, then don't come out at all. & for everyone who thinks he is under the floor & the tarp, & Tina stepped on him, he's not. When Tina is in the Tomb of the Ancient Kings (Kirk says the Tomb of the Silver oh, Temple Guard!), you can see the Temle Guard walk out of the wall (same place he is in the Mine Shaft season 2), through the opening in the rock wall Tina broke down.

If she'd a handled her business in the Temple Games, she wouldn't have had a temple pest problem. See, it all comes back to the player. I rarely feel sorry for the 1 pendent teams.

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 25, 2006, 05:48:00 PM »
Quote from: ""Olmec""

If she'd a handled her business in the Temple Games, she wouldn't have had a temple pest problem. See, it all comes back to the player. I rarely feel sorry for the 1 pendent teams.

So, she didn't handle her business in the Temple Games, yet she won hers? I'm sorry, but I just don't comprehend.

Offline juan833blue

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: August 25, 2006, 05:58:44 PM »
If the Silver Snakes had just TWO more coconuts in the final temple game, they would have had two pendants and a sure victory.

Offline juan833blue

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 26, 2006, 04:48:03 AM »
8/27/2006
The Star of Sultan Saladin
The Stone Head of the Evil King

Offline sag_2006

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 26, 2006, 05:49:22 AM »

Impressive, as all solo wins typically are.  The frontrunner did have a few moments of hesitation, but she knew what she was doing and was always trying the doors leading directly to the artifact.  She grabs the star and makes it out with a healthy 27 seconds left.

Another run where it seems that the production crew overdid it on the layout.  Both players were pretty fast, but the layout (and moments of extreme hesitation by both kids) end up dooming the team here.  (NOTE: Due to the length of the Moat crossing, the opening of the episode is shortened, and begins straight with Olmec's intro.)

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 26, 2006, 06:21:59 AM »

I saw this one as a kid, and I remember being excited to FINALLY see somebody win (hadn't seen many victories at that point).  Nowadays, it's not the most impressive solo victory ever, but Leah still did a good job.  A lot of pre- and post-run interviews, which were important to reveal her strategy of going directly to the Observatory.   :D

Not one of the better temple runs I've seen.  Tony was pretty dim, but to be fair to him, Medusa's Lair slowed down EVERYBODY (OK, not as much as the one minute it took Tony, but still...).  And four snakes are too many, especially when the crew obviously didn't test the room properly.  Also, for a severed body part, the artifact was pretty lame.

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 26, 2006, 02:29:18 PM »
Star Note: When Leah is exiting the temple, you can clearly see the guard in the Cave of Size.

Stone Head Note: During the moat, the fog disappears between the Orange Iguanas and Green Monkeys.

And how about Heather's troubles on the Steps of Knowledge? Surprised no one "stole" the question. And where was the key in the Storeroom?

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.