Author Topic: Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick  (Read 143717 times)

Offline The Green Monkey

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick
« Reply #405 on: August 20, 2006, 04:57:24 PM »
It was actually the Viper's Nest where the Mushpot Hat was hidden in.

For the Mystical Spellbook, yes that was a very tough layout. But if you look closely while Katie is climbing out of the Pit, you can see the top door from the Ledges was open, so Jared could've gone that way, and he could've had a chance to avoid climbing the wall entirely. And yes, while Jared was in the Dark Forest searching for a key, I was like, "You don't need a key! What are you doing?! You're wasting time!"

For the Mushpot Hat, Chris and Angela were actually a good team. But of course, Angela was quite slow, but not the whole time. Just climbing out of the Pit of Dispair and while in the Shrine of the Silver Monkey.

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
« Reply #406 on: August 20, 2006, 05:08:28 PM »
The Mystical Spellbook of the Imperial Wizard - Solid & close Moat. Legend pissed me off, pretty racist (not all Asian girls are named Ling Ling, Ring Ling, & Wing Ding). Steps of Knowledge were really good. Temple Games were OK. The first one was really good, with a bad Kirk thing about how he can?t see them anymore, because they?re into the bamboo forest, which was a season 1 room. The second one was bad, because they were delayed until they knew they could go behind & get the item. The third Temple Game was close, Green Monkeys have 2 Pendants, Silver Snakes have 0 Pendants. Or should I say the Silver Monkeys? Temple Run, kinda hard. They wasted 31 seconds. Jared wasted 11 seconds in the Crypt, had to knock over the column with his hands, climb out to the King?s Storeroom, wasted 20 seconds in the Dark Forest trying to ifnd the key when he had to bust through. Katie could?ve gotten out without those wastes.

ADVANCED STATS:

1st Purple Parrots
2nd Green Monkeys
3rd Blue Barracudas
4th Silver Snakes

1st Silver Snakes
2nd Green Monkeys

The Mush Pot Hat of Johnny Appleseed - Moat was good & close. I think that was the fastest Moat they did with that one (where there was the shaky log that they had to hold. It was the Moat in a lot of season 2 layout 2 episodes, they had the heavily edit it in the Stone Head of the Evil King). The Steps of Knowledge, they pull a Missing Eye of David, with 3 wrong answers.

Olmec: According to Legend, how far did Johnny run in order to warn the settlers.

Blue Barracudas: 80?

Olmec: I?m sorry, that is not one of the three choices. 30 miles, 30 kilometers, or 300 days?

Orange Iguanas: 30 kilometers?

Olmec: Incorrect

Green Monkeys: 30 miles?

Olmec: That is correct.

So continuing, it was pretty good. First Temple Game, mountain climbing. Second Temple agme is the swing  across the platforms on the zipline one. It was in the Shriveled Hand of Efoua. Green Monkeys get a lead, but Orange Iguanas catch up. Third Temple Game is the one where you sit in the see saw thing & run around in a circle grabbing things & putting them in the basket. This time, harvesting apples. Final scores. FIRST GAME: 3-2 Orange. SECOND GAME: 4-4 Tie. THIRD GAME: 4-4 Tie. Green 1.5, Orange 2. Orange Iguanas Temple. In Olmec?s Temple summary, cameraman in the Crypt. Chris goes first. There was a black kickball in the Pit of Despair, on the floor under the Heart Room door. Weird, probably from one of the layout?s ?knock over the soldiers? game. Chris had Temple Guard in the Crypt, stayed on the top, Temple Guard in the King?s Storeroom with 2:05 left. I don?t really know your problems of Angela in the Pit of Despair. She only wasted about like 7 seconds, which I don?t think would?ve been enough. As she heads into ?the Pottery Room? she opens the door at a weird camera angle. Shrine of the Silver Monkey, she assembles the statue averagely. She has to do down into the Mine Shaft, eww the elevator. Or ?the Well? as Kirk calls it with 0:38 left. She grabs the Mush Pot Hat with 0:21 left. She blazes across the top floor, trips at the Observatory & breaks the handle. She jumps into the Pit of Despair & enters the Ledges crawl tube when time runs out. Second closest loss with the artifact, first being the Broken Wing of Icarus.

ADVANCED STATS:

1st Orange Igugnas
2nd Silver Snakes
3rd Green Monkeys
4th Blue Barracudas

1st Orange Iguanas
2nd Green Monkeys

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 20, 2006, 05:46:03 PM »
^^^ The Priceless Portrait of the Polynesian Girl was just as close as the Mushpot loss.

And i agree, Angela wasn't all that slow. I mean, yeah she got confused when the Shrine-Viper's Nest door didn't open, but she really only wasted like 15 seconds tops climbing out of the pit. However, it was those 15 seconds that she needed i suppose.

Offline sag_2006

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 21, 2006, 04:54:01 AM »
The Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza

Quite possibly one of the easiest designs in history, this one required the team to pass through only 5 room en route to the artifact.  Even so, this was a fun episode, featuring some extra energy from Kirk, some nice, tight Games (including a 0-0 tie in third game, but to be fair, they were using kickballs instead of the usual boulder shaped balls they normally use for that type of game), and the Green Monkeys answering the tiebreaking question in such detail that Olmec proclaims, "That is ABSOLUTELY correct!" Good stuff.

King Tut's Cobra Staff

The frontunner was slow and made some pretty big errors.  Just grabbing the artifact is considered a win in my books, and her partner did that despite her mistakes.  Unfortunately, he could only make it to the Holes before time ran out.  If not for the frontrunner's hesitation (coupled with a possible production error in the Observatory), a good 45 seconds would've been shaved, which might have given them the time needed to escape with the win.

Offline juan833blue

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 21, 2006, 05:20:58 AM »
8/21/2006
The Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza
King Tut's Cobra Staff

Offline PAK Man

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 21, 2006, 08:51:01 AM »
I'm almost 100% sure the Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza and The Good Luck Watch of Empress Eugenie came from the same taping. They have the same moat crossing, and the same final temple game with the kickballs flying everywhere.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think The Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza may have been the third season premiere. It was either that or The Bullet-Riddled Hand Bag of Belle Boyd, because I remember the first season three episode I ever saw was an artifact in The Room of the Ancient Warriors, and the Monkeys went to the Temple.

I can't stand King Tut's Cobra Staff. Did you notice when the frontrunner went into the Gong Room she tried hitting the side of the Cave's door? That indicates to me she had no idea of what the objective was. I can't believe she tried to move the rock slab in the Wheel Room and go back out. Definitely one of the most slow-witted people in the Temple's history.

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 21, 2006, 09:59:02 AM »
The Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza -
Even with the zero-zero tie and the easy temple layout, i think this is an exciting episode. The kids were excited, Kirk was excited and it was just overall a good episode. The deserved their win... not much more to say... except OMG there was so much fog in the pit!

King Tut's Cobra Staff -
I... like this episode... YES that's right, i like it. Moat crossing was solid. The steps were pretty average. The temple games were good. Correct me if i'm mistaken, but there's a temple game that is unique to this episode. The team game were they have to wrap each other like mummies. Was that done in any other episode? Well, the Purple Parrots completed it so quickly that i think when they tried this game again in "The Dragon Lady and the Blue Pearl" episode, they had the kids lay down and roll over to transfer the wrap. (This also leads me to believe that "King Tut's Cobra Staff" was recorded before the Dragon Lady episode). When it came temple time, I expected more from Eusinia. She won her individual temple game, she said that one of her hobbies was reading horror stories, she ran fast.... but girl did NOT know what she was doing... ugh. She was looking for acuators in the Royal Gong room.... When she gets to the Observatory,  she spins the celestial lights but no doors open. Just when she's about to run out, a door opens and she goes down to the Heart Room. She then proceeds to go down the the Throne Room and she's like half way out of the room before a late temple gaurd get s her. She jumps on the throne (she doesn't sit on it) and the only door that opened would lead her out to the Wheel Room... which she tries to enter but the stone slab is down...ugh... Anyways, she finds her bearings and goes back upto the Heart Room where it takes her a few seconds to realize she needs to enter the Treasure Room. She then gets taken out by a second temple gaurd inthe Shrine of the Silver Monkey. David runs in and he moves at a decent pace. He hesitates at times but he assembles the monkey and is forced to get in the well bucket. The well bucket stalls (maybe he wasn't holding the buttons down?) and the audience begins to count down. He gets out, and with 3 seconds left, he busts through the wall, grabs the Cobra Staff and enters the Holes of Python where time runs out. Too bad.

NOTE: I remember this episode SO CLEARLY from childhood... I'm pretty sure it was the first time i saw the Purple Parrots go to the temple (as it probably was the first time the Purple Parrots went to the temple). After the temple prizes are announced, you can see a temple gaurd in the Cave of Size which would've made it impossible for this team to get to the Cobra Staff (they only had 1&1/2 pendants and the Heart Room and Shrine gaurds were unavoidable)... I'm not sure, but i thought i saw the hidden half pendant on the Treasure Room/Shrine door acuator.... I probably imagined it... David drops his half-pendant after he grabs the Staff.

EDIT: Wow, as I am typing this, the Cobra Staff episode is on, and i was right: The hidden Half-pendant is located on the Treasure Room/Shrine door acuator. You can see it when Eusinia hits the button to open the door. Someone should get a screenshot of this. The version of the "King Tut's Cobra Staff" temple run i have is pretty low quality and there's like this weird border around it....

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 21, 2006, 11:15:26 AM »
The team game were they have to wrap each other like mummies. Was that done in any other episode? Well, the Purple Parrots completed it so quickly that i think when they tried this game again in "The Dragon Lady and the Blue Pearl" episode, they had the kids lay down and roll over to transfer the wrap. (This also leads me to believe that "King Tut's Cobra Staff" was recorded before the Dragon Lady episode).
Oh I remember that game lol I definately think those 2 eps were filmed on the same day.

« Reply #413 on: August 21, 2006, 02:09:33 PM »
no one noticed this so i will point it out. every one always says that zac in the secret map of the bandit queen has the fastest compleation by a second runner 1:08. but asher in the jeweled scabard pulls of his win in 1:04 so asher actually has the record for fastest complietion by a second runner

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #414 on: August 21, 2006, 02:27:54 PM »
Quote from: ""outer space""
no one noticed this so i will point it out. every one always says that zac in the secret map of the bandit queen has the fastest compleation by a second runner 1:08. but asher in the jeweled scabard pulls of his win in 1:04 so asher actually has the record for fastest complietion by a second runner

While this is true, one should also consider the number of rooms they had to pass through in that time.

Zac (Secret Map):
4 rooms pre-cleared to pass through,
3 uncleared rooms to pass through, and
5 rooms to pass through en route to the exit, with
0 temple guards encountered.

Asher (Jeweled Scabbard):
3 rooms pre-cleared to pass through,
2 uncleared rooms to pass through, and
4 rooms to pass through en route to the exit, with
0 temple guards encountered.

Zac did far more work, but that isn't to say Asher wasn't a great contestant also. :)

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 21, 2006, 03:32:24 PM »
Not to take anything away from Asher, he did his job, but the numbers by themselves aren't always everything.  Some of the fastest temple runs are very boring to watch, for example.  Yes, he was a little faster than Zac, but "The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen" is very tough to beat for an exciting run.

« Reply #416 on: August 21, 2006, 03:50:06 PM »
i know it wasn't as exciting but it was the fastest. and whether it was exciting enough or not doesn't matter

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 21, 2006, 04:10:49 PM »
Was it me, or did the temple run theme sound different in the Jeweled Scabbard?

Cobra Staff note: When Eusinia jumps on the Throne, the "Objective Complete" tune from the Room of Harmonic Convergence plays.

And I do believe that there was a production error in the Observatory, as the stone slab blocking access to the Treasure Room was down when Eusinia entered that room.

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline Headbanger15

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 21, 2006, 04:52:10 PM »
AGAIN Olmec's eyes lit up when Dee Bradley Baker was announcing the prizes in the Scarab episode. Those sound-activated eyes must be pretty sensitive.

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
« Reply #419 on: August 21, 2006, 05:08:17 PM »
1st Silver Snakes
2nd Red Jaguars
3rd Blue Barracudas
4th Green Monkeys

1st Green Monkeys
2nd Blue Barracudas

Solid Moat. Good Legend, haha Kirk can?t say ?Sforza?. Good Steps of Knowledge, Silver had an early lead, but Green & Blue caught up from behind. First Temple Game, amazing. Outstanding score. Second Temple game, still good. ? Pendant each. Third Temple Game, for the Temple, it?s stupid because of the material. 0-0, tiebreaker. The Green Monkeys answer the answer perfectly, getting an ?absolutely correct!? Amazing Temple Run, they deserved it. <3 Lacey & Asher. This is my third favorite episode of all time, tied with the Lion-Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta

1st Red Jaguars
2nd Blue Barracudas
3rd Purple Parrots
4th Silver Snakes

1st Blue Barracudas
2nd Purple Parrots

Moat was good, haha Green & Orange got no one across. Legend & Steps of Knowledge are pretty good. First Temple Game was OK. Second Temple Game was OK. Third Temple Game was OK. These Temple Games are OK, it seems like it?s gonna be a good Temple Run :wink: WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!!! Eunisia or whatever, she is one of the few players to go down into the Throne Room (Silver Horseshoe of Butch Cassidy & Map of the Lost Gold Mine (Not sure about this one, it was an early season 1 episode, though) were the others). But she tried to go through the [still down] rock slab. *slaps forehead* She gets caught in the Shrine of the Silver Monkey. David takes over, he did pretty good with the time he had left. The ? Pendant was on the Treasure Room-Shrine of the Silver Monkey actuator, as pointed out. He grabs the Cobra Staff with 3.5 seconds left & gets into the Holes of Python when time runs out.

Side Note: The Purple Parrots have 3 victories, but this is one of the 2 times that they grabbed the artifact, but couldn?t get out. The other being ?The Bone Necklace of the Blackfeet Chief?.