Author Topic: Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick  (Read 144025 times)

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick
« Reply #390 on: August 19, 2006, 08:08:54 AM »
Quote from: ""outer space""
also the secret batle plan and the gloden cup at belshazar might not be the only episodes in which a temple run was recorded on a different day  than the temple games. it probably happened atleast once during the third season

That is a very good point, but there really isn't any evidence that can prove it, seeing as there was only one layout. In fact, the only clue I can think of is Olmec's color change, but no episodes, to my knowledge, would have been proven with that method.

Offline PAK Man

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 19, 2006, 08:31:47 AM »
Maybe that's why they only had one layout throughout the whole season, in addition to the fact that it was probably easier on the crew to not change the rooms every day..

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 19, 2006, 08:34:05 AM »
No kidding.  It amazes me that they even got through Season 1 at all, with all the room switching.

Offline sag_2006

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 19, 2006, 09:13:56 AM »
The Secret Battle Plan of Nathan Hale

One of the most confusing and heavily edited episodes of all-time.  The artifact is never seen in the room Olmec says it is, and the layout switched from Layout 1 in the Temple Games to Layout 5 when Olmec was describing the Temple.  As for the run itself, the biggest blunder here was bypassing the half-pendant.  If the backrunner had paid attention, he would've found it, and would've at least avoided the premature end.

The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great

Fantastic episode, made famous for the nifty camera work.  The post-Temple Game commercial lead-in is the best in the series, as Kirk is "chased" into the Pit.  Great stuff.  The run itself isn't too bad, either.  Kris (with a K) gets taken out rather briskly, leaving Kristan to clean up, which she does nicely.  She makes the smart move of using the Forest-Shrine entrance, and, after having minor difficulties assembling the monkey, grabs the egg and dashes out through the top floor with 21 seconds to spare.

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 19, 2006, 09:23:07 AM »
I don't feel like doing episode summaries today either, but did anyone notice that Kirk miscounted the 2nd temple game in "The Secret Battle Plan of Nathan Hale"? He subtracted a point from each team... the outcome would've been the same i guess. Also, there was no way that Cristina was gonna beat that behemoth child she was up against... that boy had to be hte tallest contestan Legends had seen. Also, i didn't think the temple run was very fair... Like, whoever went in first was going to meet a temple gaurd in the Crypt no matter what since the Ledges doors were locked... cheap.

As for "The Jewel Encrusted Egg of Catherine The Great", I like this run because when Kris gets taken out, Kristen has like a delayed reaction, then turns and runs in. Then in the pit, she does an awesome head first dive into the Tomb of the Headless Kings.

:P

« Reply #395 on: August 19, 2006, 09:54:16 AM »
Quote from: ""nicklegends""
Quote from: ""outer space""
also the secret batle plan and the gloden cup at belshazar might not be the only episodes in which a temple run was recorded on a different day  than the temple games. it probably happened atleast once during the third season
That is a very good point, but there really isn't any evidence that can prove it, seeing as there was only one layout. In fact, the only clue I can think of is Olmec's color change, but no episodes, to my knowledge, would have been proven with that method.

the metal beard was probably recorded at a diferent time. see the lion headded braclet thory topic for my reasoning

Offline Headbanger15

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 19, 2006, 07:01:17 PM »
And Kris was going down....town lol

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 19, 2006, 07:03:07 PM »
Quote from: ""Headbanger15""
And Kris was going down....town lol

Make his heart beat!  Make it beat!

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
« Reply #398 on: August 20, 2006, 07:20:30 AM »
Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain - Amazing, one of the best taems ever, amazing victory, we all know about this. Jessica + Jarrid = Pure love.

Golden Chains of Zenobia - Mehh, retarded.

Comet-Embroidered Battle Flag of William the Conqueror - Pretty good, longest title. Jonathan really wanted it, at least they got 2 prizes.

Golden Spider Web of Robert the Bruce - Cheaters never win, winners never prosper, prosperers never cheat, something like that. Jeremy cheated in the Temple Games, so he was DQ'd making only 1.5 Pendants into the Temple. They got caught because of the missing 1/2 Pendant. Serves them right.

Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata - My 2nd favorite episode ever. Man, awesome. PP Pwnage, but oh well if they lost the tiebreaker, the outcome was still amazing. If Olivia-Emma did one thing different, she would've lost. Simply amazing.

Golden Jaguar of Atahualpa - Average, but hilarious in 2 ways. 1. "By the looks of things, it looks like you're a bit soapy" & "Um... that's the wrong Cave of Size"

The Secret Battle Plan of Nathan Hale ? Ahh, this sucks. The Moat was good, I think this possibly could?ve been the first episode season 2 episode. The Steps of Knowledge, Olmec sounds a little deeper, no ?Shriiiiiiiine of the Siiiiiiilver Monkey? pronunciation, different view of the Steps (camera a little lower maybe?), use of a season 1 question (which one of these words is the act of spying? It was also used in the Codebook of Mata Hari). During the Moat consolation prize, no applause. Coming back from commercial into the Temple Games, no applause. I wanted Green Monkeys to win. ?Dreadly dreaded dreaded Temple Guards?. Olmec is just very low voice toned. Weird, but I only remember the use of the first Temple Game (the crawling out to the cubes & grabbing things while avoiding swinging bags) in other Layout 5 episodes (The Milk Bucket of Freydis & the Golden Earring of Henry Morgan come to mind instantly). Why was the artifact seen in the Throne Room? Temple Run was stupid, stupid, stupid. Pathetic. I have this episode on tape from a 97-98 rerun for the most part, but there was some bad static that made me miss some of the Moat, until the end of the Steps of Knowledge (starting with the ?I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country? question).

The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Katherine the Great - Awesome. Solid all around, awesome victory. Kris & Kristin pwn you. This had the 2 best fade into commercial sequences (First person shot of running through the Crypt into the Pit of the Pendulum & Kirk diving into the Pit of the Pendulum with the camera chasing him).

Offline PAK Man

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 20, 2006, 09:20:56 AM »
I know the first episode today was The Mystical Spellbook of the Imperial Wizard, but I didn't catch the second one.

Although it wasn't a success, they probably would have reached the artifact if the frontrunner didn't make a few bad mistakes. He completely stalled after encountering the guard in the Room of the Ancient Warriors, then wasted absolutely unneccessary time in the Dark Forest by looking for the key. I blame Kirk because he told the kid to find the key. Boy, that backrunner was fast, though. If she had a few more seconds, she probably could have reached the book.

Offline juan833blue

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 20, 2006, 09:38:20 AM »
The Second episode today was The Mush Pot Hat of Johnny Appleseed.

Offline sag_2006

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 20, 2006, 09:41:28 AM »
The Mystical Spellbook of the Imperial Wizard

One of the more unique layouts in Legends, and because of this, this run posed quite the challenge.  There were more than a few dead ends and detours here, and the team only makes it as far as the Bog before time runs out.  A nice effort by the Monkeys, but a tricky layout did them in.  (NOTE: Listen for Kirk's rather odd segue to the Silver Snakes' consolation prize).

The Mush Pot Hat of Johnny Appleseed

Both players here were relatively fast, but it was the backrunner's Pit problems that cost the team here.  They did grab the artifact, but time runs out as the second player was escaping the Ledges.  If not for the Pit problems (or if the frontrunner had started in the Ledges instead of the Crypt), this would've been a close finish, probably even a win.

Offline PAK Man

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 20, 2006, 11:11:46 AM »
Anybody notice the backrunner from the Mush Pot Hat episode broke the handle on the pot when she tripped as she headed into the Observatory? I also just noticed that these episodes had very similar layouts in that the artifact was hidden in the farthest room on the top floor and the team had to use the room underneath in order to access it.

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 20, 2006, 12:12:37 PM »
Quote from: ""sag_2006""
(NOTE: Listen for Kirk's rather odd segue to the Silver Snakes' consolation prize).

Featuring one of the greatest Fogg-Ups of all time.

Offline Headbanger15

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 20, 2006, 02:25:37 PM »
The Silver Monkeys lol

Mystical Spellbook - Probably one of the most messed up temple runs of all time. Frontrunner had to go down to the Ledges and knock over the collum then climb up the wall ledge and get to the King's Storeroom. And then he had to go down to the Dark Forest (where he tried to find a key which is a bit silly because the wall was right there) and he got caought by a guard in the Quicksand Bog. The girl just wasn't fast enough to get up that slide :(

Moshpot Hat - Another artifact in the Secret Password in just one day lol! The real reason for this loss was because the girl was so freaking slow going through the temple. If she were faster they could have made it.