Author Topic: Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick  (Read 143812 times)

Offline sag_2006

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick
« Reply #375 on: August 18, 2006, 01:24:33 PM »
Just encountered something interesting while watching the 7:00 replay of the first ep.  I do believe the music used in the first temple game is reused in the third temple game.  Odd.

Offline Bluebarracuda7

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 18, 2006, 01:57:37 PM »
Forgive me if this was repeated, but weren't the Blue Barracudas in that episode transferred to another episode? I've seen them somewhere else on the show before...

Offline PAK Man

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 18, 2006, 03:31:03 PM »
Quote from: ""Bluebarracuda7""
Forgive me if this was repeated, but weren't the Blue Barracudas in that episode transferred to another episode? I've seen them somewhere else on the show before...

You bring up an interesting question. I have no idea if they did that, but it wouldn't surprise me if the production crew decided to give them another chance. After all, it wasn't the Blue Barracudas fault the error happened.

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 18, 2006, 04:14:47 PM »

Ya know.... i couldn't help but to think "That girl looks SO farmiliar!"

....Was she the Purple Parrot girl that got struck by lightning in the Priceless Portrait of the Polynesian Girl episode?.... i can't put my finger on it.

Offline juan833blue

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 18, 2006, 04:30:08 PM »
Actually, Olivia-Emma was on "Get the Picture" in 1992.

Offline The Green Monkey

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 18, 2006, 04:50:58 PM »
Could someone please upload the Applewood Amulet Temple Run? I have it on my computer, but the GAS logo is covering the clock and it's really annoying.

Offline juan833blue

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 18, 2006, 05:16:34 PM »
There were three episodes during the Legends run were the same music for two of the three temple games was used:
The Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata
The Sacred Ring of Sultan Suleiman &
The Melted Wax Head of Madame Tussaud

Offline SSTwinrova

• New Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 18, 2006, 06:47:50 PM »
Quote from: ""The Green Monkey""
Could someone please upload the Applewood Amulet Temple Run? I have it on my computer, but the GAS logo is covering the clock and it's really annoying.

Not exactly the smallest download ever (just over 200 MB), but here you go  :)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3QKA3JEL

Offline Bluebarracuda7

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 19, 2006, 04:18:31 AM »
Quote from: ""The Purple Parrot""

Ya know.... i couldn't help but to think "That girl looks SO farmiliar!"

....Was she the Purple Parrot girl that got struck by lightning in the Priceless Portrait of the Polynesian Girl episode?.... i can't put my finger on it.

yea! that's it!  :D

Offline juan833blue

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 19, 2006, 05:47:06 AM »
Saturday 8/19/2006 Legends Episodes:
The Secret Battleplan of Nathan Hale
Most of the episode is Season 2-Layout 1, but after the Silver Snkaes proved themselves worthy, it became season 2-layout 5.  Needless to say, not finding the other half-pendant would cost the team, a temple guard in the King's Storeroom ended the run with 69 seconds left.

The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great
The Red Jaguars showed great teanwork throughout the show and this temple run was a success.  Kris, spelled K-R-I-S gets taken out only 31 seconds into the run.  Luckily, Kristen was a little faster and using the forest-shrine passage was smart too.  She has some trouble assembling the monkey, but after she puts the monkey together, she dashes into the Room of the Ancient Warriors and grabs the egg with 45 seconds left, only 21 seconds later she crosses the gate with the egg.  Wonderful Teamwork!!!!

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 19, 2006, 05:56:21 AM »
Kristin also pulled off one of my favorite moves, a head-first dive into the Tomb of the Headless Kings.

Secret Battleplan wasn't nearly as good an episode.  Lousy temple run, stupid legend ("I'm a Dutch schoolteacher!"), and weird change of temple layout...what was the battle plan doing in the Throne Room?  But it was memorable for a great Fogg-Up: "The dreadly...dreaded temple guards".

For that matter, The Jewel-Encrusted Egg featured a good Fogg-Up too.  He completely screws up the line, "Only one team will earn the right to enter Olmec's temple".

Offline PAK Man

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 19, 2006, 06:12:33 AM »
The Secret Battle Plan of Nathan Hale is one of the most horribly edited episodes in the whole series. It started with the fact that it was one of the first episodes of the season filmed, then combine that with the layout switch, as well as clearly seeing the artifact in another room shows the poor editing done. This is most obvious when Olmec announces the artifact, and for several reasons. First, notice that the artifact isn't shown when he says the location. Also, he seems to say this; "The Secret Battle Plan can be found in THE SHRINE OF THE SILVER MONKEY" in a completely different tone of voice, making it obvious that wasn't originally what he said.

Then there's the Temple Run. James took precious time away from his run to point out the location of the half-pendent, and his partner just walks right by it. This is one of those times where the backrunner should have gone in first.

Offline juan833blue

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 19, 2006, 07:00:53 AM »
In other words, if Christina had gone first, she would have got taken out in the observatory, but James would have easily found the second half-pendant.  But Christina of the Silver Snakes should be all to blame for this loss.  In the second temple game called the coded wall, Christina put a set of letters upside-down and it cost the team a full pendant.  If the Silver Snakes had tied the second game, they would have gone into the temple with 2 pendants instead on 1 1/2.  Oh, well, this had to be the WORST episode of Season 2.

« Reply #388 on: August 19, 2006, 07:49:59 AM »
they did have the disadvantage of knowing it was going to be in one room then being told it was in another

also the secret batle plan and the gloden cup at belshazar might not be the only episodes in which a temple run was recorded on a different day  than the temple games. it probably happened atleast once during the third season

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 19, 2006, 08:05:54 AM »
No doubt, but at least in Season 3 they put the artifacts in the right place.