Author Topic: Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick  (Read 127533 times)

Offline PAK Man

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
Re: Long Awaited Summaries
« Reply #360 on: August 16, 2006, 05:20:55 PM »
Quote from: ""Olmec""
David was fast, it looked very grim, but the wall in the Wheel Room with ease, he jumps down the Cave of Size & runs out with 1 second left.

The only episode where a contestant does not use the ladder to climb up the wall in the Wheel Room. I always thought that was impressive, and it's a shame nobody ever tried it again.

The Mummified Hand of the Egyptian King ? Mehh, it was alright. Solid Moat, sweep crappy Steps of Knowledge (Legend was retarded).

What do you mean? I can't believe you didn't love the story about Achmed and his clumsy brother Nachmed!  :D

Yeah, that story always bothered me, too. Even when I first saw this when I was eight years old, I didn't like this legend (or most of the other season three legends)

(when Katherine spun the sundial, she only spun it a little bit, but when Sean spins it more, the door clearly opens, Sean hesitates a little bit, deciding to go to the Heart Room or the Treasure Room, he chose the Heart Room).

Although if you look closely, the door in the Treasure Room didn't open. It probably was open, Sean would just have had to open it manually (one of the reasons early season one bothered me). Notice when he starts to spin the sundial, the audience starts chanting "Go, go, go!" Was this done on purpose, or was it just an ironically placed chant? We may never know.

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
« Reply #361 on: August 16, 2006, 05:23:07 PM »
Quote from: ""PAK Man""
Quote from: ""Olmec""
David was fast, it looked very grim, but the wall in the Wheel Room with ease, he jumps down the Cave of Size & runs out with 1 second left.

The only episode where a contestant does not use the ladder to climb up the wall in the Wheel Room. I always thought that was impressive, and it's a shame nobody ever tried it again.

The Mummified Hand of the Egyptian King ? Mehh, it was alright. Solid Moat, sweep crappy Steps of Knowledge (Legend was retarded).

What do you mean? I can't believe you didn't love the story about Achmed and his clumsy brother Nachmed!  :D

Offline The Green Monkey

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 16, 2006, 06:26:42 PM »

It was actually pretty easy for David, because he could just hold onto the holes in the wall while still holding the headdress in that same hand. Most others had solid objects so it wouldn't be as easy.

Offline juan833blue

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick
« Reply #363 on: August 17, 2006, 05:26:36 AM »
The Comet-Embroidered Battleflag of William the Conqueror

After the Green Monkeys dominated the Temple Games, Olivia enters the temple first.  In the Crypt, she is stalled by a Temple Guard, but goes into the the pit.  After knocking over the column, she wastes valuable time climbing up, but then she goes into the Tomb of the Headless Kings where she was removed.  Jonathan moved at a faster pace and was able to complete the objectives in the Tomb and the Jester's Court.  In the Dark Forest, he finds the key, but the upward door to the shrine was locked.  In the Quicksand Bog, he took the ladder to the Shrine and was able to assemble the monkey fairly quickly.  In the Room of the Ancient Warriors, the first suit of armor opens the door, but he was forced into the second suit where a temple guard took his pendant.  Luckilly, Jonathan had just enough time to get the Battleflag in the Chamber of the Sacred Markers, but little else was done before time ran out.  Although this was an exciting loss, just getting to the artifact in the Chamber was quite an accomplishment in itself.

Side notes:
No audience during the Temple Run
The alternate Pre-Temple footage was run

The Golden Spiderweb of Robert the Bruce

No wonder Cheaters never prosper and this temple run was why.  In the First Temple Game, Jeremy of the Green Monkeys had a commanding lead.  However, he took the short-cut to the top and was forced to go back, giving the Silver Snakes the first game.  The Green Monkeys won the next two and were going into the temple.  Christine was not very fast as she started in the ledges, but was forced to go up into the Crypt.  She wasted some time in the pit when she was forced to climb up.  In the King's Storeroom, she was caught by the first guard and not long after, she's taken out in the Room of the Ancient Warriors.  Jeremy moved at a quicker pace, but the layout proved brutal.  He assembles the monkey, but the door to the Dark Forest didn't open.  A temple guard in the Quicksand Bog ends the run with :29 left.  However, they would not have reached the Golden Spiderweb regardless of what they did.  This is one of two episodes in season 3 where a temple run ends in the Quicksand Bog via Temple Guard, the other episode was the Lost Taj Mahal Turban of Aurangzeb.

« Reply #364 on: August 17, 2006, 08:38:43 AM »
note: in the comet embroidered battle flag. when johnathon enters the ancient warriors instead of getting the view of the camera man in side we get a far out pan of the room from one of the stage cameras

Offline Headbanger15

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 17, 2006, 04:37:49 PM »
Yeah, and you can see the cameraman lying on the floor when Jonathan entered. LOL

Offline sag_2006

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 18, 2006, 09:39:57 AM »
The Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata

Undoubtedly the all-time classic last-second Temple win.  Robert gets taken out fairly quickly on two consecutive Temple Guards.  Olivia-Emma takes over, and makes it up to the Viper's Nest.  It takes a bit to make it to the amulet, but when she does, she makes a mad dash out of the Temple.  She jumps into the Pit and starts climbing the ledges with 10 seconds to go.  After making it out of the Ledges with 4 seconds to go, she dashes to the gates, and the camera switches to a wide-angle view as Olivia-Emma jumps from the entrance and lands on the ground just before the time runs out.  (NOTE: The third Temple Game is my all-time favorite.  Both teams were on a spinning horse and had to stay on for as long as they could.  Well, it was obvious that both teams wanted the Temple.  Neither team budged and all four players managed to stay on their horses for the duration of the game.  Just an unbelievable show of strength and courage.  Those four could've gone on GUTS the way they were hanging on for dear life.)

The Golden Jaguar of Atahualpa

A pretty average episode, with a couple funny moments.  One being Kirk's "From the looks of things, you look a bit soapy" comment after the second Temple Game, and the other being Chris's entering the Cave the wrong way.  The team successfully grabs the artifact, but due to Chris's detours, have no chance of making it out successfully.

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 18, 2006, 10:05:36 AM »
Didn't feel like doing summaries yesterday. I feel better about not doing summaries since like the worst temple run of season 3 was on (The Golden Spider Web).

Today:
The Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata -
This episode is famous for many many things. To me, it was yet ANOTHER Purple Parrots tie breaker loss :cry: on an easy layout. This episode could've been a Purple Parrots victory... However, I would not change this episode because the result was awesome. The entire episode was awesome. Anyways, Robert of the Green Monkeys goes in first. He's moving at a good speed. In Medusa's Lair, he meets a temple gaurd with a head cam. Then in the King's Storeroom his runs ends when another temple gaurd emerges. Olivia-Emma runs in. In the Pit she passes the OBVIOUS half-pendant (Thank God she didn't stop for a second and grab it... explained later). She wastes no time completing the objectives in the King's Storeroom or the Shrine of the Silver Monkey. That's all she had to do! She's in the room! She's looking around for the amulet. She finally grabs it and she's making he r way out of the temple. It's gonna be close. There's 10 seconds left when she enters the Ledges. The audience starts coutning down! They're going crazy! 3-2-1! SHE MADE IT!!! OMG!!!!! Closest victory the show has seen. It was so awesome. It still gives me chills! She would have lost if she took a second longer doing anything (even grabbing the hidden half pendant! *gasp*). Wow.... awesome.

The Golden Jaguar of Atahualpa (yeah, good luck on spelling that) -
Pretty good episode. Heavily editted moat. You can tell this because one second the first member of the Orange Iguanas is climing across the rope and in the next shot, the second Orange Iguana is almost across. The Steps of Knowledge were pretty average. It came down to the Blue Baracudas and the Purple Parrots (Wooo!). The temple games were good. The Purple Parrot boy was climbing that mountain so fast. And yes, this is the episode with that famous "You look a bit soapy!" Kirk quote after the second temple game. Well, the Parrots won the individual games and the Baracudas won the team game so it was a 1-1 tie. OF COURSE the Blue Baracudas won the tie breaker. Are you kidding me? How many times do we have to go over this? The Purple Parrots don't win ties breakers *frustration*. Anyways, Chris starts his temple run by running into the space between the Cave of Size and Olmec which led to the back of the temple. Whoops. He then corrects himself, goes through the Cave, through the Pit and intothe Throne Room. He goes up from there and meets a temple gaurd and a dead end in the Heart Room. He's forcedto go back down and through the Holes of Python. In the Tomb of the Ancient Kings, the door leading upwards does not open so he smashes through the wall and uses the ladder to climb into the Shrine. A temple gaurd was waiting for him there. Tracy runs in and she's not quite as fast as Chris but she's moving at an acceptable speed. However, she kinda slows down in the Holes of Python. She doesn't assemble the monkey that quickly either and time is really running short now. With about 4 seconds left, she runs into the Treasure Room and grabs the Jaguar but there wasn't enough time to get out.

NOTE: Was this the only time that an artifact was grabbed from that room space in season 1? I can't remember.

Also, i got bored so i decided to make a list of episodes in which the Purple Parrots lost tie breakers:
The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
The Silver Horseshoe of Butch Cassidy
The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
The Marble Armrest of Xerxes
The Lucky Medallion of Atocha? (I might be wrong about that one)

Well... look how many of those runs end in victory. :roll:

Offline juan833blue

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 18, 2006, 10:08:05 AM »
Of all the one-second left temple wins, there is no doubt the Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata is my favorite one-second left win.  This also concluded perhaps one of the best episodes of season 2, the only that is better is the Heart-Shaped Pillow of Annie Taylor.  All in all, the Applewood Amulet is a legends classic last second win and no wonder Robert and Olivia-Emma deserved their trip to Space Camp.

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 18, 2006, 10:08:43 AM »
Only 3 out of the 7 you listed were a victory...

The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
The Silver Horseshoe of Butch Cassidy
The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus

The Marble Armrest of Xerxes
The Lucky Medallion of Atocha?

Uhm... the bloded ones are wins. :D

However, i'm still not sure if the Atocha team beat the Parrots by tie breaker... i can't remember.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 18, 2006, 10:11:59 AM »
Oops my bad, I knew there were too many I were missing. (I haven't seen some you listed). Yeah its too bad the Purple Parrots lost too many times in the tie breaker.

Offline The Green Monkey

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 18, 2006, 10:21:09 AM »
Could someone please upload the Applewood Amulet Temple Run? I have it on my computer, but the GAS logo is covering the clock and it's really annoying.

Offline juan833blue

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 18, 2006, 10:31:05 AM »
The Purple Parrots did not even make it to the Temple Games in the Atocha Episode.  The Red Jaguars and Orange Iguanas played in the temple games and after the Iguanas won the Tie-Breaker, Ty makes history.  Enough said.

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 18, 2006, 10:52:33 AM »
The Purple Parrots did not even make it to the Temple Games in the Atocha Episode.  The Red Jaguars and Orange Iguanas played in the temple games and after the Iguanas won the Tie-Breaker, Ty makes history.  Enough said.

My bad.

Offline PAK Man

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 18, 2006, 10:55:18 AM »
Quote from: ""sag_2006""
(NOTE: The third Temple Game is my all-time favorite.  Both teams were on a spinning horse and had to stay on for as long as they could.  Well, it was obvious that both teams wanted the Temple.  Neither team budged and all four players managed to stay on their horses for the duration of the game.  Just an unbelievable show of strength and courage.  Those four could've gone on GUTS the way they were hanging on for dear life.)

Yeah, but did you see them afterwards? They all looked like they were about to vomit right there. That's also the game where Kirk supposedly swears (there's a video about it on YouTube) but I don't think he's swearing. What he says is "Oh, she-he's tired."

This was also the one where the Snakes were sent back by mistake. An interesting note; watch the Barracudas in the moat. They hit the gong so hard, the buzzer came off! The boy then sheepishly picks it up and puts it back on. It's a very intersting sight. When I first saw this, I thought they replaced the Barracudas because they broke the gong. As it turns out, it's because they were the last team to cross the moat.

the other being Chris's entering the Cave the wrong way.  The team successfully grabs the artifact, but due to Chris's detours, have no chance of making it out successfully.

I always laugh at that, but at the same time you realize that he jeopardized his team's chances at victory, as well as with running into the Heart Room. Had he not done that, this would have been a solo victory.