Author Topic: Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick  (Read 139254 times)

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick
« Reply #345 on: August 15, 2006, 09:55:43 AM »
Or if Chandra had entered the temple through the Ledges, she may have run into a Temple Guard there, and then one in the Laser Light Room, so she would've been taken out quickly and left Nick plenty of time to get to the cloak.

This is true, but we can't be sure that the temple gaurd would've been in the Ledges because it could've been in the Observatory.... though that would've been a little rediculous so my guess is that there was a guard in the Ledges as well.

Offline sag_2006

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 15, 2006, 09:56:16 AM »
The Mummified Hand of the Egyptian King

The only episode where the backrunner enters the temple with his partner's pendant.  This is because the frontrunner literally drops her pendant, and encounters a Guard a few seconds later, leaving her partner to pick up.  Unfortunately, he ends up taking an alternate route, and runs into the Guards that ultimately end the run.

The Golden Cup of Belshazzar

A rather difficult design here, as the team encountered several detours that tripped them up.  The second runner found the Treasure Room/Shrine entrance was locked, which forced him to go down into the Swamp, where time runs out.  (NOTE: Listen to Kirk's emphatic kicking off in the moat.  This episode was taped through the Games as Layout 1, which makes it one of the first, if not the very first. episode taped.)

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 15, 2006, 10:14:33 AM »
Another giveaway that "Belshazzar" was taped really early: Kirk says, "One of these teams will have a chance to retrieve the cup and return it to its rightful owner".  Hey Kirk, Belshazzar passed away 2000+ years ago, and even if he were alive, he's evil.

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 15, 2006, 12:33:01 PM »
The Mummified Hand of the Egyptian King -
This episode is... weird... so many strange things to point out. The moat was entertaining. The Steps of knowledge were a shut-out: Only the Blue Baraccudas and the Green Monkeys answered questions. Then the temple games start and this is where the weirdness truly starts. Kirk introduces the teams and asks if the kids are ready and they're enthusiastic. Then Kirk strangely out of character goes \"Oh.. alright, YEAH I AM TOO!\" It seemed really sarcastic. The third temple game was the game where the kids stand on opposite sides of the wall and one has to grab a boulder and throw it onto the ramp above them and the other has to catch it. During the game, the Blue Baracuda girl's waist harness was falling off. This has happened before (Zac from the Secret Map of the Bandit Queen episode). Well ayways, the Baracudas win, jump down off the platform and begin to celebrate and Maggie (that was her name)'s harness fell off again and then it does this weird, completely out of place voiceover saying \"GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP, GUYS!\" and then it cuts back to Kirk walking over to the Green Monkeys saying \"I had rocks in my mouth!\"... ok... so it's temple time. I immediately noticed that The Useless Map ofthe Chibcha Chieftan is pinned on the wall where the Season 1 entrance to the Cave used to be... why?... why is it there?... Well, whatever. The run starts, Maggie goes in first. She starts up in the Crypt, makes her way to the pit, gets a good swing but it isn't quite enough to get back. Then, if you watch closely, you can see that right when Maggie drops from the pendulum rope, her pendant FLINGS off of her wrist. She then tries to climb up to the open King's Storeroom door but changes her mind and goes down to the Tomb of the Headless Kings. It's here where she passes a temple gaurd and he jumps out behind her. She hysterically runs away but then realizes she needs to give him her pendant... but she doesn't have her pendant! Everyone is confused, Josh starts to run into the temple but hesitates... then he is signalled by Kirk and begins his run. He finds Maggie's pendant in likethe corner of the Pit... HOW!?!? He must've saw it fly off of her. Anyways, he climbs up and takes the King's Storeroom route. He meets a temple gaurd in the Room ofhte Ancient Warroirs. He assembles the monkey in good time, but when he enters the Room of the Secret Password he gets caught by another temple gaurd and the runs ends there. If he would've taken Maggie's route, he might've found the half pendant in the Chamber of the Sacred Markers as pointed out by Kirk after the run is over, or perhaps they would've had an even better chance if Maggie would've gone upto the King's Storeroom and gotten taken out in the Room of hte Ancient Warriors.

NOTE: You can see someone thats not a temple gaurd or Josh when the suit of armor turns around in the Room of the Ancient Warriors.

The Golden Cup of Bellshazar -
If this really was the first epsiode of legends that was recorded (aside from the temple) then that means only one thing to me.... THE PURPLE PARROTS WON THE FIRST EVER HALF PENDANT!!! WOOOO GO PARROTS!!!

Offline PAK Man

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 15, 2006, 12:56:37 PM »
The Golden Cup of Belshazzar is one of the weirdest episodes of all time, and I've got a bunch of notes on this episode. First of all, why was the Temple Run taped separately from the rest of the show? This also happened in The Secret Battle Plan of Nathan Hale, and it's extremely confusing. Secondly, watch how much of a cheater the Red Jaguar is during the first Temple Game. I know it's not technically his fault, because the lights didn't flash until about five seconds after Kirk said to stop, but it's still interesting to watch. I love Kirk's quote afterwards; "The Red Jaguars almost got almost all. . .well, they had almost all of theirs up." Also, watch how much trouble the Purple Parrots had during the third Temple Game.

During the Temple Run, listen to the Temple Guard in the Cave growl at Katherine, and the one in the Treasure Room cackle at her. Then, when Katherine is in The Room of Harmonic Convergence, you can hear a loud "clunk" when she tries the third combination on the steps. Finally, watch her partner (I can't remember his name) in the Treasure Room. It amazed me how many people got confused in that room, and how only one person figured out how to open the door to the room below.

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 15, 2006, 01:30:04 PM »
Purple Parrot, just want to let you know that I enjoy reading your episode recaps to see if someone else picked up on the things I did or also to see if there was anything I missed (aside from just the general review factor). As for the first episode today, my guess is that it's spelled "Mi Ling" or something like that, but that's just based on how other similar words I know from Asian languages are spelled.

Oh, thanks. :D

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 15, 2006, 04:53:52 PM »
Quote from: ""PAK Man""
her partner (I can't remember his name)

Shawn.

Also, the Temple Guard sound effect doesn't play when Katherine is captured in the Cave of Size.

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline juan833blue

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 16, 2006, 09:08:45 AM »
The First Episode on Nick GAS today of Legends was:
The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
I think the second episode was the Golden Chains of Zenobia, but I'm not sure.

Offline sag_2006

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 16, 2006, 09:42:05 AM »
The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain

Great Temple Run here, featuring two smart and fast kids.  Jarrid almost takes a detour from the Shrine into the Room of the Secret Password, but immediately realizes his mistake and corrects it, taking the Shrine/Bog passage to the hornpipe with 35 seconds left.  He then decides to get out the way he came in, and continues up the top floor on his way out 21 seconds later.  (NOTES: This episode contains a clever ad-lib by Olmec when one of the Jaguars gives a confusing, yet correct, answer in the Steps.  Also, watch Kirk's hand movements during his celebration at the end.)

The Golden Chains of Zenobia

This run starts out well, until Jessica gets taken out in the Treasure Room.  Her partner, Justin, was slow and not too smart (instead of going up into the Gargoyle room, he decides to follow Jessica's path by entering the Cave), and his slow-wittedness dooms the team.  (NOTES: Watch Olmec's pre-Run summary.  The well bucket doesn't ascend like it normally does.  Second, listen to the music heard in the third Temple Game: it is exclusive to the first season.  Finally, this is one of only 5 episodes that includes the Bamboo Forest.)

Offline PAK Man

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 16, 2006, 09:47:09 AM »
I don't know if anybody else noticed this, but during the Steps of Knowledge from The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain, something interesting happens in the audience. It's when Kirk is explaining the Steps to the kids. Watch directly behind Kirk. You can see about two or three people in the audience waving at the camera. The thing is, nobody else was waving! I hate when people do that, like on the news when they're reporting on a serious story and some joker is waving in the background. At least it's kind of hard to spot these people.

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 16, 2006, 11:25:37 AM »
The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain -
As far as I'm concerned, this is probably the best episode of Legends. The Green Monkeys and the Purple Parrots were 1 and 2 the entire episode, but the Green Monkeys just barely beat the Parrots in the temple games. The score was 1 & 1/2 to 1 making it yet another season 3 Parrots loss in the temple games. However, the Green Monkeys, Jessica and Jarrid, were going to the temple. Now, some may disagree with me, but I believe that this girl was the best female contestant that the show had seen. She was amazingly fast, knew what to do in every room, unphased by temple gaurds... she was awesome. Jessica starts off through the Crypt and she is flying. In the Pit, her only option was to go down to the Tomb of the Headless Kings. She runs into a temple gaurd in the Chamber of the Sacred Markers after completing the objective but she was unphased. She makes quick work of the King's Storeroom and heads to the Room of the Ancient Warriors. She tries the first suit but it doesn't work. She tries the second suit of armor and one of the most awesome temple gaurd grabbings occurs to end her run. Jarrid runs in at a speed matching Jessica's and he makes great time. He goes into the Shrine and grabs two pieces, accidentally tossing the middle piece aside while placing the base in it's place. So when he completes the monkey, he runs into the Room of the Secret Password with about 45 seconds left. He then realizes that he made a mistake and goes back for the Shrine-Bog door. He's in the Bog and he grabs the Hornpipe with around 35 seconds left! He climbs back upto the Shrine and cuts a path straight through the center of the temple and out through the gates for one of the best victories ever. The Monekys were very excited. Kirk did some kind of air hump and faked his emotions as he does often, but whatever, they won. I have to admit, i was rooting for the Parrots in the temple games, but this team was awesome.

NOTES: If they had started in the Ledges, i'm almost certain there would've been a temple gaurd in there. They never found the hidden half pendant which was shown in the credits to be on the other side of the pot that Jessica didn't smash in the King's Storeroom. Jarrid was SO LUCKY that there was not a temple gaurd in the Room of the Secret Password because if there was, this run would've ended in tragedy. Thankfully there wasn't. This was a very difficult temple design (I think it's safe to assume that The Plumed Headdress of Cosarara from season 2 was the same design, but that ended in a loss without even reaching the artifact), but they overcame it and the run was fantastic.

The Golden Chains of Xenobia -
Really, this episode was pretty typical of season 1. It was Orange vs Purple in the temple games... Purple got destroyed as they often did in Season 1. Jennifer of the Orange Iguanas went into the temple first. She ran into a temple gaurd in the Cave and was forced to go up into the Room of the Three Gargoyles. She slowy made her way to the Observatory and into the Treasure Room before being removed by a second temple gaurd. It's Justin's turn and he follows Jennifer's exact path. He gets to the Treasure Room only to find that the door to the Shrine where the Chains were located was locked. The Treasure Chest didn't open a path downward either and this really confused him. He then spends what feels like an eternity in the Treasure Room before going back to the Observatory, down into the Heart Room and then back to the Treasure Room...ugh... Finally he goes down to the Room of the Harmonic Convergance where he almost goes backwards.... so now there's 15 seconds left as he enters the Bamboo Forest. He gets into the Tomb of the Ancient Kings when time runs out. The door leading upward didn't open anyway.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 16, 2006, 12:22:10 PM »
I remember those episodes, one good episode (the lost hornpipe one) and one not so good one (the golden chains one)

Offline juan833blue

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 16, 2006, 12:50:20 PM »
The Lost Hornpipe Episode of Season 3 was the BEST episode of Legends in season three.  No wonder it is so popular now.

Offline The Green Monkey

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 16, 2006, 01:09:54 PM »
The best team victory in Season 3, IMO. Both were very smart and very fast. And the episode in general was splendid as well. :D One of my favorites of all time.

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
Long Awaited Summaries
« Reply #359 on: August 16, 2006, 02:41:55 PM »
The Lily-Crested Crown of Clovis I ? Pretty solid all around, just a disappointed Temple Run. Not much to say, except Kirk miscounted the Pendant of Life total at the end, Katie needed to find the last marker, & Judge just needed to go a little faster.

The Paintbrush of Leonardo Da Vinci ? Pretty good, just a HARD layout. Clean sweep of Steps of Knowledge, Temple Games were usual, Temple was hard layout. Katie (haha, 2 Orange Katie?s in a day, tPP already pointed that out) was fast, just the detour. Roberto had a detour, ugh, just so disappointing!

Lawrence of Arabia?s Headdress ? One of my favorite episodes of all time. Solid rounds, Temple Run is the main part of this. What a good first episode to air! Candice started slow, but picked it up. David was fast, it looked very grim, but the wall in the Wheel Room with ease, he jumps down the Cave of Size & runs out with 1 second left.

The Royal Torque of Queen Boadicea ? Very good, one of the most exciting runs. Exciting overall, they deserved a victory. If Lissy swung back, or if Nate tried the middle painting first in the Jester?s Court, victory.

The Enormous Feather of the Mi Linh ? Terrible. David was pretty good, caught in the Dark Forest. Jester?s Court didn?t go dark. Karisa was not ?really really fast?. She looked at the camera & shrugged about 3 times, twice in the Quicksand Bog, which was a ?hit the actuator? room, once after she opened the door to the Shrine of the Silver Monkey from the Quicksand Bog. She climbs, presses it, just starts back down & stares. She should?ve gone faster, easy win.

The Leopard-Skin Cloak of Annie Oakley ? PURPLE PARROT PWNAGE! First, first, 2 Pendants, should?ve won. Chandra is cuter then Kelly, I admit. No way to not avoid this one really. <3 this.

The Mummified Hand of the Egyptian King ? Mehh, it was alright. Solid Moat, sweep crappy Steps of Knowledge (Legend was retarded). Temple Games were pretty good, Maggie was the cutest contestant (her hair was down in the Temple Games, so it was cuter). Temple Run, mehh. Maggie flung her Pendant down by the platform you go off of when you swing, Josh found it? in the corner by the Tomb of the Headless Kings door. When Josh runs up the stairs, to the King?s Storeroom, you can see the ? Pendant in the Chamber of the Sacred Markers (same place it was in another episode, I forget which one. It was to the left, above the door that goes up from there. Josh got caught, eww.

The Golden Cup of Belshazzar ? Ahh, first episode glories. Moat was very good, Kirk had some extra enthusiasm. Steps of Knowledge were good, nothing too special. Temple Games: PURPLE PARROTS WON THE FIRST HALF PENDANT OF LIFE!!!!! W00T!!!!! Red Jaguars tried to cheat, kinda. Funny how all 3 Temple Games were completed before 60 seconds were up. Temple Run, kinda like Blackbeard?s Treasure Map, but the team at least recovered. I wanted to see them go down the Treasure Chest :?(. I think without the bottom floor confusion, they could?ve had victory. I would assume that from the Swamp, the Tomb-Shrine door, or the Dungeon-Shrine door would?ve opened, making 6 or 7 room minimum (when Katherine spun the sundial, she only spun it a little bit, but when Sean spins it more, the door clearly opens, Sean hesitates a little bit, deciding to go to the Heart Room or the Treasure Room, he chose the Heart Room).