Author Topic: Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick  (Read 133819 times)

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2006, 05:27:15 PM »
Yeah, all I remember was when I was like 5 or 6 it was Halloween & they changed from season 1 reruns to sesaon 2 ones, so then on Halloween, they played the first season 2 episodes for the reruns & it was the Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid, so it has a special place in my heart, along with the Helmet of Joan of Arc, The Gordion Knot (Alexander &), & The Broken Trident of Poseidon.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2006, 06:37:00 PM »
Ok, so after watching the Boots episode for like the 4th time today... it seems to me that the temple run has one of those weird Kirk voiceover commentarys in it.... Ya kno, similar to the Lucky Pillow and the Iron Nose Ring episode.... i dunno... maybe it's just me?

Knowing the voice talent of Dee Baker, I wouldn't be surprised if he voiced them over. Why they needed to be voiced over in the first place, and why the voice was different, is a mystery.

And now it's time for a random example of his voice talent: you know Squilliam from Spongebob Squarepants? Mr. Baker voiced him.

Offline Mstrgmr

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2006, 01:11:34 AM »
Dee has voiced a lot of characters from Nick and Cartoon Network shows

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2006, 05:11:33 AM »
The Missing Eye of David
Alexander & the Gordion Knot

Missing Eye of David: I'm suspicious of the moat crossing because it really did look like the Purple Parrots rang their gong beforethe Green Monkeys but they didn't make it to the next round... Maybe it was just bad editting... This episode includes a rare four way tie on the steps of knowledge. The temple games are pretty good and the third temple game has a very close finish. The temple run is pretty comical. When the frontrunner gets into Medusa's Lair and begins to put the snakes in the bust, you can hear "LET GO!" as if a Crypt Skeleton was shouting at him...ok... so then, he puts both snakes in as far as they go and the eyes don't light up and no doors open... Production Error!!! They open the door like 10 seconds later. Then he gets taken out and it's Emily's turn. Apparently she passes the half pendant (which we never see) in Medusa's Lair. Then she makes her way to the Swamp and gets caught by a third temple gaurd, gives him her half pendant... and keeps going? Nobody realized that she should've been finished and she began entering the Dark Forest. Kirk stopped her there.

Alexander and The Gordion Knot: Pretty average episode. Good pre-temple rounds. The temple is pretty good as well as far as first season losses go. Both kids moved at a relatively good speed but their mistake was taking the well bucket instead of trying doors that lead to the Shrine. The second player most definitely picked up a half pendant in the Shrine.

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2006, 07:01:51 AM »
Quote from: ""Mstrgmr""
Dee has voiced a lot of characters from Nick and Cartoon Network shows

Not to mention Klaus the Fish on "American Dad".

"Missing Eye of David" has one of the best wrong Steps of Knowledge answers of all time.  "Uh...a scaffolding?"

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2006, 11:50:51 AM »
Yeah, in The Missing Eye of David, I noticed the same thing with the Medusa's Lair "LET GO!" & the eyes not lighting up or Medusa's scream. It was a pretty good episode, just they got unlucky with a 1/2 Pendant we dont' even see.

The Gordion Knot (Alexander (the Great) &), that was my second episodes ever (first was the Helmet of Joan of Arc), so it feels special to me. Yeah, Retina picked up the 1/2 Pendant in the Shrine of the Silver Monkey, Tim moved pretty fast but got taken out, Retina moved at an average speed, she could've tried the Tomb-Shrine & Well-Shrine doors. At least Tim tried the (obviously) locked Python-Treasure door.

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2006, 01:26:13 PM »
Also, the Missing Eye of David, how Olmec let 3 answers in the first question after all 4 teams were on the bottom step, it happened in another season 2 episode. I do not recall which one at the moment, but I am positive it happened at least once more.

Offline The Green Monkey

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2006, 01:53:12 PM »
It happened in The Mushpot Hat of Johnny Appleseed too.

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2006, 02:02:57 PM »
Thanks, I had a feeling it was that one, or another one of that layout.

« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2006, 02:57:25 PM »
if the half pendant was in the shrine that means that the guard had to be in the tresure room thus making it impossible to make it without 2 pendants or the guard was in the crypt making it impossible to get the half pendant

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2006, 03:55:23 PM »
Does anybody else think that it's funny that the girl's name was "Retina"? I mean... look at it. :P

And I dunno why you guys are putting "ALexander" in parenthesis.... Olmec announces the legend as "Alexander & The Gordion Knot"

Much like how Olmec says "Robin Hood and Marian's Ladder" but everyone adds the word "Silk" in there (even though there is obvious evidence than it should be there.... maybe Olmec messed up?).

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2006, 03:58:50 PM »
Yeah, but oh well, because everything else has just been "The Gordion Knot". Oh well, it doesn't matter, we know which episode we're takling about.

Offline The 49th Ronin

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2006, 04:54:44 PM »
Many of the season 1 episodes had legend names different from the actual artifact. This was rectified in seasons 2 and 3 when the artifact and the legend were made the same.

As I understand, the legends are 'Alexander and the Gordian Knot' and 'Robin Hood and Marian's Ladder,' but the artifacts are 'The Gordian Knot' 'Robin Hood and Marian's Silk Ladder.'

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2006, 05:39:28 PM »
And I dunno why you guys are putting ''ALexander'' in parenthesis.... Olmec announces the legend as ''Alexander & The Gordion Knot''

Much like how Olmec says ''Robin Hood and Marian's Ladder'' but everyone adds the word ''Silk'' in there (even though there is obvious evidence than it should be there.... maybe Olmec messed up?).

I probably started that trend (it's not easy being a definitive source :lol:), however I did it with a reason on my site. If you read my episode notation guidelines, I state that each episode is indexed according to the artifact's name, not necessarily what Olmec says at the beginning of the show. Any extra information besides the artifact name is placed in parentheses after the artifact name. :wink: I should probably have changed that method a while back, but if you need a reason, that's why.

I'm not sure about the Silk Ladder one, though. Does Kirk immediately rephrase the artifact name? If not, I'll have to fix that on my site.

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2006, 06:39:36 PM »
Yeah, Kirk does. Immeadiately after Olmec announces it, Kirk says "Silk Ladder" even though Olmec never said anything about it being silk. That one is understandable.