Author Topic: Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick  (Read 130927 times)

Offline The Silver Snake

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2006, 04:53:01 AM »
The Golden Stallion of Ali Baba
The Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2006, 04:55:06 AM »
Kirk messes up when introducing the teams in the Golden Stallion of Ali Baba. He says that the Orange Iguanas and the Silver Snakes were "1 and 2 in the moat" when they actually were not. The Blue Baracudas were the second team across in the moat. :P

Also, gotta love "The Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible". IMO, it's one of the most tragic losses as i really cannot see anything that this team could've done differently to win. They both moved fast and they still didn't win. Overall, i think this temple run is extremely exciting though, right down to that last temple gaurd grabbing. One of my favorites.

« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2006, 05:36:48 AM »
discarded seal is offically the hardest layout

Offline The Green Monkey

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2006, 05:56:19 AM »
No way. I think the Dried Apple Half of William Tell is the hardest, even though I haven't actually seen it.

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2006, 06:07:23 AM »
No way. I think the Dried Apple Half of William Tell is the hardest, even though I haven't actually seen it.

I dunno.... The Apple Half kids didn't move as fast as the Discarded Seal kids so we'll never know where that third temple gaurd was.... Overall though, the Discarded Seal kids moved through 9 rooms and still didn't get to the artifact... and there was no other way for them to go (the Forest-Shrine passage didn't open). Also, they definitely would've reached the seal if it weren't for the third temple gaurd. The Dried Apple Half would've passed through 9 rooms before they would've gotten to the artifact as well (Assuming that the Forest-Shrine passage would've oepened). However, if they had started in the Ledges, it could've been only 8 rooms.  I'm gonna go ahead and say that, IMO, the Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible is the hardest layout the show has seen.

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2006, 06:15:17 AM »
... Is it just me or did they skip "The Bifocal Monocle of One-Eyed Jack" this time around? I recently started watching Legends again when i got home from college in like early May and "Henry VIII's Great Seal" was the first one i watched... Well, they already showed that one again, but in between then and now, they didn't show "The Bifocal Monocle of One-Eyed Jack".... is it just me, or did anyone else notice this? :?

« Reply #81 on: July 17, 2006, 06:50:07 AM »
as sad as it is the bifocal monical is the only episode i remember by name from my childhood

and t reasure my layout theory the frontrunner in the discarded seal had to make the swing back go through atleast 5 rooms before a defanite capture and the third guard did not make it any easyer

and this episode proves that sometimes the guard was hidden in the warrior that did not open the door

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2006, 09:26:02 AM »
The Bifocal Monocle of One Eyed Jack probably isn't skipped. Sometimes, they switch the order of episodes a little bit. It should be on by the end of the month. They last showed it on May 21st.

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 17, 2006, 10:27:19 AM »
Well, if The Walking Stick of Harriet Tubman got skipped last time, it's possible that the Bifocal Monocle got skipped this time, right?

Offline PAK Man

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2006, 09:38:31 AM »
Today's Episodes:

The Lost Whale Bone of Pythias
The Golden Earring of Henry Morgan

One disappointing loss and one of the most exciting temple runs of all time today. Interesting note; When I first got Nick GAS, The Golden Earring of Henry Morgan was the first episode I saw.

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
« Reply #85 on: July 18, 2006, 09:39:37 AM »
The Lost Whale Bone of Pythias

The Walking Stick of Harriet Tubman wasn't skipped. It just simply wasn't shown for 5 months, so I think they'll show One-Eyed Jack soon.

Offline sag_2006

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2006, 09:41:16 AM »
The Lost Whalebone of Pythias

The first ep is another in a long line of disappointing Runs, as the dreaded "artifact in the center of the temple" trick, coupled with a pathetically slow second runner dooms the team.  Episode #2 is one of the most exciting non-wins in the show.  Just getting the earring with the luck they had is considered a victory in my books.

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2006, 10:43:00 AM »
No matter how disappointing The Lost Whale Bone of Pythias was, i still like that episode. You could tell Brittany was pissed after the run was over because the whole time Damien is in the temple she's yelling "RUN DAMIEN! FASTER FASTER!" :D

« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2006, 10:48:04 AM »
it was the only time there was a guard in the mine shaft. something i dont understand in the jesters court shem uses the ladder to climb down why doesn't he just jump of the box.

Offline The Green Monkey

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2006, 11:42:50 AM »
Was the door to the Mandarin Hand from the Storeroom open after Shem was done in that room? I couldn't tell. If so, Shem may have even been able to get the earring out in time.