Author Topic: Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick  (Read 125840 times)

Offline sag_2006

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick
« Reply #570 on: September 03, 2006, 09:59:08 AM »
The Keys to the Alhambra

Shane races in carrying the team's only pendant and moves at a quick pace, before getting taken out 31 seconds in.  You'd think they'd have plenty of time to at least get the keys, but in comes Lisa, who not only stalled in the Tomb, but actually went backwards into the Cave!  Pitiful.  If Shane hadn't been taken out, or if the producers hadn't partnered him up with Lisa, this would've likely been a successful run.

Pecos Bill's Lost Lariat

Much like the above episode, this episode sees a speedy frontrunner paired up with a slow witted partner.  This team actually does make it to the artifact, but Kirk commits one of his most notorious Fogg-Ups be telling the second runner to bust through the wall when he was doing just fine going through the Wall Climb into the Shrine.  Although, as another reviewer on the Nicklegends site points out, Colleen could've had a record solo victory had she noticed the open door to the Treasure Room in the Observatory.

Offline juan833blue

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 03, 2006, 10:17:15 AM »
Did you notice that before the Temple Games in the lost lariat episode, the girl on the Blue Barracudas did an impersonation of a horse, only fitting that this episode was about Pecos Bill.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 03, 2006, 12:39:32 PM »
Okay I'd write my reviews for today, but I deleted the post by accident cuz I thought I double posted. so I prolly won't review for today and if i do, i'll write the reviews later.

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 03, 2006, 03:35:24 PM »
sag: It's Steve, not Shane.

And for the notes:

Keys to the Alhambra:

You can clearly see the keys when Olmec is going through the rooms of the temple.

Pecos Bill's Lost Lariat:

Just before the screen fades to the Reebok logo (after the temple run), you can clearly see Chris climbing through the Cave of Size.

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: September 03, 2006, 04:00:11 PM »
I suppose I'll try my review again, hopefully I won't delete it this time :roll: btw The Silver monkey is right its Steve, Shane is from "The Oracle Bowl Of Delphi" Now here we go...

The Keys To Alhambra:
Moat crossing was unlike any moat I've ever seen in Season 1. (Or 2 least IMO). One player had to swim acorss the moat with a rope and then tie it around the poll. then the partner had to climb across it. I don't really feel like saying who finished first, so steps of knowledge: average IMO. quite a few wrong answers though. Temple Games: Red vs. Silver. Kirk doesn't interview the contestants liek he normally does, he justs asks for their name and age. Temple Game 1 was when you had to climb up and match the colors of the pieces of a wall. Silver and red did pretty good, but Silver finished first and got the 1/2 pendant. Temple Game 2 was when they had to climb this soapy chute where they had to insert keys to the silver square. Red scrambled quite a bit and silver got the 1/2 pendant. the 3rd game was where the girls had to throw balls @ the contestants. they were all doing pretty good and getting quite a lot of balls, but in the end red jaguars won. So its a tie, Kirk asks the final question and silver gets the wrong answer, giving red a trip to the temple! Temple Run: Yet another example of a smart player being paired up with a slow witted player. Steve races into the temple @ a very fast speed and follows the bottom path until he is taken out in the Tomb Of the Ancient Kings. Lisa takes over and moves very slowly, once she gets to the tomb she takes a long time. Since the wall didn't break down, instead of her going to the Shrine Of the Silver Monkey, she goes all the way back to the wall climb and even detours to the Heart Room. I honestly just wish there was a 3rd guard in the Heart Room so the game would just end right then and there. Very disappointing and pitiful if you ask me...

Pecos Bills Lost Lariat
Moat was where you were on a tube and had to pull yourself across using a rope. Then flung your partner the tube so he or she would do the same. Steps Of Knowledge, again average nothing too memorable happened. Temple Games: Blue Vs. Green. Kirk and both teams had a lot of enthusiasm in the pre-game interviews, especially the blue barracuda girl. First Temple game: you had to climb and put these ropes on top. Chris Of the Green monkeys win that game. 2nd game you had to brand each of the posts. (its kind of like the 2nd game in "Oracle Bowl Of Delphi" sorry can't really explain it...) Colleen of the Green monkeys scrambles quite a bit and blue gets the 1/2 pendant. 3rd temple game uses that soapy chute used in some of those rare Season 1, Layout 7 temple games. The team had to collect these pieces and put it in their basket. Both teams spent a pretty long time getting ready but they got it done and it was quite close if you ask me. Green Monkeys win and go to the temple! Temple Run: kinda disappointing. Colleen runs into the Royal Gong Room then runs across the bridge to the Obsevatory, where instead of going to the Treasure Room, she goes down to the Heart room, where a temple guard takes her pendant. Then in the next room she is taken out. Chris takes over and runs pretty slowly. Once in the Observatory he goes straight to the Treasure Room and eventually he grabs the lariat too. But it was @ that time where Kirk told him to bust through the wall instead of climbing the ladder to the Shrine Of The Silver Monkey. Once Chris reaches the Wheel Room, (on the ladder going to the cave) time runs out. If it wasn't for Colleen taking that detour to the Heart Room, it would have been a successfull solo run, and even a quick finish too.

Offline Nickgas-misser

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: September 03, 2006, 04:58:13 PM »
2:00 AM
2:30 AM
10:00 AM
10:30 AM
2:00 PM
2:30 PM
7:00 PM
7:30 PM
11:00 PM
11:30 PM. NOTE: the new LOTHT times RESON: Finders Keepers go's off nick gas

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 03, 2006, 05:07:45 PM »
Just a question what timezone is that in??

Offline Nickgas-misser

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 03, 2006, 05:09:08 PM »
that's the east cost :)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 03, 2006, 05:11:44 PM »
Oh okay, cuz I'm in Central Time now. Thanks for clearing that up. :wink:

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 03, 2006, 05:46:09 PM »
Quote from: ""lotht-lover""
2:00 AM
2:30 AM
10:00 AM
10:30 AM
2:00 PM
2:30 PM
7:00 PM
7:30 PM
11:00 PM
11:30 PM. NOTE: the new LOTHT times RESON: Finders Keepers go's off nick gas
Quote from: ""lotht-lover""
that's the east cost :P

Offline Bluebarracuda7

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 03, 2006, 05:46:58 PM »
i'm guessing if Legends is gonna be on more slots in the day, they'll have more episodes???  :o

Offline kamehemeha

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 03, 2006, 11:57:37 PM »
WHAT THE?  I turned on the TV to see  Legends at 5, but it was Finders Keepers!  Strange.

Offline juan833blue

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 04, 2006, 04:40:22 AM »
LABOR DAY 9/4/2006
The Silver Cannonball of Grandy Nanny
(Orange Iguanas)
The Missing Portrait of Hans Holbein
(Blue Barracudas)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 04, 2006, 06:09:30 AM »
Reviews For Today:

Silver Cannonball Of Gandy Nanny:
Most crossing was where you had to walk on these ropes, but you had to be careful cuz they would rotate a lot. (I think thats what it was) Steps Of Knowledge, nothing too special IMO. Temple Games was red vs. orange. First game they had to put these balls between their feet and drop them into these squares. Red had a tough time and orange gets the 1/2 pendant. 2nd game was the squirting game, (just like in "Heart Shaped Pillow Of Annir Taylor). Red got squirted a lot and orange barely did so she got the 1/2 pendant. 3rd game was knocking over these boulders with cannonballs. Red Jaguars scrambled the whole time, and only knocked over 1 @ the last second, orange kocned over 3 giving them another pendant. Final Score: Red Jaguars no pendants and Orange Iguanas 2 pendants so they go to the temple! Temple Run: Johnathan starts off in the ledges, where a temple guard takes his pendant. He continues into the throne room, where he is confused on what to do next. He eventually goes up to the Heart room, and continues into the Kings Storeroom, where a temple guard takes him out. Then its amber's turn who follows Johnathan's path...until she completes the Kings Storeroom task. She then retreats to the Observatory where she wastes time completing that objective. She then goes back to the Shinre Of the silver Monkey, where 2 the last second a temple guard grabs her. But if they had more time during that capture, she would have been able to go on.
Notes: This is definately the Season 2 premiere. @ the moat Kirk says "They are gonna have to cross the moat, and this is how they will have to do it today...Olmec!" Then in the temple games Kirk interviews the teams like he did in Season 1. When thats done he says "And this game is called...Olmec tell us about it."

Missing Portrait Of Hans Holebin
(I actually saw this on Jon's site not too long ago)
Moat was where you had to put this plank on these green tubes in order to get across. Blue was 1st, Green was 2nd, red was 3rd, and purple finished last. Steps Of Knowledge was very easy, Holebin does a potrait of Henry VIII which he hates cuz he thinks is too fat. There was barely any wrong answers (expect for 1, which was by the Green Monkeys). Temple Games: blue vs. purple. 1st Temple game was where you had to spin around on these hamster wheels and then get out and destory the henry VIII paintings. purple scrambled a lot and blue blazed through it and got the 1/2 pendant. 2nd game was where they had to spin around and put ears, noses, etc. on Henry VIII. both of them seemed to struggle but blue got the most and ended up with another 1/2 pendant. 3rd game was where one person had to throw the rock to his or her partner, and then try to konkc over the boulders. Blue barracudas won yet again, and since they won all 3 temple games they went to the temple! Temple run: just your typical "Center Of the Room" loss. Rachel heads up first and is caught by a temple guard immediatley in the Crypt. Then she is forced to go through the ledges. In the pit the door to the kings storeroom opened up and she took a while climbing uo there while in the pit. She continues to the kings storeroom, and then in the Room Of the Ancient Warriors were she is taken out. then its Keith's turn who runs @ a very fast speed. He follows Rachel's path and continues into the Room of the Secret Password where a temple guard takes his pendant. (Good thing they had 2 pendants handy). Once he reaches the Dark forest, time runs out. Too bad the layout was difficult, i mean the team didn't really do anything wrong.
Notes: I definately think this was filmed on the same day as "Discarded Seal Of Ivan the Terrible" for these reasons. First off, the moat crossing was the same, and the 3rd temple game had the same type of objectives, and the temple run grand prize was a trip to monarch ski resort. Maybe I'm wrong but I just noticed this...

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 04, 2006, 06:37:19 AM »
The Missing Portrait of Hans Holbein

Moat crossing was the "two island and an ancient wooden plank" one.  The teams didn't do as well as other episodes (like "The Discarded Seal"), falling a lot more.  Legend was alright.  I like legends where Dee gets to bust out his German accent; he uses the same voice here as he does on "American Dad" as Klaus the Fish (see also "The Plumed Headdress of Cosarara" and "The Leopard Skin Cloak of Annie Oakley" for more of the Klaus voice).  Steps of Knowledge invovled a bunch of painting questions, so how could the teams get any of these wrong?  Oh wait, one kid said "squeegee" towards the end.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  Now, onto the temple games.  "She wants to work with the dolphins...the animals, not the football team."  Cute, Kirk.  The Blue Barracudas swept the Purple Parrots in the temple games.  Neither team did very well in the second game, but the first and third games involved Blue pretty handily kicking Purple's butts.  The games' ties to the legend were lamer than usual.  Now, onto the temple run.  While it's always tough to reach the artifact when it's hidden in the center of the room, it's nigh impossible when the team has to go around counterclockwise and enter the room from below, as they had to do here (see also "Ponce de Leon").  Keith and Rachel were an alright team, and I think they were just defeated by the layout more than anything else.  Two things would have helped improve their chances of victory though: first, Rachel couldn't swing back and pull herself up in the Pit of the Pendulum, and that added some time.  Second, Keith went straight to the Room of the Secret Password instead of checking to see if the Forest or Bog door was open (but I liked his nice, strong readings of the passwords).  Their chances of victory were very slim anyway, though, so I can't fault them too much.