Author Topic: Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick  (Read 125818 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick
« Reply #555 on: September 02, 2006, 03:38:42 PM »
Yeah, I kinda think purple should have won in the Marble Armrest episode, but they probably wouldn't have won, as that was a difficult layout. As for Jackie, lol who knows maybe she was too wrapped up with reading teen magazines she barely paid attention to the temple layout!

Offline juan833blue

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: September 02, 2006, 05:07:49 PM »
Happy Labor Day weekend and keep up the good work!

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: September 02, 2006, 06:28:15 PM »
I think Jackie was better than Kim. At least Jackie moved at a decent pace (once she was out of the Ledges that is). Kim was just atrocious.... didn't know how to open the push-button doors....wow...

Offline kamehemeha

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: September 03, 2006, 01:36:14 AM »
Kim was from John Henry's Lost Hammer.  At least she wasn't obsessed wih teen magazines.  And I have one burning question: Can anyone tell me who BENZIBAB was?[/i]

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: September 03, 2006, 04:18:04 AM »
I wouldn't say Jackie was obsessed with teen magazines just because she talked about liking them in her interview.... we don't even know her personally.

Anyways, if you're seriously asking who Benzibab was....Well, according to Legends, he was some chick's bodygaurd who was gonna asassinate her and then they deciphered a code leading them to find out Benzibab's plan. They identified him by his ruby earring and then he was jailed. The end.

Offline juan833blue

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: September 03, 2006, 04:39:03 AM »
9/3/2006
The Keys to the Alhambra (Red Jaguars)
Pecos Bill's Lost Lariat (Green Monkeys)
Side Note: Benzibab was the Bodyguard to the Queen of Sheba whose name was Belkis.

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: September 03, 2006, 04:52:37 AM »
Ah yes, two episodes I saw when I was a lad but haven't since.  Pecos Bill's Lost Lariat was the very first episode I saw.  I hardly remember anything, except getting pissed off at the temple runners from both episodes.

Not surprisingly, my Google search for "Benzibab" yields no results except the episode title.  Yet another thing to "unlearn" from watching Legends, along with The Great Linguini being the most influential figure of the Italian Renaissance.

Offline Headbanger15

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: September 03, 2006, 06:45:41 AM »
I saw the Lost Lariat. What was frustrating about it was that the bar from the Observatory to the Treasure Room didn't open until the girl went down into the Heart Room. A bit unfair.

And then the second player made it to the lariot, and was about to go up into the Shrine, but then Kirk told him to follow the bottom path through the Holes of Python. The bottom level of the Temple in Layouts 8 and 9 was the hardest I've ever seen. You have to go through the Python Holes and climb a 4 foot ledge, then the bottom door from the Wheel Room to the Cave of Size is blocked off by the wheel and you have to climb up a ladder to get into the Cave. Just so flippin hard and yet it deffinately gave the players a challenge because a lot of the earlier layouts had a simple hit the button objective.

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: September 03, 2006, 06:55:09 AM »
I HATE The Keys to the Alhambra. Oh god.... it's basically one of many reasons why i hate the Red Jaguars. Their temple runs really are my least favorite.

As for Pecos Bill's Lost Lariat, it's a pretty good episode. If Chris wasn't incompetant they would have won making the Green Monkeys's record for the first season 3 wins outta 4 runs! Some say that Colleen the frontrunner is to blame for the loss because it could've been a solo run if she hadn't gone down to the Heart Room from the Observatory. However, i really can't hold that against her. The bar blocking the path to the Treasure Room delayed before opening. Sure Colleen saw this, but you have to make quick decisions in the temple or else lose precious time. So it turned out to be not the best decision but at least she was moving.

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: September 03, 2006, 06:56:45 AM »
Quote from: ""Headbanger15""
I saw the Lost Lariat. What was frustrating about it was that the bar from the Observatory to the Treasure Room didn't open until the girl went down into the Heart Room. A bit unfair.

And then the second player made it to the lariot, and was about to go up into the Shrine, but then Kirk told him to follow the bottom path through the Holes of Python. The bottom level of the Temple in Layouts 8 and 9 was the hardest I've ever seen. You have to go through the Python Holes and climb a 4 foot ledge, then the bottom door from the Wheel Room to the Cave of Size is blocked off by the wheel and you have to climb up a ladder to get into the Cave. Just so flippin hard and yet it deffinately gave the players a challenge because a lot of the earlier layouts had a simple hit the button objective.

I gotta say though.... I love the Holes of Python. Definitely my favorite room from season 1. Not to mention that's the room that caught up Jennifer in the Dragon Lady and the Blue Pearl episode. <3 :twisted:

« Reply #565 on: September 03, 2006, 06:58:50 AM »
keys to alhambra the only red jaguar run with one pendant

Offline kamehemeha

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: September 03, 2006, 08:06:51 AM »
Sorry to get off topic, but who here has seen the Ruby Earring of Benzibab?  I have seen the temple run, but not the rest.  So, who is Benzibab?  Can anyone tell me?

Offline kamehemeha

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: September 03, 2006, 08:12:43 AM »
Oh, I just noticed the Purple Parrot had told me who that Benzibab fellow was.  Interesting.

Offline juan833blue

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: September 03, 2006, 08:15:18 AM »
Benzibab was the bodyguard to the Queen of Sheba, Bilqis and not only that, but she was also related to Solomon.  Benzibab threatened to kill Bilqis, but instead took the Ruby Earring and the rest is history.

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
« Reply #569 on: September 03, 2006, 08:20:43 AM »
Wowo, I get to tape two season 1 episodes today, yaya. Now, I have 6/120 episodes after today.