Author Topic: Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick  (Read 125793 times)

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick
« Reply #480 on: August 26, 2006, 02:38:49 PM »
The Star of the Sultan Saladin - Pretty good all around, but the main thing to talk about is the Temple Run. Leah was pretty fast. She tried doors towards the artifact, but she made up for it, with a rather frightening Temple Guard in the Tomb of the Ancient Kings. With Kirk having many Fogg-Ups including "The Throne of the Golden Idols", Leah did good. She grabbed the Star of the Sultan Saladin & got out. Kirk had some insanely long interviews, which added together (pre & post run) were probably more then the 3 minutes for the Temple! I'll comment on the Moat, Legend, Steps of Knowledge, & Temple Games when I actually see them. I'm having a rather busy day today. Temple Guard in the Cave of Size. I probably won't see the Moat, Legend, Steps of Knowledge, & Temple Games.

The Stone Head of the Evil King - I really like this episode, to be honest. Probably the nostaliga, I remember coming home from the YMCA one day to see this episode. There was no scenes through the lush jungle, just cutting to Olmec for the intro. I'm not doing statistics, because they're on the King's Storeroom. The Moat was long, arguably the hardest Moat of the entire series. Heavy editting made the fog mysteriously vanish. I don't think the artifact was lame at all, probably just my whole mythology love, especially Greek. The Legend, awesome. I <3 the whole Perseus-Medusa-Pegasus story (check out my fan fic "The Enchanted Wing of Pegasus" haha, one of my favorites I wrote). The body part wasn't exactly severed, but it "fell off". The Steps of Knowledge, I like the whole unity. The Blue Barracudas named "Medusa" "Gorgons" & "Athens" at the same time, while on the Silver Snakes, their third answer "Turned to stone" was said in unity as well. It made me think both teams really wanted it, so I like both of them. Blue barracudas & Silver Snakes, even down the Steps of Knowledge, Green Monkeys & Red Jaguars got a question in there. Also, I love the whole sportsmanship of all four teams in the Steps of Knoweldge, all high fiving each other at the end. Sometimes, you see the winning teams high five each other, but they also were ince to the teams that didn't make it. Funny how the Silver Snakes were Chris & Kristin. Those are pretty common names in "Legends", but Jennifer will always be number 1. First Temple Game, they had to shimmee up Pegasus' backbone & place a wing on his shoulder, while Pegasus is spitting on you. You can't touch the ground. It was Heather vs. Chris. Heather basically pwns Chris, while the hole "get your lower legs ontop of the backbone" strategy. Heather soon gets 2 while Chris is 1/4 way up the second one. Kirk says she "frogged" her way up there. Easier way to describe it. Second Temple Game, they had to climb up the mountain with the 2 pegs, climb to the top while carrying the backpack (containing Medusa's head), & put the backpack on Athena's shield. This is probably the hardest variation of the mountain climbing game. Tony is a high adventurer who wants to climb the cascades. Kristen is the track star. I like both of them already :D. Also, while the Stone Head of the Evil King is visible in the Swamp, so are the Imperial Purple Robe of Empress Theodora & The Mush Pot Hat of Johnny Appleseed. Tony was at the top for the last half, he just couldn't get the back on the shield. In the end, it was pretty close, but Tony was further up, so they won the 1/2 Pendant of Life. Now, Blue Barracudas have 1 Pendant, Silver Snakes have nothing. Third Temple Game, they had to knock the statue of the Stone King down. They just had to slingshot the columns down. Both teams get one on their first try. Then, they had some problems, close but no cigar. Blue Barracudas scored with 37 seconds left. They scored again with 29 seconds left. Then Silver Snakes cored with 24 seconds left, almost getting 2 down. Blue Barracuas got part of the string on the last dummy, but didn't fall down. They also hit it twice, but it never fell down. Silver Snakes kept lobbing them into the Pit of Despair. So final score was 3-2, Blue Barracudas. Blue Barracudas just clean sweep against the Silver Snakes. I wish both teams could've gone to the Temple. The Temple Run: Heather went in first. She had to go from the Crypt to the Ledges, because she only tried 1 book. Apparently she knows about acrobatics. She does great. Temple Guard in the Throne Room, but she?s still going fast. Haha, the Temle Guard is shown talking to her, haha. Medusa?s Lair (how ironic), she gets taken out. Tony follows her path, & he gets into Medusa?s Lair with 1:30. He doesn?t put in all 4 snakes, until there is 0:21 left. He spent 1:09 completing the room. I guess Medusa gave Tony & Perseus problems. He holds the record for the longest time to complete any objective. Then he goes into the King?s Storeroom. Temple Guard (three consecutive ones)! He breaks the pots by putting one hand on the top, & whamming his other hand through them. Poor poor poor, he probably made the key go out of the Temple. Time runs out.

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 26, 2006, 03:47:29 PM »
Quote from: ""The Silver Monkey""
Star Note: When Leah is exiting the temple, you can clearly see the guard in the Cave of Size.?

Yes, I loved that.  Weren't they supposed to vanish?

Offline The 49th Ronin

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 26, 2006, 03:52:32 PM »
According to Olmec, they are suposed to vanish, but in reality, the temple guards just become very very apathetic about guarding the temple.

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 26, 2006, 04:11:11 PM »
OK, so I guess he meant "vanish" metaphorically.

Offline juan833blue

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 26, 2006, 04:47:10 PM »
Did you notice in the Star of Sultan Saladin episode when Leah grabbed the Star in the Observatory?  As she was climbing down into the Cave of Size, you can clearly see the Temple Guard cheering on leah, weird.

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 26, 2006, 05:09:41 PM »
"Hey, temple guard!"
"'Sup?"

Offline sag_2006

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 26, 2006, 05:22:54 PM »
Quote from: ""tss1011""
"Hey, temple guard!"
"'Sup?"

:lol:

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 26, 2006, 05:28:30 PM »
I go back to school tomorrow.... aka no more DirecTV aka no more watching Legends for me aka no more episode summaries from me (unless i'm home for the weekend and i feel like doing'em). :cry:

It was fun while it lasted.

Oh, and when the Pearl Necklace of Gwalior comes on again, I'm going to have to ask someone to upload it for me as that is the only temple run that i have not seen (and i don't remember it from childhood). I'm not sure if anyone remembers, but back when that episode aired most recently, i fell asleep on it right before the temple run. :?

Offline The Green Monkey

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 26, 2006, 05:45:13 PM »
These are the only Temple Runs I haven't seen, and don't remember seeing back when I was young.

The Dead Man's Hand
John Henry's Lost Hammer
The Map to The Lost Gold Mine
The Lost Logbooks Of Magellan
The Paintbrush Of Leonardo Da Vinci
The Stone Marker Of Leif Erikson
The Silver Saddlehorn of Hannibal
The Golden Stallion Of Ali Baba
The Silver Cannonball of Grandy Nanny
The Lucky Medallion of Atojah
The Lost Love Letter to Captain John Smith
The Ivory Hunting Horn of Shahrazad
The Jeweled Necklace of Montezuma
The Missing Eye of David
The Golden Goblet of Atilla the Hun
The Bonnet of Dolley Madison
The Lion-Slashed Jacket Of Sacagawea
The Mummified Hand of the Egyptian King
The Dried Apple Half Of William Tell
The Bent Shaving Pan Of Jedediah Smith
The Enormous Feather Of Me Linh
The Dried Ear Of Corn Of Sojurner Truth
The Bifocal Monocle Of One Eyed Jack
The Melted Hand Of Madame Tussaud
The Lily Crested Crown Of Clovis the First
The Pearl Necklace of Gwalior
The Bullet Riddled Handbag of Bell Boyd

If there's anyone who can upload the Temple Runs, that would be super. :D

Offline juan833blue

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 26, 2006, 05:54:19 PM »
Quote from: ""The Green Monkey""
These are the only Temple Runs I haven't seen, and don't remember seeing back when I was young.

The Dead Man's Hand
John Henry's Lost Hammer
The Map to The Lost Gold Mine
The Lost Logbooks Of Magellan
The Paintbrush Of Leonardo Da Vinci
The Stone Marker Of Leif Erikson
The Silver Saddlehorn of Hannibal
The Golden Stallion Of Ali Baba
The Silver Cannonball of Grandy Nanny
The Lucky Medallion of Atojah
The Lost Love Letter to Captain John Smith
The Ivory Elephant of Shahrazad
The Jeweled Necklace of Montezuma
The Missing Eye of David
The Golden Goblet of Atilla the Hun
The Bonnet of Dolley Madison
The Lion-Slashed Jacket Of Sacagawea
The Mummified Hand of the Egyptian King
The Dried Apple Half Of William Tell
The Bent Shaving Pan Of Jedediah Smith
The Enormous Feather Of Me Linh
The Dried Ear Of Corn Of Sojurner Truth
The Bifocal Monocle Of One Eyed Jack
The Melted Hand Of Madame Tussaud
The Lily Crested Crown Of Clovis the First
The Pearl Necklace of Gwalior
The Bullet Riddled Handbag of Bell Boyd

If there's anyone who can upload the Temple Runs, that would be super. :D

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 27, 2006, 05:24:53 AM »
I never did anything for the Red Sash of Tokugawa Ieyasu

The Red Sash of Tokugawa Ieyasu - Good, just kida production error, like the whole Room of the Secret Password being open, the producers would never keep a door open, you should know that by now. Brandy & Quenton were fast, but I was rooting for Troy & Melody, those are actually like 2 of my favorite names. They would've had it without completely the Monkey & going straight to the Quicksand Bog.

Today was John Henry's Lost Hammer & The Bonnet of Dolly Madison, reviews later.

Offline PAK Man

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 27, 2006, 05:36:35 AM »
John Henry's Lost Hammer:
-Ugh! Do I really need to say anything about Kim? Let me just say that she belongs on the list of worst players in Legends history. She's only outranked on my list by the Cricket Cage people. Yes, Billy was a little slow at some points, but at least he tried to climb up the Spider's Lair net to the Room of the Golden Idols. You have to give him credit for that.

NOTES:
-This is the episode where the Green Monkeys are disqualified from the moat. If you look closely, you can see the girl was holding on to the board when she should have been paddling.

-Did the Silver Snakes think John Henry was a Yankee Dancer, or did I mishear them? Either way, what they said was definitely not Gandy Dancer.

-FOGG-UP: Kirk calls the Heart Room two different names; The Center of the Room, and The Shrine (?!)

-Notice Billy didn't press the actuator when he headed to the Tomb of the Ancient Kings. He just barged right in!

The Bonnet of Dolley Madison:
-An average episode. Matt was a pretty fast player, and he seemed to make up for his dead end in the Ledges by going pretty quickly through his remaining rooms. Too bad he got taken out in the King's Storeroom. Ashley was average, but her confusion cost the team their victory. At least she reached the artifact, but she tried going up to the King's Storeroom, which slowed her down greatly.

NOTES:
-That was one of the most bizarre Legends in the history of the show. "While Tiffany played airplane with the General's creamed corn?" Give me a break. Reminds me of The Great Linguini offering Catherine de'Medici advice.

-Poor Ashley just had bad luck throughout the episode. First, she gets all the wrong answers in the Steps of Knowledge, (although she redeemed herself in the second Temple Game) and then she got confused in The Dark Forest. I thought she was going to cry! And how about that nasty fall she took as she headed for the Temple?

-Was it me, or did Kirk say Von Boyage in the first Temple Game?

-Did anybody else see Kirk rocking back and forth right before Olmec announced the prizes?

-The King's Storeroom broken pot sound effect doesn't play when he shatters the second pot.

On a personal note, I have this episode recorded from its original broadcast in 1994, complete with the old commercials. Did you know Legends used to lead into Hey Dude?

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 27, 2006, 06:47:15 AM »
Quote from: ""PAK Man""
-Ugh! Do I really need to say anything about Kim? Let me just say that she belongs on the list of worst players in Legends history. She's only outranked on my list by the Cricket Cage people. Yes, Billy was a little slow at some points, but at least he tried to climb up the Spider's Lair net to the Room of the Golden Idols. You have to give him credit for that.

NOTES:
-This is the episode where the Green Monkeys are disqualified from the moat. If you look closely, you can see the girl was holding on to the board when she should have been paddling.

-Did the Silver Snakes think John Henry was a Yankee Dancer, or did I mishear them? Either way, what they said was definitely not Gandy Dancer.

-FOGG-UP: Kirk calls the Heart Room two different names; The Center of the Room, and The Shrine (?!)

-Notice Billy didn't press the actuator when he headed to the Tomb of the Ancient Kings. He just barged right in!

-An average episode. Matt was a pretty fast player, and he seemed to make up for his dead end in the Ledges by going pretty quickly through his remaining rooms. Too bad he got taken out in the King's Storeroom. Ashley was average, but her confusion cost the team their victory. At least she reached the artifact, but she tried going up to the King's Storeroom, which slowed her down greatly.

NOTES:
-That was one of the most bizarre Legends in the history of the show. "While Tiffany played airplane with the General's creamed corn?" Give me a break. Reminds me of The Great Linguini offering Catherine de'Medici advice.

-Poor Ashley just had bad luck throughout the episode. First, she gets all the wrong answers in the Steps of Knowledge, (although she redeemed herself in the second Temple Game) and then she got confused in The Dark Forest. I thought she was going to cry! And how about that nasty fall she took as she headed for the Temple?

-Did anybody else see Kirk rocking back and forth right before Olmec announced the prizes?

-The King's Storeroom broken pot sound effect doesn't play when he shatters the second pot.

On a personal note, I have this episode recorded from its original broadcast in 1994, complete with the old commercials. Did you know Legends used to lead into Hey Dude?

Haha, that & the whole "First Dolly Madison Hoedown", that totally made this episode great. Ashley's fall was nasty. I think that I have this on tape, but from a 97-98 rerun, then, Legends of the Hidden Temple led into GUTS.

Offline juan833blue

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 27, 2006, 07:12:21 AM »
Quote from: ""Olmec""
Quote from: ""PAK Man""

NOTES:

NOTES:

Haha, that & the whole "First Dolly Madison Hoedown", that totally made this episode great. Ashley's fall was nasty. I think that I have this on tape, but from a 97-98 rerun, then, Legends of the Hidden Temple led into GUTS.
The old commercials(parting gifts) in the Bonnet of Dolley Madison were:
The Return of Jafar videotape
Eastpak Backpacks
a $50 savings bond from Nestle Quik
Hard to believe that more than a decade has passed.

Offline sag_2006

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 27, 2006, 07:12:41 AM »
John Henry's Lost Hammer

Yet another example of why you should never send the slow-witted player to the Temple first.  Kim was very slow and clueless, and helplessly knocked on the doors in the Wall Climb instead of actually hitting the actuators.  Finally, she gets taken out in the Throne Room, but by then, it's far too late for Billy to do anything productive.  He actually does make it as far as the Throne Room, but due to Kim's slow-wittedness, time runs out.

The Bonnet of Dolly Madison

Both players were very smart, but one major moment of hesitation cost them victory.  It happens as the second player enters the Forest.  She completely stalls, and can't figure out where to put the key, trying all sorts of odd places.  When she finally discovers what to do, time is running short.  She grabs the bonnet, but that's all she can do before time runs out.  Again, two smart kids who didn't make a whole lot of mistakes.  It was just the Dark Forest hesitation that became their downfall.