Author Topic: Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick  (Read 125841 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Olmec

  • Ronin
  • Posts: 1880
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick
« Reply #450 on: August 24, 2006, 11:11:17 AM »
Quote from: ""The Purple Parrot""
Quote from: ""Olmec""
Second one, they had to climb up the shaft, Silver Snakes won.
They tied. :wink:


Oh yeah! I had like no time, because I had to tape 4 hours of Survivor & Project Runway (making 5 hours total), so I could only watch briefly.

Offline Olmec

  • Ronin
  • Posts: 1880
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick
« Reply #451 on: August 24, 2006, 04:15:56 PM »
The Medal of Sir Edmund Hilary - Yeah, pretty good. The Moat was kinda long, but still good. Legend was pretty good, the "Velocaraptor" is hilaious. Clean sweep Steps of Knowledge. Temple Games, pretty good. Nothing much to comment, but the Silver Snakes looked good for the Temple Run, & they were. Temple Run, pretty good. Danny had an extra 2 rooms, but made up for lost time. Tara was pretty good, but she had to take the worst route out of the Temple. Judging from my calculations, had she just stayed high, she could've gotten out with about 4 seconds left.

1st Blue Barracudas
2nd Red Jaguars
3rd Green Monkeys
4th Silver Snakes

1st Silver Snakes
2nd Red Jaguars

2 Pendants Silver Snakes
0 Pendants Red Jaguars

Offline juan833blue

  • Blue Barracuda
  • Posts: 195
    • View Profile
Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick
« Reply #452 on: August 25, 2006, 09:16:43 AM »
The first episode for 8/25/2006 was:
the Pendant of Kamehameha.

Offline juan833blue

  • Blue Barracuda
  • Posts: 195
    • View Profile
Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick
« Reply #453 on: August 25, 2006, 09:16:49 AM »
The first episode for 8/25/2006 was:
the Pendant of Kamehameha and I believe the second was the Red Sash of Tokagawa Leyasu.

Offline juan833blue

  • Blue Barracuda
  • Posts: 195
    • View Profile
Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick
« Reply #454 on: August 25, 2006, 09:17:00 AM »
The first episode for 8/25/2006 was:
The Pendant of Kamehameha
The Red Sash of Tokagawa Leyasu

Offline sag_2006

  • Blue Barracuda
  • Posts: 101
    • View Profile
Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick
« Reply #455 on: August 25, 2006, 09:17:38 AM »
The Pendant of King Kamehameha

Two smart players here, but unfortunately they had the bad luck of having only 1 pendant, and having their run abruptly end because of it.  The frontruner was extremely fast, but gets taken out less than 30 seconds in.  His partner, while not quite as fast, has good planning, and actually gets within one room of the artifact, but a Temple Guard emerges from the Dungeon (possibly, as one reviewer in the Nicklegends site review points out, due to either a door malfunction or a missed cue) and ends all hope.  Had the team had that extra pendant, they would've no doubt made it to the Pendant, and maybe gotten out with the victory.

Offline sag_2006

  • Blue Barracuda
  • Posts: 101
    • View Profile
Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick
« Reply #456 on: August 25, 2006, 09:18:11 AM »
DOUBLE POST.  Please ignore this post.

Offline juan833blue

  • Blue Barracuda
  • Posts: 195
    • View Profile
Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick
« Reply #457 on: August 25, 2006, 09:20:43 AM »
Quote from: ""sag_2006""
The Pendant of King Kamehameha

Two smart players here, but unfortunately they had the bad luck of having only 1 pendant, and having their run abruptly end because of it.  The frontruner was extremely fast, but gets taken out less than 30 seconds in.  His partner, while not quite as fast, has good planning, and actually gets within one room of the artifact, but a Temple Guard emerges from the Dungeon (possibly, as one reviewer in the Nicklegends site review points out, due to either a door malfunction or a missed cue) and ends all hope.  Had the team had that extra pendant, they would've no doubt made it to the Pendant, and maybe gotten out with the victory.

If Robbie had gone straight to the Heart Room rather than detouring through the Throne, he would have been taken out in the Dungeon, but Tina would have had a clear path to the Pendant in the Spider's Lair and it might have been a successful run.  All I can say is tsk, tsk.

Offline sag_2006

  • Blue Barracuda
  • Posts: 101
    • View Profile
Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick
« Reply #458 on: August 25, 2006, 09:28:04 AM »
The Red Sash of Tokagawa Leyasu

One wrong turn costs the team here.  After completing the Shrine objective, the frontrunner starts up to the Bog, but changes her mind and instead goes into the Room of the Secret Password, where a Temple Guard ends her run.  Her partner ends up making the same mistake, and then took the Passage to the Bog, where the third Guard emerged.  In short, had it not been for the frontrunner's detour, this could've ended successfully.

Offline juan833blue

  • Blue Barracuda
  • Posts: 195
    • View Profile
Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick
« Reply #459 on: August 25, 2006, 09:36:43 AM »
Quote from: ""sag_2006""
The Red Sash of Tokagawa Leyasu

One wrong turn costs the team here.  After completing the Shrine objective, the frontrunner starts up to the Bog, but changes her mind and instead goes into the Room of the Secret Password, where a Temple Guard ends her run.  Her partner ends up making the same mistake, and then took the Passage to the Bog, where the third Guard emerged.  In short, had it not been for the frontrunner's detour, this could've ended successfully.

If Brandy had gone straight to the Quicksand Bog, she would have been taken from the temple, but Quentin would have had a clear path to the Sash if he went straight to the Bog from the shrine and it also would have been a win, too bad it did not happen as this was a lengthy and tough layout.

Offline The Purple Parrot

  • Green Monkey
  • Posts: 831
    • View Profile
Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick
« Reply #460 on: August 25, 2006, 10:43:25 AM »
The Pendant of Kahmehameha -
Pretty regular episode up until the temple. I actually think this is one of the first season's most exciting temple runs. Robbie goes in at a blazing speed. I think he only spent like 18 seconds in the temple before being removed in the Heart Room. Tina took a detour from Robbie's path up into the Room of the Three Gargoyles (which could've been soooooo costly) then in the pit, she got back on Robbie's track and went up into the Heart Room via the Throne Room. She was a little hesitant before putting the monkey together but she got it done. She spun the wheel in the Pirate's Cove and climbed down into the Dungeon. she busts through the wall and begins to open the coffin to find the key, but a temple gaurd kinda just slips into the Tomg of the Ancient Kings from the busted Dungeon Wall to end the run. Robbie looked upset, Kirk had no idea what was going on..... Kirk was getting so riled up in this temple run. Anyways, Tina comes back over to Kirk and he says that they still get the remote control cars (woooo).... There was such an awkward silence followed by an "Awwwwwwwwwww" when everybody finally realized what happened. Tough luck... they would've won if they would've had that other pendant, or as it was pointed out already, if Robbie had gone straight into the Heart Room rather than the Throne Room where he met a temple gaurd.

The Red Sash of Tokugawa Ieyasu (sp?... too lazy to check) -
Another pretty average episode. Temple games came down to Red vs Blue (which i don't think happened very often after season 1). Blue won 2 pendants so they went to the temple. Brandy went in first and she made great time. She even grabbed the rope in the Pit of the Pendulum. When she gets into the Shrine of the Silver Monkey, you can clearly see that the door to the Room of the Secret Password is already opened.... weird.. She assembles the monkey anyway and the door to the Quicksand Bog opens. She was about to take it, but changed her mind and went into the Room of the Secret Password where she met her second temple gaurd. Quinton ran in and took over where Brandy left off. However, he didn't really make up anytime because he went into the Room of the Secret Password as well. He met the final temple gaurd in the Quicksand Bog (Brandy would've been removed no matter what path she chose). Quinton made fast work of the Dark Forest and the Jester's Court but now there's only 4 seconds left!
He's in the room!... but time runs out. Awwwww, close but no cigar. There were so many things they could've/should've done differently and this would've been a win. Oh well.

EDIT: I would've liked to see Brandy just skip completing the monkey and go right into the Room of the Secret Password. :P

Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick
« Reply #461 on: August 25, 2006, 11:04:07 AM »
Quote from: ""The Purple Parrot""
EDIT: I would've liked to see Brandy just skip completing the monkey and go right into the Room of the Secret Password. :P


thats probably why it was open. so that the player would just skip the objective and run into the temple guard but unfortunatly brandy both compleated the objective and ran into the secret password

Offline juan833blue

  • Blue Barracuda
  • Posts: 195
    • View Profile
Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick
« Reply #462 on: August 25, 2006, 11:08:49 AM »
The Barracudas would have easily reached the red sash and had a victory by simply avoiding the Room of the Secret Password altogether, oh, well.

Offline juan833blue

  • Blue Barracuda
  • Posts: 195
    • View Profile
Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick
« Reply #463 on: August 25, 2006, 11:11:23 AM »
Quote from: ""The Purple Parrot""
The Pendant of Kahmehameha -
Pretty regular episode up until the temple. I actually think this is one of the first season's most exciting temple runs. Robbie goes in at a blazing speed. I think he only spent like 18 seconds in the temple before being removed in the Heart Room. Tina took a detour from Robbie's path up into the Room of the Three Gargoyles (which could've been soooooo costly) then in the pit, she got back on Robbie's track and went up into the Heart Room via the Throne Room. She was a little hesitant before putting the monkey together but she got it done. She spun the wheel in the Pirate's Cove and climbed down into the Dungeon. she busts through the wall and begins to open the coffin to find the key, but a temple gaurd kinda just slips into the Tomg of the Ancient Kings from the busted Dungeon Wall to end the run. Robbie looked upset, Kirk had no idea what was going on..... Kirk was getting so riled up in this temple run. Anyways, Tina comes back over to Kirk and he says that they still get the remote control cars (woooo).... There was such an awkward silence followed by an "Awwwwwwwwwww" when everybody finally realized what happened. Tough luck... they would've won if they would've had that other pendant, or as it was pointed out already, if Robbie had gone straight into the Heart Room rather than the Throne Room where he met a temple gaurd.  This would have been a solo win if Robbie had gone straight to the Observatory from the Pit.

The Red Sash of Tokugawa Ieyasu (sp?... too lazy to check) -
Another pretty average episode. Temple games came down to Red vs Blue (which i don't think happened very often after season 1). Blue won 2 pendants so they went to the temple. Brandy went in first and she made great time. She even grabbed the rope in the Pit of the Pendulum. When she gets into the Shrine of the Silver Monkey, you can clearly see that the door to the Room of the Secret Password is already opened.... weird.. She assembles the monkey anyway and the door to the Quicksand Bog opens. She was about to take it, but changed her mind and went into the Room of the Secret Password where she met her second temple gaurd. Quinton ran in and took over where Brandy left off. However, he didn't really make up anytime because he went into the Room of the Secret Password as well. He met the final temple gaurd in the Quicksand Bog (Brandy would've been removed no matter what path she chose). Quinton made fast work of the Dark Forest and the Jester's Court but now there's only 4 seconds left!
He's in the room!... but time runs out. Awwwww, close but no cigar. There were so many things they could've/should've done differently and this would've been a win. Oh well.

EDIT: I would've liked to see Brandy just skip completing the monkey and go right into the Room of the Secret Password. :P

Offline The Green Monkey

  • Blue Barracuda
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile
Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick
« Reply #464 on: August 25, 2006, 11:11:38 AM »
For the Pendant temple run, I noticed when Tina was in the Observatory, after she spun the sundial, the bars went up on both sides of the room, meaning both doors opened, so it surely would've been a solo victory if Robbie had headed straight up there from the Pit of Dispair.