Author Topic: Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick  (Read 129400 times)

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2006, 01:14:03 PM »
Haha, the Red Jaguars & Purple Parrots got pissed in the beginning of the Steps of Knowledge (in the Map to the Lost Gold Mine [John Sutter &]). After the Purple Parrots girl blew it by answering "Cape Crusader", you can hear the boy whispering something to himself along the lines of "it's OK, it's OK"

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2006, 01:26:07 PM »
OK, The Map to the Lost Gold Mine (John Sutter &) is really freaking me out. I forgot to look for the miscounting in the first Temple Game, but don't know what you're talking about for the second. Which team had a 3rd bag? I saw a bag drop from the ground in the Blue's shaft, but I don't know if it fell from the top, or dropped from her hand. So, I thought it really was 2 & 2. But in the third game, you can see the Throne Room. On the left hand rest, leaning on the ladder, you can see a stick with a black feather on top of the stick, which is in the middle of the ladder. By left, I mean if you're sitting in the Throne of the Pretender & are looking out of the Temple. Was that an artifact that was like cut from the show? I thought it was a flag on "The Golden Ship of Elizabeth I", but the ship was not there. Weird stuff.

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2006, 01:40:28 PM »
32 seconds for the Purple Parrots
68 seconds for Red Jaguars
118 seconds for the Green Monkeys

Haha, that's the moat things for the Silver Saddlehorn of Hannibal, after the Orange Iguanas banged the gong. I was bored haha.

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2006, 04:22:11 PM »
Without a doubt, Kirk miscounted he first Temple Game. The second game wasn't miscounted (by the way, the bag fell from her hand). I have no clue what that black feathery thing is yet, anyone know?

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2006, 08:09:04 PM »
Okay, I guess I'll fix it on my site. I'm not sure what I was watching when I made that comment.

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2006, 05:08:45 AM »
Robin Hood & Marian's Silk Ladder
The Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid

I <3 Billy the Kid. My first epsiode of season 2. The Blue Barracudas cracked me up in the Steps of Knowledge in Robin Hood.

Olmec: What was the title of Robin Hood's enemy?

Blue Guy: Um... Robin Hood & Marian's Silk Ladder!

Olmec: That is not one of the three choices!

Silver Guy: The Sheriff of Noddingham!

Olmec: That is correct!

~~~

Olmec: What kind of skills the Robin Hood & the Merry Men practice?

Blue Guy: Um... Bow & Arrow skills!

Olmec: That incorrect!

Purple Guy: Archery!

Olmec: That is correct!

By the way, they only needed to pass through 5 rooms to get to the artifact, only things they had to do were: Crawl, Spin on the Wheel, Sit on the Throne of the Pretender, Hit an Actuator, & Hit another Actuator. Almost as easy as "The Mask of Shaka Zulu" & "The Jeweled Scabbard of Sfroza". Sheesh!

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2006, 05:14:09 AM »
Robin Hood & Marian's Ladder
The Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid <333333

Lots of notes on these episodes:
First, i have to say that Robin Hood & Marian's Ladder has to be one of the easiest temple layouts they'ver ever had (could've been an easy Purple Parrots win :cry: ) Also, the kids are extremely.... stupid... during the steps of knowledge an the Purple Parrots are constantly flailing their arms around in frustration when they don't get to answer the questions. Overall, i would say this is a good episode despite the simple temple... it's good to see the kids win even if it was practically given to them.

The Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid is possibly one of my favorite episodes. It's total Purple Parrots domination! They were first in the moat, they got the first three questions in the steps, 2 pendants in the temple games, and they win with 5 seconds left! This temple layout wasn't particularly difficult either, but IMO, this is a nailbiter, esepcially when Tony climbs down into the pit in the ledges while trying to escape the temple. They were an excitable team and Kirk seemed to have a lot of energy in this episode too! It's just an all around good episode. <333333333

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2006, 07:33:20 AM »
Yeah, Snakeskin Boots has a special place in my heart, the Steps of Knowledge was stupid for Robin Hood & Marian's Silk Ladder, but hilarious.

Offline sag_2006

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2006, 09:15:43 AM »
2 exciting wins highlight today's Legends doubleheader.  As mentioned, the first episode sees one of the most hilarious Steps rounds in history, and in #2, we get to see one of the best Purple Parrots teams in the show's run.  Good stuff today.

EDIT: I just realized both items today were located in the Shrine.  Interesting

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2006, 10:48:45 AM »
Something i forgot to mention about the Boots episode. I believe that it was the first episode of season 2 that AIRED. Why do i believe this? Well, i just remember it... like from when i was 7. I remember advertisements for the new season and i taped it and i thought "wow, everything looks so much cooler!" I also remember thinking how cool it was that the purple parrots and the green monkeys were in the temple games together (something that never happened in season 1) and that the purple parrots won (again, something that never happened in season 1... and almost practically never happened anyway). Also, it makes sense that this would be the first episode of the season that aired... It had an unusual outcome because ofthe Purple Parrots winning. Also, at that point, the Green Monkeys were considered "the other loser team" (although more highly regarded than the Purple Parrots). :P

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2006, 12:53:24 PM »
You could very well be right, The Purple Parrot. For some reason, that episode does ring a bell faintly...

« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2006, 04:09:37 PM »
one of (in my opinion) the best moments in the show is when the kid almost gets in the mine shaft and changes his mind and heads up the ladder to the shrine and it works

Offline sag_2006

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2006, 04:41:28 PM »
One more thing I just noticed after watching the first episode:  When the backrunner was exiting through the Gong Room, Kirk said he had to "Gong the gong".  2 things there: First, I think he meant to say ring the gong, and second, the kid didn't have to do anything because he had the ladder and all the doors were open, so he could just run out.  Based on those two factors, I hereby declare a Fogg-Up on that Temple Run.

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2006, 05:02:33 PM »
Ok, so after watching the Boots episode for like the 4th time today... it seems to me that the temple run has one of those weird Kirk voiceover commentarys in it.... Ya kno, similar to the Lucky Pillow and the Iron Nose Ring episode.... i dunno... maybe it's just me?

One more: the audience goes absolutely nuts in this episode. I love when the audience is very interactive (The Dragon Lady and The Blue Pearl & The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor episodes come to mind). This is something that the third season lacked in that they barely ever had audiences and when they did, there was automatic applause and cheers anyway.

Offline mikeofnash

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2006, 05:04:06 PM »
^Yeah, 'twas definitely a voiceover.