Author Topic: Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick  (Read 125905 times)

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick
« Reply #435 on: August 23, 2006, 01:26:14 PM »
Quote from: ""PAK Man""
Damian from The Lost Whalebone of Pythias

Hey now, I don't think he's quite in that category, he just wasn't fast enough.  Besides, Brittany wasn't exactly Speedy Gonzales herself. :roll:    But that's another discussion, another time.

I still haven't seen the Golden Cricket Cage.  Something tells me it is the Legends equivalent of watching a cadaver being sawed open.

I remember the Dried Ear of Corn from when it first aired, and was disappointed that they came so close but blew it.  Oh well.  Not to slight the accomplishments of Sojourner Truth, but even as a kid I thought that basing an episode around her was lame.

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 23, 2006, 01:59:49 PM »
The Golden Cricket Cage of Kahn -
Not worthy of an episode summary from me. Definitely the worst temple run of the entire series. Purple Parrots got to the temple games but they did lose fair and square so i can't be bitter.... sucks.

The Dried Ear of Corn of Sojourner Truth -
Why didn't they just name this episode "The Lost Whalebone of Pythias 2"? It's basically the same except with a different temple run. Eddie made good progress in the temple and got taken out by a cool temple gaurd grabbing in the Room of the Ancient Warriors. Tess ran in at a slower pace, but made it to where Eddie left off. She wastes some time by getting in a suit of armor while the door is already opened. She eventually makes it to the Dark Forest, just one room away. She tries the first tree and finds nothing. She tries the second tree and she encounters a temple spirit. She seems really frazzled by the temple spirit and takes up a lot of time putting her pendant in the tree and getting the key out. Then it takes her some time finding the right keyhole. Time is ticking down, as she opens the door to the Jester's Court where the Corn is. She runs and grabs the Corn! Did she make it in time!?!? NO! Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, if only she would've had like 3 more seconds, she would've gotten to it in time. Tough luck.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 23, 2006, 02:33:47 PM »
I still haven't seen the Golden Cricket Cage.
Believe it or not I haven't seen it either.

Offline The Green Monkey

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 23, 2006, 03:08:15 PM »
I just missed the first part of the moat the one time I saw the Golden Cricket Cage.

In all terms, the episode in general was pretty good, up until the Temple Run. The teams were good at the moat, the Steps were alright (Apart from one question where two teams answered with the same answer), and it was competitive between Purple and Silver in the Temple Games. Both teams looked good, and I was expecting quite a bit in the Temple Run. :(

Three words describe it: terrible, terrible, and terrible. Oh, did I mention terrible? :p I bet their only plan was to go straight to the Spider's Lair along the bottom floor, and no alternate plan. :roll: Morons.

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 23, 2006, 03:14:56 PM »
I missed the Golden Cricket Cage (Thank God!), but if Tess didn't stall in the the Dark Forest, she could've gotten to the corn.

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline juan833blue

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 23, 2006, 03:42:51 PM »
This shows how scary the dreaded temple guards are, and the dried ear of corn episode showed why in the Dark Forest, you can not be lost with little time left.  Poor Tess, if she was not distracted by that temple spirit, she would've reached the corn and maybe a successful run was in the cards, oh well.

Offline The Mandarin Hand

• Green Monkey
  • Benzibab.
    • View Profile
    • Truncated Power Rangers
« Reply #441 on: August 24, 2006, 03:40:20 AM »
Note during the credits of the Golden Cricket Cage of Khan.

The door in the Room of the Golden Idols to the Heart Room is open, but - as you may recall - the door in the Heart Room didn't open.  Hence, this was a production error.  Granted, being borderline retarded probably would have prevented Tia from ever reaching the artifact.

Also, I think John was on Get the Picture also.  GAS loves to show this one with this really stupid kid on the yellow team that answers the most ridiculous answers (and is also a goony kid with glasses).  I wonder if they are one in the same.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #442 on: August 24, 2006, 03:58:14 AM »
Quote from: ""Renegade Pancake""
Note during the credits of the Golden Cricket Cage of Khan.

The door in the Room of the Golden Idols to the Heart Room is open, but - as you may recall - the door in the Heart Room didn't open.  Hence, this was a production error.  Granted, being borderline retarded probably would have prevented Tia from ever reaching the artifact.

Also, I think John was on Get the Picture also.  GAS loves to show this one with this really stupid kid on the yellow team that answers the most ridiculous answers (and is also a goony kid with glasses).  I wonder if they are one in the same.

Not necessarily. I think the crew opens up a number of the doors after runs a temple guard doesn't end, for easy access out of the temple. I can't say this happened every episode, but I have seen contestants walk back through a number of rooms once the run has ended during the credits.

Offline The Mandarin Hand

• Green Monkey
  • Benzibab.
    • View Profile
    • Truncated Power Rangers
« Reply #443 on: August 24, 2006, 04:38:47 AM »

The Medal of Sir Edmund Hillary
The Crown of Queen Nzinga

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 24, 2006, 05:28:30 AM »
The Medal of Sir Edmund Hilary -
I actually really really like this episode which is surprising especially since the Purple Parrots don't make it past the moat and it's season 1. However, it includes some exciting stuff. I personally LOVE the steps in this episode for the following reason:
Olmec: Which is the following legendary creatures did Hilary also set out to find? The Jaberwock, The Abominable Snowman, or the Veloca Raptor.
*Blue Baracudas ring in*
Baracuda Girl: Veloca rap....
Olmec: That is incorrect!
Crack's me up every time. Ayways, it came down to the Red Jaguars (or should i say Jagwires? Kirk was saying that a lot this episode) and the Silver Snakes. The Silver Snakes shut'em out, but these were pretty exciting games over all. Temple time. Danny goes in first. The artifact is located in the Room of the Three Torches and they start on the upper floor, but Danny meets a temple gaurd in the first room. He runs across the Troubled Bridge and the door is locked. He goes back down through the Cave and the Wheel Room. Then he sits on the throne in the Throne Room, tries the door to the Holes of Python, but it's locked so he heads upto the Heart Room where he's removed from the temple. Tara runs in and she starts off well by heading right into the Cave instead of going up. She's moving at a quick pace and she's making up time. She gets to the Treasure Room, passes through there without trying the treasure chest, and starts to assemble the monkey in the shrine. She has a little trouble (which i blame on Kirk... you'll know what i mean when you see the episode). She gets the monkey together and the door to the Room of the Three Torches doesn't open so she is forced to go down into the Well. Time is now running out and the well is going as slow as ever. She gets out at the top and grabs the Medal (which Kirk started calling it a pendant). She has 20 second to get out! SHE'S MOVING FAST! It looks good! However, she takes an unexpected turn and climbs from the Observatory down to the Throne Room. Time runs out as she is entering the Wheel Room. :( They could've won had the team started on the downward path, or if Tara would've just gone across the top on her way out, obviously.

The Crown of Queen Nzinga -
This episode is average in every sense of the word, but the temple run is not. I guess it includes a rare Jaguars vs Parrots temple games sequence... of course the Parrots lose... *bitter* and the artifact is in the Lightning Room. The temple run is pretty unexciting. Ben runs in first and meets consecutive temple gaurds in the Laser Light Room and the Swamp. Renee doesn't have much better luck as she passes the half pendant in the Swamp (which we never see) and meets a temple spirit in the Dark Forest which ends the run.

NOTES: This is the only time a temple spirit ends a run and this is the only time an artifact is hidden in the Lightning Room. My theory for the temple gaurd being in the stage-left tree (the tree not near the breakable wall) is that the breakable wall would not break down (because it would've been easier to break the wall and take the elevator than to go up into the Shrine)..... Wow... i can't believe i just said "it would've been easier to take the elevator....

Offline juan833blue

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 24, 2006, 05:50:51 AM »
Some notes on the two episodes:
on the first episode if the frontrunner had started in the cave, he would have been taken out in the shrine, but Tara would have had a clear path to the shrine, but then she would have riden the well up into the torch room where the medal was.  A full 20-25 seconds would have been saved if the team had started in the cave.  Oh, well.  But, it was a very tricky layout for the door to the torch room did not open from the shrine which forced the second runner to use the well elevator upwards, and it forced the team to go through 8 rooms before getting the medal, quite an accomplishment.

In the Crown of Queen Nzinga episode, this was a dissapointing temple run for that the temple guards were placed in three consecutive rooms, the laser light room, the swamp and the dark forest where the temple run ended.  If Renee had found the other half pendant, they would have easily reached the crown and it may have been a win, too bad.

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
« Reply #446 on: August 24, 2006, 06:03:50 AM »
Quote from: ""juan833blue""
Some notes on the two episodes:
on the first episode if the frontrunner had started in the cave, he would have been taken out in the shrine, but Tara would have had a clear path to the shrine, but then she would have riden the well up into the torch room where the medal was.  A full 20-25 seconds would have been saved if the team had started in the cave.  Oh, well.  But, it was a very tricky layout and it forced the team to go through 9 rooms before getting the medal, quite an accomplishment.

In the Crown of Queen Nzinga episode, this was a dissapointing temple run for that the temple guards were placed in three consecutive rooms, the laser light room, the swamp and the dark forest where the temple run ended.  If Renee had found the other half pendant, they would have easily reached the crown and it may have been a win, too bad.

It wasn't that tricky, & they only had to go through 7 rooms, they just added an additional 2.

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
« Reply #447 on: August 24, 2006, 06:12:07 AM »
The Golden Cricket Cage of Khan - Solid Moat, long though. Legend & Steps of Knowledge were pretty good. The Temple Games. First one, they had to crawl through the tube. Purple Parrots pwnage. Second one, they had to climb up the shaft, Silver Snakes won. Third Temple Game, crawl on the soapy thing while attached to bungee cords to transport spice bags, Silver Snakes won. Temple Run, pathetic. 4 rooms in a full 3 minutes. I let my parents see this one, my mom though Tia was gonna get them the Space Camp. She changed her mind soon after. When Tia was climbing up the Wall Cimb to the Heart Room with about 10 seconds left, my dad was like "Oh yeah, that's smart, Tia. Climb up into that room, you don't know what up there, since you only stuck your head out of there a minute ago!"

The Dried Ear of Corn of Sojourner Truth - Good Moat & Legend. Soldier of Truth, haha funny. Green Monkeys got a sweep, Orange Iguanas (or whatever the other team was) got 2 questiosn right, Blue Barracudas got one, Orange Iguanas got one. Temple Games, didn't really watch, but a lot of Lost Whalebone of Pythias-ness. Temple Run, Eddie was pretty good, got distracted in the Chamber of the Sacred Markers, though. Tess was slower, but still fairly good. Temple Guard in the Dark Forest, she found the key after that, but couldn't find the correct door. On her fourth try, she got the door, but entered the room just as time ran out. As Eddie said "one more second & she would've gotten it". I don't think she was distracted by the Temple Guard at all haha.

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 24, 2006, 07:59:26 AM »
Quote from: ""Olmec""
Second one, they had to climb up the shaft, Silver Snakes won.

They tied. :wink:

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 24, 2006, 08:19:10 AM »
Yeah, theres a YouTube video that shows that temple game (and the 3rd temple game). But I'm too lazy to bring it up lol