Author Topic: Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick  (Read 143846 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick
« Reply #330 on: August 11, 2006, 02:45:03 PM »
I like the Blue Pearl one but the Cracked Crown one was like...eh nothing special.

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
« Reply #331 on: August 11, 2006, 05:52:59 PM »
The Missing Weathermaps of Charles Lindbergh - Average, ugh she could've gotten it, too. I think I have this on tape from a 97-98 rerun.

The Treasure of Ann Bonney - Pretty good. Should've reversed the order of players, they would've won easily. Ron is stupid.

The Cracked Crown of the Spanish King - One of the more "forgettable" episodes, mehh.

The Blue Pearl (The Dragon Lady &) - One of the most exciting Temple Runs of the first season, & the whole series. Albert moved too slow. He picked up at the Shrine of the Silver Monkey, but it was way too late. Jennifer should learn to crawl, honestly.

SIDE NOTE: For some reason, I always think of these 3 episodes together: The Lost Love Letter of Captain John Smith, The Two-Cornered Hat of Napoleon, & The Missing Weathermaps of Charles Lindbergh. Perhaps, they're all Red Jaguar Temple Runs, all who beat Orange Iguanas in the Temple Games. Just wanted to mention that. I kinda get them all confused, even though they were 3 different layouts (2, 3, & 5) & 3 different outcomes (Caught by Temple Guards, Couldn't Get Out, & Time Ran Out)

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 12, 2006, 05:23:16 AM »
The Lilly-Crested Crown of Clovis I -
I think this is a pretty good episode. The moat crossing is good. The Steps are pretty good as well. The temple games include close competition between the Orange Iguanas and the Purple Parrots (However, Parrots fans, don't get your hopes up... the Purple Parrots have NEVER beaten the Orange Iguanas in the temple games). Kirk makes a mistake at the end of the temple games and says that the score was 2 to 1 when it was actually 2 to 1 & 1/2. So, the Iguanas defeat my beloved Parrots yet again. Katie volunteers to go first and she makes good time and makes no mistakes up until she goes into the Chamber of the Sacred Markers. A temple gaurd startles her and she seems to be having a hard time finding the hidden markers. She even has to feel the walls to find the final marker. So, things have turned around and suddenly aren't going so well. It's a shame because she really was doing a great job. She made it to the Shrine of the Silver Monkey with like a minute left when she was captured by her second temple gaurd. Judge ran in to pick up where Katie left off and he did the team no favors. The Pit-Chamber door was open but he didn't take it. He went upto the King's Storeroom and started running back and forth... Did he not pay attention to the path that Katie took or what? Anyways, he finally makes it to the Shrine but can't put the monkey together beforetime runs out. Obviously they could've had a chance if Katie would've found that final marker in the Chamber or if Judge wasn't so indecisive.... I was rooting for the Parrots...

The Paintbrush of Leonardo DaVinci -
This is an ok season 1 episode. The moat is TERRIBLY editted. Like... really bad, i'm not even joking. The Steps of Knowledge are actually the staple of this episode. They result in a 4-way tie on the final step (with no wrong answers along the way). Blue and Orange were the teams that came out on top (i'm not sure but this has to be one of the temple games combinations that happened the least). In the end it was Orange that won the games. There was a question on this forum about the origination of the phrase "temple run". Well, Kirk says it in this episode. :P  So it's time for the temple run. Katie (two Orange Iguana Katies today) goes in first and goes into the Swamp where a temple gaurd freaks her out and she launches her pendant at him and he catches it. So, the Tomb doors which would've lead to the paint brush were locked. She tries going upto the Treasure Room. That door is locked too. I really wanna know why they NEVER (cept for once) utilized this door in the frst season. It woulda made for some interesting layouts. Anyways, she is forced to go upto the Observatory where another temple gaurd is waiting. Roberto decides to do something differently than his partner. He ran upto the Room of the Three Gargoyles instead of the Cave of Size in an attempt to go into the Observatory from there... I think... But he was forced down to the Cave and he didn't make much more progress after that before time ran out. Tough luck, impossible layout... So impossible that they decided to use it again in "The Stone Marker of Leif Erikson" episode.... idiots.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 12, 2006, 06:22:39 AM »
(However, Parrots fans, don't get your hopes up... the Purple Parrots have NEVER beaten the Orange Iguanas in the temple games).
Perhaps maybe I should add that ep to the list of episodes I was thinking of doing over. (Ya know, like fanfics).

Offline PAK Man

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 13, 2006, 09:12:37 AM »
Today's Episodes:

-Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
The first episode of Legends to air on Nickelodeon. This was a very exciting episode, especially with the one-second victory. This is also the only episode where an artifact is retrieved from the Holes of Python. Notice at the beginning of the episode, Olmec calles the room the Treacherous Holes of Python.

-The Royal Torque of Queen Boadicia
Despite the fact it wasn't a victory, this was one of the most exciting losses of season three. Nate made a smart move by heading up from the Tomb of the Headless Kings instead of going through the Pit. If only he'd been a little faster, he just might have gotten out.

Offline The Green Monkey

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 13, 2006, 09:37:40 AM »
I saw these episodes on the same day back on Easter, so I remember them. I remember for the Headdress episode, it was very competitive for the first part, and Green dominated Red in the Temple Games. Man, when David was heading through the Wheel Room with, like, 15 seconds left, I had my doubts. But he practically dropped down from the Cave of Size down to the ground and managed to beat the clock! :) While I thought Lissy did pretty well, if she had climbed back up the Pit with the wall in the middle where the step is instead of climbing up the left side where the ledge was in the way, Nate may have had a better chance to get the torque out.

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 13, 2006, 10:27:40 AM »
Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress - What's this?  A 1st season temple run I actually like?  Great one-second victory, by one of the few season 1 kids who really knew what he was doing in the temple.

The Royal Torque of Boadicea - One of the best losses in the history of the show.  The Pit of the Pendulum seemed to slow down a lot of teams, this being an example.  If Lissy had been able to swing back, this would have been a win, no question.  And Nate would have run out of time anyway if he had tried to go through the Ledges.

Offline sag_2006

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 13, 2006, 01:39:15 PM »
Lawrance of Arabia's Headdress

The first episode Nick ever aired, and they picked a dandy for its premiere.  The first "buzzer-beater" in Legends history, and one of the most famous Runs of all-time.

The Royal Torque of Boadicea

While no team ever recorded a win from the Tomb, this was the closest ever to a victory.  Both players were fast and relatively smart, but just didn't have the luck they needed to get the job done.

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 14, 2006, 05:53:24 AM »
The Enormous Feather of the Me Ling (sp?) -
This was overall an exciting episode even if the temple run was one of the most frustrating in the show's history. The moat included a quick but close race. The steps were also exciting as the Orange Iguanas were trailing and then they come from behind to move on the the next round. This also includes a pretty funny Olmec moment. The question was something about the speed of the Me Ling and the Purple Parrot rings in and says "really really fast!" and Olmec replies "That is really really correct!" So, the temple gmes are Orange Iguanas vs Purple Parrots.... Now if any of you have been following my episode summaries, you will know that Purple has never beaten Orange in the temple games and they've only won one tie breaker. This temple games segment came down to the tie breaker and the Orange defeated the Purple once again. It's Temple time, David goes in first. He's moving at a great speed. He makes it to the Dark Forest before getting removed from the temple by a temple spirit. Karissa runs in... and she seems to be moving fast... Then she starts hesitating... in like EVERY ROOM. The worst of it is when she gets to the Quicksand Bog... She just stands there and shrugs! HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO IN THE QUICKSAND BOG!?!?... YOU JUST HIT THE FREAKIN BUTTONS! So, she starts climbing the ladder and then she stops on the ladder and starts shrugging there too. Eventually she goes into the Shrine and assmebles the monkey at an average pace. It looks like she could make it to the King's Storeroom in time, but she meets some bad luck in the Room of the Ancient Warriors and the last suit of armor she tries opens the door. She SLOWLY makes her way upto the King's Storeroom. Kirk is getting increasingly frustrated with her. She grabs the Feather! You would think she would try to speed up but she does no such thing and runs out of time in the Pit.... I've said it before, i'll say it again: I was rooting for the Parrots. :?

NOTES: Lots of notes for this episode. The Jester's Court lights never turned off after the objective was completed. When Karissa bashes through the wall to the Quicksand Bog there is no wall-breaking sound effect. The Quicksand Bog room lights were off... maybe that added to Karissa's confusion?... I dunno. This is the only time an artifact in the King's Storeroom (season 3) was reached. That could also have something to do with there were only like 3 or 4 artifacts hidden there in season 3. Also, this is the only time an artifact in the top of the central shaft room was reached but not brought out of the temple (including all versions of the Observatory).

The Leopard-Skinned Cloak of Annie Oakley - <33333
PURPLE PARROTS DOMINATION!!!!! *evil laugh* Anyways, this episode includes one of my favorite moat crossings. I dunno, i just like the ones where they hav to crawl through the hanging innertubes. Anyways, the steps are pretty comical because the Green Monkey boy was just guessing any old answer. It ended up being the Blue Baracudas vs the Purple Parrots. Then the Parrots absolutely smashed the Baracudas in the games: 2-0. It's temple time. Chandra goes in first and she moves at a decent pace. She meets a temple gaurd in the Laser Light room and the temple gaurd drops her pendant and searches the floor for it before exitting the room. Chandra continues to make her way across the bottom floor all the way to the Mineshaft and she takes the elevator upto the Room of the Secret Password. She shouts out "Long Live Olmec!" twice before the door opens. She assembles the monkey in the Shrine and goes into the King's Storeroom where a second temple gaurd removes her. Nick runs in and follows Chandra's path. When he gets to the Dark Forest, you can see that the door to the Shrine is open but he doesn't take it. He goes into the Mineshaft as Chandra runs by the screen on her way back to Kirk. The elevator is not back down yet, so he takes the ladder to the Shrine. He enters the King's Storeroom with 10 seconds left. He finds the key and sticks it into one ofthe columns holding the railing together as time runs out... Tough luck, hard layout (as are any layouts including center of the temple artifacts). They did a really good job and it was a pretty exciting loss, IMO. However, if Chandra had not taken the elevator, this team would have won. Damn elevator.

NOTES: This is the first and only time that the Room of the Secret Password objective was completed in season 2. Kirk butchers the room's name too. Also, when Chandra starts the run through the Crypt, Kirk says "She has to pull a book from a dead skeleton."... seems a bit redundant as skeletons are already dead... I have to say, the artifact was pretty lame, IMO. It had absolutely nothing to do with Annie Oakley and it seems to be one of those artifacts where the production people were like "We have this cloak.... what story can we put it together with?"

PS, Chandra is cuter than the Kelly as well. :P

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
The Leopard-Skin Cloak of Annie Oakley Advanced Statistics
« Reply #339 on: August 14, 2006, 05:41:00 PM »
1st Purple Parrots
2nd Blue Barracudas
3rd Green Monkeys
4th Silver Snakes

1st Purple Parrots
2nd Blue Barracudas

Purple Parrots 2 Pendants
Blue Barracudas 0 Pendants

Offline SSTwinrova

• New Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 14, 2006, 07:07:31 PM »
Purple Parrot, just want to let you know that I enjoy reading your episode recaps to see if someone else picked up on the things I did or also to see if there was anything I missed (aside from just the general review factor). As for the first episode today, my guess is that it's spelled "Mi Ling" or something like that, but that's just based on how other similar words I know from Asian languages are spelled.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 15, 2006, 06:17:01 AM »
1st Purple Parrots
2nd Blue Barracudas
3rd Green Monkeys
4th Silver Snakes

1st Purple Parrots
2nd Blue Barracudas

Wow, 1st in the moat, 1st in the steps of knowledge, won all 3 temple games...thats one heck of a strong team.

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 15, 2006, 08:36:57 AM »
1st Purple Parrots
2nd Blue Barracudas
3rd Green Monkeys
4th Silver Snakes

1st Purple Parrots
2nd Blue Barracudas

Wow, 1st in the moat, 1st in the steps of knowledge, won all 3 temple games...thats one heck of a strong team.

Yeah, and they got one room away from a center of the temple artifact. If they had gotten an easier layout, there would have been another Purple Parrots victory in the history books.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 15, 2006, 08:46:35 AM »
Yeah, and if that temple guard didn't capture the frontrunner in the Kings Storeroom, it would have been a successfull solo run.

Offline The Green Monkey

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 15, 2006, 09:03:05 AM »
Or if Chandra had entered the temple through the Ledges, she may have run into a Temple Guard there, and then one in the Laser Light Room, so she would've been taken out quickly and left Nick plenty of time to get to the cloak.