Author Topic: Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick  (Read 125967 times)

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick
« Reply #1155 on: January 01, 2007, 09:05:11 AM »
Quote from: ""Renegade Pancake""
Oh, and I've seen 111 episodes.  The following really need to air on GaS, for I haven't seen them AND I don't own their runs.  (There are more whose runs I don't have, but one step at a time.)
- The Keys to the Alhambra
- John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine
- The Lost Logbooks of Magellan
- The Silver Saddle Horn of Hannibal
- The Golden Goblet of Attila the Hun
- The Jeweled Necklace of Montezuma
- The Bent Shaving Pan of Jedediah Smith
- The Lily-Crested Crown of Clovis I (has ANYONE seen this episode?)
- The Lion-Slashed Jacket of Sacagawea

Actually I've seen the Lily-Crested Crown of Clovis the First.  Don't remember much about it though, except how Clovis led his men through shallow water to anew land.  He knew it was shallow because there were lilies floating on it, and thankful that knowing lilies float in shallow water helped him leave an old land without drowning, he changed his symbol from three frogs to three water-lilies.

Your turn.  Do you remember Olmec's Legend of The Codebook of Mata Hari? I'd liek to hear about it.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline The Mandarin Hand

• Green Monkey
  • Benzibab.
    • View Profile
    • Truncated Power Rangers
« Reply #1156 on: January 01, 2007, 10:00:39 AM »
Gareth was a fat-ass, and Rinette was slow.  That's all you need to know.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: January 01, 2007, 11:42:39 AM »
Wait, why didn't I just search Wikipedia to find out who Mata Hari is? I'm such an idiot sometimes.

Anyway, to get back on topic.  Here's my summaries for today's episodes.

The Diary of Dr. Livingstone? Kinda an average win (except that Brett entered all 12 rooms of the Temple.) Blue Barracudas were a good team all day, second in the Moat, second on the Steps, and shutting out the Purple Parrots 2-0 in the Temple Games.  Tabitha was okay, making it five rooms to the Dark Forest where a Temple Spirit caught her with just under two minutes left.

Brett, as we all know, was the only person to complete the Viper's Nest objective.  But he was also the only person to ever put the Dark Forest key back in the tree when it wouldn't unlock the Golden Doors.  He made it out with the Diary with 5 seconds left, and so he and Tabitha won the Magnavox portable CD players, the Schwinn Z-Flash bikes, and the trip to Smuggler's Notch.

Notes: This might've been the first episode where a player enters the Crypt, since Kirk calls it the "Crypt Room" every time.  Also, the Temple Run music was not where it should've been in the last few seconds of the run.

The Trojan Horseshoe? The Green Monkeys here were great players all day.  They were first in both the Moat and the Steps of Knowledge, and won 1.5-0.5 in the Temple Games. (But how the Silver Snakes, who threw out so many wrong and poorly-phrased answers in the Steps of Knowledge, ended up facing them in the Temple Games is beyond me.) Lucretia went first.  She wasn't very fast, but the only room where she had any trouble was the Room of Golden Idols.  She waved to her partner before entering the Shrine of the Silver Monkey, where she was taken out of the Temple.

Shawn wasn't an amazing player, but he had enough time to get the job done.  He got to the Horseshoe with 0:47 left and took the low road to get out with 10 seconds on the clock and record the first Green Monkeys win.  He and Lucretia won Magnavox portable CD players, the camping prize packages and the trip to the Bahamas.  The crowd was real excited this episode, I love when that happens.

Notes: The half Pendant was on the actuator for the door from the Room of Golden Idols to the Shrine of the Silver Monkey.  After two teams missed a Steps of Knowledge question, Olmec said "This is the next question" rather than Kirk saying "Next question, Olmec." Olmec skipped a small part of his rundown when explaining the Room of the Three Gargoyles: "Push in the right tongue, and a door might lead you down a Wall Climb." Also, the Silver Snakes here gave a lot of wrong answers at the Steps of Knowledge.  For example:

Olmec asks:
"The soldier Achilles gave his name to what body part??"
The Silver Snakes ring in: "The? thing on the back of your foot?"
"That is not one of our three choices," replies Olmec.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

• Green Monkey
  • Benzibab.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: January 01, 2007, 11:48:15 AM »
Ty from the Lucky Medallion of Atocha completed the Viper's Nest objective.  He just didn't have to do it.

Offline jfeathe

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: January 01, 2007, 11:55:36 AM »
Did anyone else notice how nutty the Temple Games interview was on the Trojan Horseshoe? Kirk started laughing when the crazy Silver Snakes boy introduced himself with his first and last name and couldn't stop after that. Also, I was surprised to see a 15 year old on the show. I thought the limit was 14.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: January 01, 2007, 12:19:16 PM »
Russell the boy on the Red Jaguars in The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen was also 15.  If they're 14 during the auditions but turn 15 on or before the day when their show's taped, they still get to go on the show.

• Green Monkey
  • Benzibab.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: January 01, 2007, 01:02:03 PM »
GUTS had a 15-year old on the show early on, too.

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
« Reply #1162 on: January 01, 2007, 01:42:06 PM »
It seems season 1, they were all really old or really young. I saw Clovis, my cousin has it on the tape I taped for her. I personally thought the Mata Hari legend was one of the more interesting ones.

• Green Monkey
  • Benzibab.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: January 01, 2007, 01:49:37 PM »
It also seemed that in Season 1, it was a mix of ages.  (See The Golden Cricket Cage of Khan; Tia and Jon were 11 and 13, respectively).  It seemed more even in the other seasons.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #1164 on: January 01, 2007, 02:07:36 PM »
Quote from: ""math""
Did anyone else notice how nutty the Temple Games interview was on the Trojan Horseshoe? Kirk started laughing when the crazy Silver Snakes boy introduced himself with his first and last name and couldn't stop after that. Also, I was surprised to see a 15 year old on the show. I thought the limit was 14.

Joel from the Iron Nose Ring was 15 as well.

« Reply #1165 on: January 01, 2007, 02:36:26 PM »
Quote from: ""The Ancient Warrior""
 But he was also the only person to ever put the Dark Forest key back in the tree when it wouldn't unlock the Golden Doors.  .

tony of the snakeskin boots of billy the kid also put the key back in the tree when the doors didn't unlock

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: January 01, 2007, 02:44:27 PM »
Why did I just turn on Nick GaS to see... THE TROJRAN HORSESHOE?!

EDIT: I need to read earlier pages >_<

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: January 01, 2007, 02:44:58 PM »
God damnit, I totally missed out on these! I gotta stay up late now :'(

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: January 01, 2007, 03:23:50 PM »
Quote from: ""Olmec""
I saw Clovis, my cousin has it on the tape I taped for her. I personally thought the Mata Hari legend was one of the more interesting ones.

Can you tell me about it? I read on Wikipedia she was an exotic dancer and a convicted spy.  What else am I missing?

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: January 01, 2007, 03:55:05 PM »
She was a double agents in WW1. The Germans thought she was spying on the French & vice versa. They eventually caught her & blindfolded her & she blew kisses at her firing squad.

FIN