Author Topic: Has Legends ever helped you in school?  (Read 920 times)

Offline geniusonwheels

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
Has Legends ever helped you in school?
« on: March 28, 2008, 04:04:08 AM »
Was there ever in time during school, where you remembered Legends, and you got an answer right?

Thanks to Legends, I remember the names of John Henry and Mary Shelley during a county Academic Brain Challenge.

Hopefully, this should be a really interesting topic.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 08:18:42 AM »
Heh... For me, I'll recognize a name and go, "Hey, I've heard that name before!" but when I try to think about what was significant about that person, I fail. Miserably. That's what you get for tracking only the names of episodes and not their legends.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 12:35:56 PM »
Yeah, same exact thing with me. (With recognizing names and not knowing their signifigance). lol

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 03:44:05 PM »
Yeah, same here.  Its like I've heard of Ali Baba before, but everything that I learned about him, had really nothing to do with the episode.

Offline rjaguar3

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 06:34:31 PM »
As a member of my school's Scholastic Bowl team, I'd like to say that I happened to know most of the historical figures without the help of Legends.  However, the show did help me learn about Tokugawa Ieyasu, and that has come up many times in Scholastic Bowl.

Speaking of which, as a Scholastic Bowl player, I am one of the few people who truly enjoys the Steps of Knowledge round.  I really enjoy the buzzer battles between teams that actually know the material, and seeing a good team blitz through the round is satisfying.  Sadly, not many here seem to share my opinion.

Offline geniusonwheels

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 10:38:08 AM »
Quote from: ""rjaguar3""
As a member of my school's Scholastic Bowl team, I'd like to say that I happened to know most of the historical figures without the help of Legends.  However, the show did help me learn about Tokugawa Ieyasu, and that has come up many times in Scholastic Bowl.

Speaking of which, as a Scholastic Bowl player, I am one of the few people who truly enjoys the Steps of Knowledge round.  I really enjoy the buzzer battles between teams that actually know the material, and seeing a good team blitz through the round is satisfying.  Sadly, not many here seem to share my opinion.

Well, I know most of the people as well, but I also remember Legends for reassurance of the fact.

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2008, 08:36:33 AM »
In 3rd grade, I completed a worksheet about Ponce De Leon using knowledge I obtained while watching Legends of the Hidden Temple. I got a D.

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2008, 06:32:23 AM »
Yes. Simon Bolivar, Tokugawa Ieyasu, Alhambra, Edmund Hillary, and many others!