Poll

Which Purple Parrot win do you consider as their signature win?

The Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid
1 (12.5%)
The Milk Bucket of Freydis
6 (75%)
The Metal Beard of the Egyptian Queen
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: What was the Purple Parrots' signature win?  (Read 338 times)

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
What was the Purple Parrots' signature win?
« on: November 23, 2011, 07:18:07 PM »
Was it:

The Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid?
The Milk Bucket of Freydis?
Or was it The Metal Beard of the Egyptian Queen?

This is kind of tough.

Snakeskin Boots was the first ever PP win and this team is sometimes considered the best team ever. However, the temple layout was pretty easy and Tony almost blew it with his exit plan. Kelly was pretty slow too. They're pretty lucky that they made it out in time. I know I'm a PP fan, but I'm starting to consider this run to be a bit overrated.

Milk Bucket was a solid run/win. Tarrah knew what she was doing for the most part and just got the win with 1 second left. She made the mistake of going camera-left from the Shrine, but that didn't matter. She threw the bad PP luck out the window and made this temple her own. One of my favorite wins.

Metal Beard was another solid run/win. Both players knew what to do and they were pretty fast too. However, just like Tony, Randy almost blew this run because of her exit strategy. That's one of the worst exits I've ever seen, but she still made it out in time. Again, very lucky.

Now that that's out of the way, to me, the signature win for the PPs is The Milk Bucket of Freydis. Tarrah was so small, but she was mighty and pulled it off with a hard layout and a big milk bucket in the Ledges.

This is a poll, and you can change your vote if you have a change of heart.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline The Viper

• Kirk Level
    • View Profile
Re: What was the Purple Parrots' signature win?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 07:20:45 PM »
I voted for the Milk Bucket of Freydis. The Metal Beard and the Snakeskin Boots had fairly easy layouts, and weren't solo runs. The Milk Bucket, on the other hand, had a somewhat lengthy layout and was a truly great solo win.
:mrpink:  :mrred:  :mrorange:  :mryellow:  :mrgreen:  :mrteal:  :mrblue:  :mrpurple:

Favorite episode: John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine
Favorite Season: Season 2
Favorite team: The Bluuuuuuue Barracudas!

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 07:22:11 PM »
Same here.
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 07:31:55 PM »
Freydis. But I still love Billy the Kid and Egyptian Queen.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 12:53:01 AM »
I don't know, I think "The Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid" would be the one that comes to mind. After all, Tony and Kelly were the only team to finish first in the moat, sweep the Steps, win two pendants in the temple game, and win in the temple. And on top of that, they were the first Purple Parrot win.

Although I agree that "The Milk Bucket of Freydis" fits this criteria more, especially being a one second win and Tarrah's jump of death across the Pit.

"The Metal Beard of the Egyptian Queen" is probably the most forgettable of the three, but its still memorable for the team entering every room of the temple. Out of all 3 wins, I prefer this episode.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 02:41:29 AM »
Yeah, The Snakeskin Boots could be considered legendary because of how strong Kelly and Tony were pre temple rounds. And especially since this was the first Purple Parrots win. However, just because a team is so dominant, doesn't make it exciting. It's still a great win nonetheless.

I choose Freydis as my signature win because of the nail biter temple run. It all came down to one second left, and Tarrah's infamous jump across the pit. Plus, she did the whole thing herself. It's a victory I never get tired of watching.

Metal Beard would probably be my second choice. Poor exit plan aside, it was still a solid run/win.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 02:43:03 AM »
I would definitely take Annie Oakley over the rest of the Purple Parrots episodes, but that is out of the question since we are talking about wins.

I'd say overall, Freydis comes to mind first when people think of Purple Parrots wins for Tarrah's performance in the temple. I mean how can you hate that episode after all?