Author Topic: What's Your Legends Replacement?  (Read 1841 times)

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
What's Your Legends Replacement?
« on: January 14, 2008, 04:01:52 PM »
I shouldn't say replacement, becuase nothing can replace Legends, but your new show to obsess over.

My answer: American Gladiators ftw. -_- it's the topic of choice every Tuesday in Latin and I can see why

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 06:42:00 PM »
I love that show too!  I watch it every Monday since there is nothing good on for the rest of the week.  But my other show is Lost.  The fourth season is going to start on the 31st and I can't wait for it to start!

Offline The Mandarin Hand

• Green Monkey
  • Benzibab.
    • View Profile
    • Truncated Power Rangers
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 11:26:06 PM »
Honestly, I watch little to no television as is.

Offline PhantomBPR

• Temple God
  • Kirk Level
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 12:33:04 PM »
Only show I ever have time to watch ON TV is usually Faimly Guy before I go to sleep, but I do most of my watching through DVD's and right now I'm getting into the X files again.
Crazy, but that's how it goes.

You don't do nothing you don't wanna do
Be nothing phony about you
Keeping it real and do what you feel
You gotta eat
You gott eat Checkers!

Offline Turbo Barracuda

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 01:28:31 PM »
Roseanne (which is never on :()

Offline silverMarker

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 06:16:49 PM »
For me: Degrassi.
I ddn't think I would like that show, but it's damn awesome.

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 02:19:30 PM »
-American Gladiators
-Chowder (new cartoon network cartoon, really good for a modern show)
-iCarly (even though it's modern nickelodeon, it's good)

Other than those 3 shows, Legends and Guts, I don't watch much tv. Even when I do watch tv, it's usually from my DVR or I get really lazy and just pay $2 for episodes of Chowder and iCarly on iTunes so I can watch them while I'm doing homework.

Offline PhantomBPR

• Temple God
  • Kirk Level
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 03:51:28 PM »
Quote from: ""silvermonkeypieces""
-American Gladiators

Other than those 3 shows, Legends and Guts, I don't watch much tv. Even when I do watch tv, it's usually from my DVR or I get really lazy and just pay $2 for episodes of Chowder and iCarly on iTunes so I can watch them while I'm doing homework.

Oy vey, I can't stand the new cartoon network shows including Lazlo and Gym Monkey, granted I've never watched Chowder, but from what I've seen of the others, I'm not very excited about it.

Eh, sorry, don't mean to bash, watch what you want to watch, but you must agree, both Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network are going down hill.
Crazy, but that's how it goes.

You don't do nothing you don't wanna do
Be nothing phony about you
Keeping it real and do what you feel
You gotta eat
You gott eat Checkers!

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2008, 04:32:03 PM »
Quote from: ""PhantomBPR""
Quote from: ""silvermonkeypieces""
-American Gladiators

Oy vey, I can't stand the new cartoon network shows including Lazlo and Gym Monkey, granted I've never watched Chowder, but from what I've seen of the others, I'm not very excited about it.

Eh, sorry, don't mean to bash, watch what you want to watch, but you must agree, both Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network are going down hill.

Yeah, they are going downhill, I must agree, especially Nickelodeon. For Cartoon Network, Gym Monkey is so corny, and even though Lazlo is from the same creators of Rockos Modern Life, I still like Rockos Modern Life much better than Lazlo (although it's a decent show).

Offline Kirk Fogg's Wife

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
    • http://nickgas.proboards.com/index.cgi
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008, 10:07:08 PM »
Mine will have to be Numb3rs because of Charlie Eppes played by David Krumholtz and Colby Granger played by Dylan Bruno, but it's mainly because of Colby.

Offline Toltendo

• Toltendo, person who watches Legends
  • Pharaoh
    • View Profile
    • My Artist Website
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2009, 01:42:19 PM »
I would have to say Sesame Street, even though I rarely catch the show on T.V.. There are other shows like The Daily Show and The Colbert Report, both show how "great" media is. For game show, I still like The Price is Right. Drew Carey is very funny and I got a chance to be in one of the tapings, although none of my family and relatives who came didn't get anything. I still dream of seeing the set for Legends.
"I literally spat Coke on my computer screen when I saw that new screen name." -The Bandit King

Sorry, but I'm caught in a bad romance. Could you pick up the telephone and just dance? The paparazzi are here to video phone us. -Toltendo

<iframe src="http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/getDynamicImage.do?memberName=Toltendo&mnOn=true&stat=1&imageNum=2&rankOn=true&projectsOn=false&special=true" frameborder="0" name="di" scrolling="no" width="405px" height="145px"></ifram

Offline Turbo Barracuda

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2009, 05:38:11 PM »
Quote from: ""Toltendo""
For game show, I still like The Price is Right. Drew Carey is very funny and I got a chance to be in one of the tapings, although none of my family and relatives who came didn't get anything.

Oh my gosh, I love that show! When did you get to attend a taping?

Offline Toltendo

• Pharaoh
    • View Profile
    • My Artist Website
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2009, 06:02:07 PM »
Quote from: ""Turbo Barracuda""
Quote from: ""Toltendo""
For game show, I still like The Price is Right. Drew Carey is very funny and I got a chance to be in one of the tapings, although none of my family and relatives who came didn't get anything.

Oh my gosh, I love that show! When did you get to attend a taping?

I was at a taping last year around mid-November and the show aired on 1-30-09. I exactly remembered it because there are a few videos on youtube where I was on camera in the audience. There was this group of sorority girls wearing pink. One of the people in the group got up on stage and won. I'll give the link if you wanna see it. I'm the one wearing the sky blue shirt with glasses. You know, I might open up a new topic for members that can share their experience with themselves being an audience member for a game show, sitcom, talk show, misc. Maybe bring up what seemed unique or generic in the running of the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELswO_D-GxY
"I literally spat Coke on my computer screen when I saw that new screen name." -The Bandit King

Sorry, but I'm caught in a bad romance. Could you pick up the telephone and just dance? The paparazzi are here to video phone us. -Toltendo

<iframe src="http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/getDynamicImage.do?memberName=Toltendo&mnOn=true&stat=1&imageNum=2&rankOn=true&projectsOn=false&special=true" frameborder="0" name="di" scrolling="no" width="405px" height="145px"></ifram

Offline Turbo Barracuda

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2009, 06:15:39 PM »
That's so awesome!! How was it with the green screens used as trip screens though? I would think it would be weird just seeing a giant blank green screen.

EDIT: I guess I should mention, TPIR is my new obsession. :P

Offline Toltendo

• Pharaoh
    • View Profile
    • My Artist Website
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2009, 06:57:58 PM »
Quote from: ""Turbo Barracuda""
That's so awesome!! How was it with the green screens used as trip screens though? I would think it would be weird just seeing a giant blank green screen.

EDIT: I guess I should mention, TPIR is my new obsession. :P

I'm just gonna make a new thread so I could share my experience and maybe the other members can as well.

Just find it at The Dark Forest.