Author Topic: Make Up Your Own Temple Games  (Read 2447 times)

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
Make Up Your Own Temple Games
« on: June 27, 2006, 10:29:32 AM »
There is a square of 4 balance beams 2 feet above the floor. Each person will start on opposite sides & have 3 items in their buckets (items would depend on the Legend). On go, they will walk across the balance beams to their opponent's bucket. They will take an item out of their opponent's bucket (only one at a time), walk across the other half of the square to their bucket & drop the item in their bucket. Also, each person has a flag attached to their back. If your opponent rips off your flag, the game is over. If someone falls off, the game is over. At the end, whoever has the most items, or the first person to get all 6 in their possesion at once, wins.

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 09:18:07 AM »
(Full Pendant Game): Each person is hanging from a rope on their harness. At each end (each team has a side), there is a shelf with bags. One person will start out in the air, the other will start out on a platform. The 2 ropes are attached to a bar, so you're always across from your partner. On go, the person on the platform will run, propelling both them & their partner to spin. When the person gets in the air, their partner will be on the platform. They will try to grab a bag, & they must propel themselves across with the platform. Each team has a bin next to each other in the middle (between the 2 contraptions). If you have a bag, you can try to throw it into your team's bin. If it gets in your bin, you get a point. But don't get it in the other team's bin! At the end of 60 seconds, whichever team has the most bags wins. If you don't understand this, it was a mission in "Endurance: Tehachapi" called "Spin Fly".

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 01:39:37 PM »
I call dibs on my Temple Games. You need my permission to use them.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 07:02:58 PM »
I just thought of a random idea. Okay, so there are 36 long vertical pegs arranged like follows...
[code] ? ? ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ? ?
 ? ? ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ? ?
 ? ? ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ? ?
[/quote]
Now, you see how it makes a bunch of little triangles? An object of some sort is placed in half of those triangles evenly, so that there are 25 objects to collect. Players start on the bottom-left and top-right corners of the diagram, with an end of a rope of their team's color attached to their backs. At the other side of the rope is an endless spool of similar rope (in other words, they can move freely without restriction of the rope).

The goal of the game is to collect as many objects as possible when time expires, all objects are picked up, or no more objects can be picked up. Now, the catch is, as you've probably figured out already, the players will be wrapping their ropes around a number of poles as they collect the items. Neither player can pass through any taut rope while they collect the items.

As far as strategy, players can choose to play offensively and go on a collecting spree, or they can also play defensively and attempt to trap their opponents in a space with fewer items. It's both strategy and skill--a perfect Legends combination.

Whether it would work or not--I'm not sure, but it has potential. :)

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2006, 05:02:27 PM »
I've got a few, though you can read about them in episodes of The Rediscovery:

?When Kirk gives the signal, load your slingshot to knock over the target on your pedestal, then your partner will take aim. If the target is knocked down, your team wins a point, then the target is set back up again.
?The first team to score ten points? or the team with the highest score after 90 seconds? wins.?

Actually, the scores can be increased at any increment, depending on what is being reenacted.  But the number of times the target must be knocked down within the time limit is always ten.

So far this Temple Game has appeared in:
The Lost Papyrus Scroll of the Poet Sage (target score 10)
The Half-Burnt Torch of Mary Tudor (target score 500)
The Entrails-Stained Crown of William the Conqueror (target score 10)
The Feathered Headdress of Powhatan (target score 1000)
The Right Nostril of the Great Sphinx (second Temple Game; target score 10)
Helen of Troy's Mystical Mirror (target score 1000)
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline The Bamboo Forest

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 01:58:53 AM »
(This is actually used in my fanfic, John Cabot and the Mathew's Sail(The Sail of John Cabot))

There are two pedestals. When the signal is given the first player will grab the sail and place it on their team's scooter. Then they will wheel it over to their partner and the partner must take it off and run over to the pedestal and place it on top of the pedestal. The first team that accomplishes this wins. This is an untimed game used in my fanfic, John Cabot and the Mathew's Sail(haven't I said that already?) :lol:  :lol:

Favorite Season: Season Two
Favorite Episode: The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
Favorite Team: Orange Iguanas

Favorite Room: The Bamboo Forest

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends.
Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga: The Epitomes of Musical Fart

Fanfiction Projects (On hold): Legends: Wild Jungle

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 10:55:02 AM »
This is a real common one in late Season 1 and throughout Season 2 of The Rediscovery:

"When Kirk gives the signal, grab an item, and run out to meet your partner at the middle of the path.  Then pass the item to your partner, who will slide back and place it in your bin.  Then go back and do it again.
"The team with the most items in their bin after 60 seconds wins."

Think of it as the "transport items" game in the original show's Season 1, except that the players are standing on dry ground, the sides are raised higher and the velcro-covered helmets aren't used.

Oh, and if you want to use my Temple Game ideas, rather than ask me permission, you have to credit me in the Temple Games post of your fanfics.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline Piranesi

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 08:55:56 PM »
Can't believe they never had a straight-up rope climbing race.

Offline silversnakeman

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/nicklegends
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 07:47:25 PM »
Okay I have one. This would be a team temple game for a whole pendant.

When Kirk gives the signal, take a coin and swing over to your partner, who will take the coin and give you a vegetable (or something), and you'll swing back, grab another coin and give it to your partner. Whoever has the most (items) in 60 seconds, wins.

Offline silversnakeman

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/nicklegends
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 07:47:59 PM »
Basically known as a "Shopping Game"

Offline silverMarker

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 06:49:06 PM »
This one is worth a Full Pendant.

One member from each team is standing in front of a wall, and one member from the opponent's team is standing across from them with a sling-shot.

When Kirk gives the signal, one player will load a ball into the sling-shot and launch it at their opponent, who must try to avoid getting hit by it.

Each time you hit your opponent, your team receives a point. Each time the other player steps out of their zone your team loses a point. Which ever team has the most points at the end of 60 seconds wins.

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2009, 04:11:13 AM »
I think I shall use these later on in the second season of Wild Jungle.

"When Kirk gives the signal, climb up the rope to the first platform and grab an item, and climb back down to place it in your bin. Then climb to the next platform and do it again. The first player to grab the items off all three platforms, or the team that collects the most items at the end of 60 seconds wins!"

So basically, it's like one of those Season One "Shaft" games, but it's bigger, there are three platforms wedged into it, and a hole in each to thread the rope through it.

My next idea is kind of based on "Peak to Peak" from GUTS....

"When Kirk gives the signal, grab an item and jump over to the platform, and drop it in the bin. Then turn around, jump back to the first platform and do it again. The player to transfer the most items at the end of 60 seconds wins!"

So basically there's two tall platforms about 5 feet apart and the players are attached to bungee cords.

Offline Long Live Olmec

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nickgtp
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2009, 05:17:30 AM »
This is like the game where the players hang from the ceiling used in Season Three. In the track's place is a set of monkey bars. The player climbs the monkey bars, grabs an item, then drops down and runs back to their basket. Then they climb a small ladder up to the monkey bars and do it again. The team with the most items at the end of 60 seconds will win.

Offline silverMarker

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2009, 05:36:42 PM »
This game is like the one where players had to climb that ramp/slide thing in Season 1 (think "Blackbeard's Treasure Map), but the ramp is vertical.

I've already used this one in my fan fiction, BTW.

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2009, 06:45:13 PM »
I figured this one could come in handy in my next episodes of Wild Jungle; you'll see why when I release them! :wink:

"When Kirk gives the signal, grab an object, and crawl out to the middle of the pathway, while your partner does the same. Once both of you meet in the middle, exchange objects, and both of you will slide back and place them in your bins. The team with the most exchanged objects at the end of 60 seconds wins!"

So, basically, there's two different types of objects - one type for each player - and the players keep trading over and over again.