Author Topic: Make Up Your Own Temple Games  (Read 2566 times)

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
Make Up Your Own Temple Games
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2009, 11:47:59 AM »
Inspired by Zero-G from GUTS (Thanks for the pic on yer site TBF!).  I figure there could be a track turned sideways like that (but of course more Legends-themed, in both design and any possible obstacles) that might be used to symbolize a difficult journey, destroyed terrain, etc.

Whether the challenge is to make it around once or as many times as possible in 60 seconds, I haven't decided yet, though.  It really could work either way.

Credit me to use it.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline Asian Legends Fan

• Olmec
  • Vittujen kev├Ąt ja kyrpien takatalvi, perkele!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2009, 10:53:12 PM »
Hmm, now I've got a GUTS inspired game as well! lol

I'd have a 5 or 6 foot wall in the middle of a path, two "aerial bridge" kinda things on either end, and players attached to bungee cords.

"When kirk gives the signal, jump off the platform and over the wall to the other side and onto the other platform. Then grab an item, jump back over the wall and put it in your basket on the first platform. The player to return the most objects at the end of 60 seconds wins."
Seen all 120 episodes.
Legends fan since 2002.

Favorite Episode: The Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

Favorite Season: Season Two

There's no recess and no rules in the school of life.
Brothers and sisters in metal together will conquer the evil as one.

As I begin this journey through my times
Notes will be spilled under childish rhymes
Of all the things that make me mad
Incomprehensible and iron-clad

Whaddya mean I don't believe in God?! I've talked to him thrice in the Megadeth chatroom!

Offline The Bamboo Forest

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2009, 03:06:21 AM »
Quote from: ""The Ancient Warrior""
Inspired by Zero-G from GUTS (Thanks for the pic on yer site TBF!).  I figure there could be a track turned sideways like that (but of course more Legends-themed, in both design and any possible obstacles) that might be used to symbolize a difficult journey, destroyed terrain, etc.

Whether the challenge is to make it around once or as many times as possible in 60 seconds, I haven't decided yet, though.  It really could work either way.

Credit me to use it.

Hmmm...how about a double-sided track and players race to the finish untimed; first one to the finish wins?

Anyway, for my own idea....

"When Kirk gives the signal, grab an item, then slide down the path to the end, and pass it to your partner who will place it in the bin. Then run back, grab another item, and do it again. The team to collect the most items in their bin at the end of 60 seconds wins."

I'm going to use the slippery footpath a lot in my episodes, and this is just one of a number of games I've planned that makes use of it.

Favorite Episode: The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
Favorite Team: Orange Iguanas

Favorite Room: The Bamboo Forest

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends.
Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga: The Epitomes of Musical Fart

Fanfiction Projects (On hold): Legends: Wild Jungle

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2009, 08:13:56 PM »
Maybe the "jump from platform to platform" game TBF suggested could be modified by slightly further-apart platforms and a rope to use to swing across? (Still bungee cords on the players, so no problem there.)

As for the Season 3 game where they had platforms that wouldn't move or would sink...  How about this.  Get more of them to make a 6?6 or 7?7 grid, and space them further apart so that players can't skip one.  Then, make it so they ALL sink but do not rise again once stepped on.  That means players have to keep moving onto one that hasn't sunken yet; they can move diagonally as well, but the first player that has nowhere to move loses.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline The Bamboo Forest

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2009, 05:11:07 AM »
Probably gonna use this in Episode 39 of Wild Jungle...

?...when Kirk gives the signal, run through the first stone wall and grab the item behind it. Then, run back to the start and place it in your bin. Then run through the next wall, grab that object, and do it again! The first player to return all four objects, or the team that?s further along at the end of 60 seconds?wins!?

Favorite Episode: The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
Favorite Team: Orange Iguanas

Favorite Room: The Bamboo Forest

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends.
Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga: The Epitomes of Musical Fart

Fanfiction Projects (On hold): Legends: Wild Jungle

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2010, 07:19:50 PM »
Okay, for this one, think of the vertical maze used all throughout Season 3 of the original show.  This game is for a half-Pendant, and one player from each team, fitted with a harness and support cord, is standing on top of a horizontal track with a slot running down the middle all the way through.  The track is six feet above the ground, supported by poles on the corners and involves a sharp U-turn before getting to the large space at the end.  Each player is holding onto a long rope which is tied to an object dragging on the floor and contains four progressively larger knots; along the track are four round holes which are the right size for the knots, so it plays out like this:

"When Kirk gives the signal, move along the path and pull on the rope below you as you maneuver it along the slot.  When you get to a hole in the slot, pull the first knot in the rope through the hole and continue on to the next hole.  At each hole, you can only pull enough of the rope to get past one knot, and you may not fall off the walkway or let go of the rope.
"The first player to reach the end of the walkway and pull the object through the space at the end? or the one that's further along at the end of 60 seconds? wins!"