Author Topic: Make Up Your Own Moat Crossings  (Read 1883 times)

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
Make Up Your Own Moat Crossings
« on: June 27, 2006, 10:24:49 AM »
Each team will have 1 rope. There will be a small "island" (platform) in the middle. On go, one player will swing out to the middle of the island. They will pull a hanging chain, which will release a hooked bridge that was attached to the bottom. Than, you'll walk across the bridge to the other side. Than you're partner will swing across & walk across the bridge to ring the gong.

Each team will have a set of monkey bars going across the moat above them. On go, the first player will make it across the monkey bars to the other side. If they fall before they get to the other side, they will have to go back. When they make it across, they'll throw an inner-tube (attached to a rope tied to the pole) to their partner. If the tube is close enough, the partner will jump in it & the first player will pull the rope so the tube & player can get across. When the second player gets across, they will run over & hit the gong.

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 09:13:39 AM »
Each team has 2 bars going across the top of the moat (slightly above the top of the water), with some plates in between the 2 bars (the plates are held up between the bars), making a bridge like stucture. On go, the first person will walk across the plates on the bridge & get to the other side. You must step on each plate only once. You will be sent back to the start if you fall into the moat, skip a plate, or go back onto a plate for a second time. If you get across, the second person will do the same thing. When the second person gets across, they will ring the gong.

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 01:41:11 PM »
I call dibs to my moat crossings! If you want to use any of mine, you need my permission!

Offline Bluebarracuda7

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 08:40:05 AM »
Before you (teams) are two bars across the top of the moat. When Kirk gives the signal, both team members stand horizontally on the bars and hold on to each other by the hands (leaning back slightly, optional) and carefully walk sideways across the moat. If you or your partner falls or lets go of your hand(s) you must go back and start again. When both players are across, run over and hit the gong!

I call dibs on mine too! :wink:

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 02:15:32 PM »
Each team will have a horizontal bar going across the Moat. In go, the first player will crawl ontop of the bar. Pull yourselves across the top to the bar to the other side. If you flip to the underside of the bar (unlike the S2 Layout 2 Moat), or if you fall into the water, you must go back to the beginning. Once you get across, your partner must do the same. When the second person gets across, they will ring the gong.

Offline kamehemeha

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 02:42:02 PM »
One player from each team is sitting on a raft and in his hand is an ancient grappling hook!  When Kirk gives the signal, use the hook to get yourself across, then throw the raft back.  That will be your partner's turn to try to cross.  Once across, run, staff in hand, over and hit the gong.  The first four teams to hit their gong will go on to the next round!

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 03:00:19 PM »
If you use any of my Moat designs, rather han ask permission, you must credit me in the part of your fanfic in which the Moat rules are explained.

I've provided two versions for each Moat explanation: one provided by Kirk and one provided by Olmec.

KIRK'S EXPLANATION:
"Each team is sitting in front of a dragon tunnel that stretches across the Moat.  When I say go, one player from each team will crawl in the start of the tunnel and he?ll make his way all across the Moat.  Then his partner'll crawl in and make his way through the dragon tunnel."
"When the second player comes out of the dragon mouth and climbs onto the deck, it's his job to run over here and hit the gong." He slams down on the Red Jaguars' gong to demonstrate. "The first four teams to hit their gongs will go on to the next round."

OLMEC'S EXPLANATION:
"Before you a dragon tunnel extends across the Moat.  When Kirk gives the signal, one player from each team will enter the tunnel and crawl thru to the other side of the Moat.  Once the first player emerges from the tunnel, that will be their partner's signal to enter the tunnel and make their way across."
"When both players are on the far side of the Moat, run over and hit the gong." Kirk slams down on the Silver Snakes' gong to demonstrate. "The first four teams to hit their gongs will go on to the next round."
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline The Bamboo Forest

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2008, 06:44:27 PM »
Please credit me if you use my Moat Crossings!

Okay, this is how I'd explain it, Kirk style:

Each team is sitting on the edge of the Moat, where a thick layer of plant growth has grown over it and formed a bog. When I say go, one player from each team will head out on the bog towards the deck. But be careful, because the bog can sink at any point. Then the second player will make his way across. The moment the second player climbs up, it's his job to run over here, and hit the gong.

Favorite Season: Season Two
Favorite Episode: The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
Favorite Team: Orange Iguanas

Favorite Room: The Bamboo Forest

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends.
Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga: The Epitomes of Musical Fart

Fanfiction Projects (On hold): Legends: Wild Jungle

Offline The Bamboo Forest

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 07:00:04 AM »
Here's some I plan to use in the second season of Wild Jungle. Ill do it Olmec style, 'cause he'll explain the stuff in the second season of LOTHT: WJ.

"Before you lie the remains of an ancient Roman road. When Kirk gives the signal, walk carefully out to the broken slabs. If you fall in, or if a hand or knee touches the road, you must go back and start again. When the first partner has crossed, the second partner will cross the same way. When both partners have crossed, run over and hit the gong!"

"Before you are the remains of an ancient sunken city. There are three flat stone roofs protruding out of the water, and an ancient vine hanging between each roof. When Kirk gives the signal, swing out to the first platform and grab the next vine. Then do it again! If you fall in, or if your feet touch the water, you must go back and start again. When the first partner has crossed, the second partner will do the same. When both partners have crossed, run over and hit the gong!"

"Before you lies a barrel, and a rope stretched across the water. When Kirk gives the signal, both partners will step on the barrel and use the rope to maneuver themselves to the other side. When both partners have stepped off the barrel, run over and hit the gong!"

"Before you, an ancient net and vine has fallen before you. When Kirk gives the signal, reach out to the vine, and swing out to the net. Then grab onto the hanger, and slide yourself down the zipline to the other side. If a player touches the water, they must go back and start again. When the first partner has crossed, the second partner will do the same. When both partners have crossed, run over and hit the gong!"

That's quite a few crossings, credit me please, as usual, if you use one of them...

Favorite Season: Season Two
Favorite Episode: The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
Favorite Team: Orange Iguanas

Favorite Room: The Bamboo Forest

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends.
Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga: The Epitomes of Musical Fart

Fanfiction Projects (On hold): Legends: Wild Jungle

Offline silverMarker

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 01:58:21 PM »
Before you lie several vines with have fallen across the Moat. When Kirk gives the signal, one player from each team will grab the first vine and swinging over to the second. Then you will grab that vine and swing over to the next one and so on. When you reach the other side, that will be your partner's signal to do the same. Be careful though, if you fall into the water or if you skip a vine, you must go back and begin again. When both players are on the other side, run over and hit the gong.

Offline Long Live Olmec

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nickgtp
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2009, 05:14:17 AM »
Okay, so here's my submission:

There is a zipline stretching across the Moat. The player grabs the hanger and slides all the way to the end, but if they don't have enough momentum to make it across, they have to drop down into the water and wade to shore, making the second player have to go into the water and pull the hanger back to cross.