Author Topic: Why was it cancelled?  (Read 413 times)

Why was it cancelled?
« on: September 03, 2007, 05:05:22 PM »
Why was LOTHT cancelled in the first place anyway?  It seemed to be doing pretty well.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
Why was it cancelled?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 05:31:59 PM »
Nick always liked to switch up its live-action content every so often so it could air a variety of shows at any given time (remember, Nick only had one live-action studio to itself at the time; Stage 21 with GUTS was leased), and so I suppose Legends' time had come. It also looked to be an exceptionally costly show to produce between all the scenery and maintenance of all the props.

Perhaps they just saw a better financial opportunity in Figure it Out which replaced its spot in the studio? Who's to say?

Offline Piranesi

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
Why was it cancelled?
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 07:00:32 PM »
Quote from: ""nicklegends""
Nick always liked to switch up its live-action content every so often so it could air a variety of shows at any given time (remember, Nick only had one live-action studio to itself at the time; Stage 21 with GUTS was leased), and so I suppose Legends' time had come. It also looked to be an exceptionally costly show to produce between all the scenery and maintenance of all the props.

Perhaps they just saw a better financial opportunity in Figure it Out which replaced its spot in the studio? Who's to say?

*takes careful notes*

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
Why was it cancelled?
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 12:36:51 PM »
That's Nick for ya. Cancelling shows without warning..

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
Why was it cancelled?
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 04:26:46 PM »
I'll move this topic to the Heart Room, since it seems to have to do with Legends. But before I do, why not share an interesting fact? You, Purple Parrots rock!, committed the most common spelling error in the English language in your topic title. :wink: I'm not a spelling Nazi, but just felt like pointing it out. :P

Offline The Mandarin Hand

• Green Monkey
  • Benzibab.
    • View Profile
    • Truncated Power Rangers
Why was it cancelled?
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 04:58:53 PM »
Both "canceled" and "cancelled" are considered correct.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
Why was it cancelled?
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 05:08:15 PM »
Quote from: ""Renegade Pancake""

Well, both are "possible" to use, but cancelled is used only very rarely in non-British English and hence it is usually considered improper and incorrect.

But could I be straying for the topic any farther?

I'm sure Nick had their tricky reasons. Maybe Legends was a pre-planned experiment from the get-go.

• Green Monkey
  • Benzibab.
    • View Profile
Why was it cancelled?
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 05:13:35 PM »
Well, my guess would be that the budget was tightened from season two into season three, what with the distinctively less frequent change in Temple Games and the stagnant Temple Game Layout.

Less change among episodes = less excitement and unpredictability from episode to episode.  (I vividly remember that when Season 3 first aired, the first seven episodes they aired were ones in which the Green Monkeys went to the Temple.  I have video footage somewhere in my home movie archives back home of me getting angry at the TV, but I can't tell which episode it is.)

Surely I wasn't the only one.

Less people probably watched due to these changes.

The lower the ratings, the higher probability of cancellation.

Nick wanted to cross-promote a bunch of its shows with a shitty "To Tell the Truth" / "Password" knockoff, and one show had to get the ax.

Seems pretty simple to me.  Kill one show to promote several through a vehicle disguised as a game show.

Why was it cancelled?
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 03:14:18 PM »
I spelled canceled wrong?  That's a shame.  I won my school's spelling bee in fifth grade.  lol.   :oops:

Why was it cancelled?
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 05:33:10 PM »
To be honest there were probably a million different factors that led to the canclation of LEGENDS.
One of the biggest reasons was probably just nickelodeon had passed the 100 episode mark and most shows are put into sindication when they reach 100.
But like they say in hollywood things can change with just one phone call.

Why was it cancelled?
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2008, 11:23:48 AM »
Well, both are "possible" to use, but cancelled is used only very rarely in non-British English and hence it is usually considered improper and incorrect.

I'm sure Nick had their tricky reasons. Maybe Legends was a pre-planned experiment from the get-go.

So maybe we ARE British?O_o

And yes "cancelled" is only used in British English. American English wise it is considered incorrect,just saying.

Why was it cancelled?
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2008, 12:45:52 PM »
Quote from: ""Happy Red Jaguars Soar""

So maybe we ARE British?O_o

And yes "cancelled" is only used in British English. American English wise it is considered incorrect,just saying.

Why does English have to be so dang hard?

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
Why was it cancelled?
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2008, 04:55:18 PM »
If you're going to bump an ancient topic, at least add to it.

• Green Monkey
  • Benzibab.
    • View Profile
Why was it cancelled?
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2008, 12:26:00 AM »
There isn't anything else to add other than more needless speculation.  All listed are valid reasons to cancellation.

I share Ed's sentiments and hereby close the thread.