Author Topic: Favorite Season?  (Read 5624 times)

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
Favorite Season?
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2006, 09:20:09 AM »
Like you said about the Holes of Python, at least The Room of the Fallen Columns tried to make a challenge to it.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Favorite Season?
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2006, 10:02:42 AM »
The actuator rooms in the first season:
Room of the Three Gargoyles / Room of the Royal Gongs (basically)
Cave of Sighs
Wall Climb
Troubled Bridge
Heart Room / Room of Fallen Columns
Room of the Golden Idols / Treasure Room (basically)
The Treacherous Swamp / Spider's Lair / Bamboo Forest / Holes of Python (tough to traverse, though)
part of the Mine Shaft / Dungeon / Well

The actuator rooms in the third season:
The Ledges
part of the Quicksand Bog

It's pretty shocking, really, putting them side-by-side. It shows me how strong the third season contestants really were.
Wow, that really is a lot of rooms with just pressing actuators.

Offline Turbo Barracuda

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
Favorite Season?
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2006, 11:28:20 AM »
I hate season 3 because all the rooms were the same layout and it got annoying, VERY ANNOYING!

Favorite Season?
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2006, 11:37:21 AM »
but it made it easyer on the production crew
so then they could focus on other stuff about the show instead of wasting 3 hours changing the room

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
Favorite Season?
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2006, 12:55:40 PM »
Quote from: ""outer space""
but it made it easyer on the production crew
so then they could focus on other stuff about the show instead of wasting 3 hours changing the room

What other stuff? The legends and games were most probably chosen before the season began taping, so there's no time taken out there... I think the crew just got a bit lazy. They could have at least changed things around just a little...

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
Favorite Season?
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2006, 03:50:54 PM »
Yeah, maybe like 2-4 layouts. I think they could've used our rooms in the fan fics :D

Offline kamehemeha

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
Favorite Season?
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2006, 02:01:12 AM »
I am very sorry, tss101, but I have to be your nemesis.  I love Season 1 (Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress, Galileo's Cannonball, the Star of Sultan Saladin, John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine), and you despise it.  In Season 3, I like the wins (such as the fantastic Musselshell Armor of Apanupac) but I can't stand the losses.  It was a tough descision between Seasons 1 and 2, but I would have to say Season 1.  There were more victories in Season 1 than any other season.

Offline kamehemeha

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
Favorite Season?
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2006, 02:03:34 AM »
Quote from: ""The Blue Barracuda""
I hate season 3 because all the rooms were the same layout and it got annoying, VERY ANNOYING!

Let's be friends over the internet.  That is just how I feel about Season 3!  Long live Season 1 and 2!!!!!!

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
Favorite Season?
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2006, 04:42:38 AM »
At last, I have a worthy nemesis.

I don't "despise" season 1 per se, it's just that it has more unwatchable episodes, for me at least, and even some of the wins don't get me that interested.  While I put in my vote for 3 (the single layout doesn't bother me...it's not like I watch entire seasons back-to-back), I hesitate to single out a season too much either for great episodes or bad ones, because...well, let's face it, they ALL had their share of good and bad.

Offline TBombMadeEZ

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
Favorite Season?
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2006, 05:55:09 PM »
You've gotta figure though, in season one with all the "hit the actuator rooms" they were relatively new to the contestents, and I'm sure the kids in the later seasons watched enough of the show to know how the temple is laid out and where to go etc.

I mean a perfect example is the episode I watched yesterday, "Keys To The Alhambra" I'm sure if she would've watched a show or two, she would've figured to climb up into the shrine, instead of backtrack, then it looked like she just panicked and lost her marbles.

Also, you figure in the first season, there probably wasn't that much interest in the show, therefore the talent to pick from probably wasn't there as it was in later seasons.

When you think of that, how many people do you think signed up with the intention of winning the competition, instead of something to do for fun.  When you watched the show, I'm sure you always wanted to compete and win, so you'd figure the kids down in Florida probably were doing the same thing, and gave them something to motivate them.

I think Season 2 is the best, but Season One is not as terrible as everyone makes it out to be.

Offline scotty2hotty

• New Player
    • View Profile
Favorite Season?
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2007, 10:26:00 PM »
I liked Season 1 just for the fact that it had a lot of funny moments in it. Plus it seemed like the kids were older in the first season.

Speaking of which, I have a question for the hardcore fans. Was there a visible age gap between the seasons? It always seemed like the kids were older in the first season.

The only reason I enjoyed this was because they could make more entertaining temple games because the contestants were older.

I saw an episode in season 3 yesterday and during the temple run the girl wasted about 5 seconds trying to jump up and grab one of the pieces of the Silver Monkey because she was so short.

Sorry if I sound ignorant..not trying to be.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
Favorite Season?
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2007, 08:03:40 AM »
Quote from: ""scotty2hotty""
I liked Season 1 just for the fact that it had a lot of funny moments in it. Plus it seemed like the kids were older in the first season.

Speaking of which, I have a question for the hardcore fans. Was there a visible age gap between the seasons? It always seemed like the kids were older in the first season.

The only reason I enjoyed this was because they could make more entertaining temple games because the contestants were older.

I saw an episode in season 3 yesterday and during the temple run the girl wasted about 5 seconds trying to jump up and grab one of the pieces of the Silver Monkey because she was so short.

Sorry if I sound ignorant..not trying to be.

They certainly did have an age gap between episodes. Season 2 peculiarly seemed to have both the younger and older contestants, but it's only in my head--I don't have any proof.

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
Favorite Season?
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2007, 09:01:26 AM »
Quote from: ""Purple Parrots Fan""
The actuator rooms in the first season:
Room of the Three Gargoyles / Room of the Royal Gongs (basically)
Cave of Sighs
Wall Climb
Troubled Bridge
Heart Room / Room of Fallen Columns
Room of the Golden Idols / Treasure Room (basically)
The Treacherous Swamp / Spider's Lair / Bamboo Forest / Holes of Python (tough to traverse, though)
part of the Mine Shaft / Dungeon / Well

The actuator rooms in the third season:
The Ledges
part of the Quicksand Bog

It's pretty shocking, really, putting them side-by-side. It shows me how strong the third season contestants really were.
Wow, that really is a lot of rooms with just pressing actuators.

I think the proper way to think about it is by number of number of room areas that had actuator objectives.

Rooms with an actuator objective are counted as 1.  Rooms with a different objective are counted as 0.  The Room of Golden Idols, the Pit of Despair/Troubled Bridge and the Rock Quarry/Troubled Bridge are each counted as 0.5 due to their objectives not being actuator based going a certain way.  The Tomb of Ancient Kings and the Dark Forest are counted as 0.5 as well since, for these purposes, I've counted the rock wall as an actuator-based door since no objective needs to be done to open it.  The Season 2 Throne Room is considered actuator-based, but not the Season 1 Throne Room.

Layout I: 6
Layout II: 6
Layout III: 6
Layout IV: 6.5
Layout V: 6
Layout VI: 6
Layout VII: 6
Layout VIII: 6
Layout IX: 5
Season 1 Average Layout: 6
Layout X: 6.5
Layout XI: 5.5
Layout XII: 4
Layout XIII: 4.5
Layout XIV: 4.5
Season 2 Average Layout: 5
Season 3: 2.5
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline BringBackLegends

• New Player
    • View Profile
Favorite Season?
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2007, 09:03:32 PM »
Season 2, setup 4 all the way!

Offline howierules86

• New Player
    • View Profile
Favorite Season?
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2007, 02:10:00 PM »
My vote goes to Season 3. I thought all the kinks got worked out in this season.