Author Topic: Make Up Your Own Rooms  (Read 10994 times)

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
Make Up Your Own Rooms
« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2010, 10:00:05 AM »
The Boulder Pit/The Rope Bridge? In a way, this combines the Pit of the Pendulum and the Rock Quarry/Troubled Bridge.  In the lower half, a player would need to push a large boulder to knock over the column in the outcropping of the room, which may cause the bottom door to open.

The upper two doors can be accessed from above? side ledges with guardrails are connected by a bridge made of netting with ropes for side railings.  Four ropes dangle from the ceiling, and pulling on the correct one will release a rock into the outcropping area; the rock will hit the column and cause it to fall over, which may open either of the upper doors.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline Asian Legends Fan

• Olmec
  • Vittujen kev├Ąt ja kyrpien takatalvi, perkele!
    • View Profile
Make Up Your Own Rooms
« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2010, 01:04:49 AM »
The Garden
The Idols and Swamp areas are combined into a large room, similar to the Pit, allowing for more versatile Temple designs.

The lower part of the room connects the Golden Doors area and the Shaft Bottom area. It is filled with all sorts of plants forming a hedge maze. The top part is a wooden bridge that runs along the back wall of the gigantic room.

In the center of the room sits an apple tree. The player has to climb the tree using a ladder to a platform on the tree, or just get onto the platform by the bridge in the back of the room, and fill a basket on the platform with apples. Once there are enough apples (a randomly selected amount), the doors open.
Seen all 120 episodes.
Legends fan since 2002.

Favorite Episode: The Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

Favorite Season: Season Two

There's no recess and no rules in the school of life.
Brothers and sisters in metal together will conquer the evil as one.

As I begin this journey through my times
Notes will be spilled under childish rhymes
Of all the things that make me mad
Incomprehensible and iron-clad

Whaddya mean I don't believe in God?! I've talked to him thrice in the Megadeth chatroom!

Offline The Bamboo Forest

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
Make Up Your Own Rooms
« Reply #92 on: August 28, 2010, 06:45:01 AM »
The Oil Well - Deep in the bowels of the Temple, the Mayans have discovered a secret oil well that can only be unlocked with a sacrifice. Hung around the room are fruit sacrifices, and on the well, a stone tablet inscribed with the name of the correct fruit. The player would then have to find that fruit and place it on top of the well, which will then begin to spew oil while the doors open.

Favorite Season: Season Two
Favorite Episode: The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
Favorite Team: Orange Iguanas

Favorite Room: The Bamboo Forest

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends.
Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga: The Epitomes of Musical Fart

Fanfiction Projects (On hold): Legends: Wild Jungle

Offline sailorkwii64

• New Player
  • Green Monkeys are awesome
    • View Profile
Re: Make Up Your Own Rooms
« Reply #93 on: April 10, 2011, 04:04:59 PM »
How about the Snow Mountain on top of the temple? In that room, there are three piles of snow you have to dig through to find a switch to move either to the next room or below the next room.

And the other is the Yeti's Cave where you have to pull the icicle from the yeti's mouth to move on the next room, but beware of the temple guards in the Yeti's disguises.

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
  • Okay, I finally have a tagline. Happy now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 10, 2011, 08:11:31 PM »
Nice ideas...and welcome to the forum! :)
Favorite Episode: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

It's baaaaaaaack...
Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth! (return date TBD)

1980s - Michael Jackson, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, etc.
1990s - Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Nirvana, etc.
Present - Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, etc.
You do the math.

"Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions!"
--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline sailorkwii64

• New Player
  • Green Monkeys are awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 10, 2011, 08:19:23 PM »
Thanks.

Offline The Viper

• Kirk Level
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 23, 2011, 11:12:14 AM »
I have one!

The Sundial Room

This is a better version of the sundial room.
There will be 8 lights that can turn green or blue.
The lights are in a circle and all of them are pointing at the sundial in the middle. One of the lights will be blue or green and shine on the sundial, and the shadow of the wedge thing will be at 0 degrees, 45 degrees, 90 degrees, ... all the way to 360 degrees. The play has to spin the blue or green sundial to match the shadow of the center sundial.

To use my rooms, you need my permision. If you ask for it, I'll gladly give it to you.  :mrred:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 09:06:58 PM by The Viper »
:mrpink:  :mrred:  :mrorange:  :mryellow:  :mrgreen:  :mrteal:  :mrblue:  :mrpurple:

Favorite episode: John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine
Favorite Season: Season 2
Favorite team: The Bluuuuuuue Barracudas!

Offline The Viper

• Kirk Level
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 08, 2011, 06:18:19 PM »
New Idea:

The King's Forest

It's basically the Lucky Step/Poles game, except it's in the temple. The top half of the room is the poles, set up in an array of 5 x 5. The bottow half is full of the stuff used in the Quicksand Bog. The middle poll has the little steps, like on a telephone pole, and will never be able to get pushed down. If your step falls, you have to wade through the murky swamp below. Can anyone give me a new name for this?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 09:06:29 PM by The Viper »
:mrpink:  :mrred:  :mrorange:  :mryellow:  :mrgreen:  :mrteal:  :mrblue:  :mrpurple:

Offline The Viper

• Kirk Level
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 18, 2011, 05:25:53 PM »
Might as well post the ones that I drew at school.

The Dragon's Cave
Takes the place of upper-left corner room. There are two gray dragon bodies (one is light gray and the other is dark gray) in the back of the room. There are also two torch holders on the walls that have dragon heads with pegs on the bottom of them. You must take the two dragon heads and put them on their correct body.

The Room of the Illuminating Feathers
Takes the place of Golden Idols area. In the back of the room on the two window-type openings there are two "feathers" (the part of a fiber optic light with the little strand). You must put the feathers into the pedestals and when the feather is put in it will light up a color. Match the feather's color with the color of the light to move on.

The Royal Tomb of the Uncrowned Queens

Takes place of Observatory area. In this room the railing has been moved back and in front of the railing are two thrones with the skeletons of queens sitting on them. In the back of the room are two crowns. You need to take one crown and put it on its proper queen to move on.

The Mandarin Gardens

Takes the place of Swamp area. The room is decorated with beautiful, green plants. There are three yin yang symbols around the room. You must put the symbols into the openings on the back wall. The symbols will only stay in if they are turned the right way. Once all 3 symbols are pushed int correctly, you may move on.

The Sands of the Egyptian Pharaoh

Takes Golden Doors area. this room looks like the Tomb of the Ancient Kings, except for the room is full of sand and instead of the three golden doors in the back, there are egyptian mummy caskets. You must open the coffin, find the mummy's staff, and place in the correct casket's hands to open a door. The stage-left casket can open, revealing the ladder to the Shrine of the Silver Monkey, and the middle casket can have a temple guard in it.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 09:00:48 PM by The Viper »

Offline The Viper

• Kirk Level
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 26, 2011, 12:50:01 PM »
And some more.

The Roman Ruins
Takes the place of the Golden Doors area. The room is decorated like a roman palace. The player must reach into the correct 1 of 2 columns in search for a key, which can be used to open a door.

The Indian Burial Grounds
Takes the place of Swamp Area. The room is dimly lit. Three tee-pee like structures are in the back left corner, center, and front right corner areas of the room. The player must go into the tee-pees in search of a burial marker, which when inserted in the correct of three slots will open a door. The back left tee-pee has a ladder inside it which can lead you to the room above.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 03, 2011, 04:03:44 PM »
The Flag Room:

Similar to The Bandit King's "Geographer's Study", except this room is a little different. There are three flags located in the room. There are also three pedestals in the room, very similar to season 2's King's Storeroom. Each pedestal will have a country's name on it and it is up to the players to put the flags in the right pedestals. For example, let's say a player has to put the flags of Great Britain, France, and Mexico in the right pedestals. If the player puts the flags in the wrong place, then they have to try again. If the flags are correctly placed, then the player can advance to the next room.

Now before entering the temple, a production member will tell where the flags go and it will be up to the players to remember where the flags go.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline The Viper

• Kirk Level
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 06, 2011, 10:09:12 PM »
That's a good one, PP319! Can I use it for my fanfic? I'll give you credit for coming up with it.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 06, 2011, 10:21:50 PM »
Sure. ;)

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline Silver Snake Lord

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 14, 2012, 05:05:42 AM »
Nice ideas with the rooms :) I've enjoyed reading everything here.

Some ideas for rooms I have:

The Mine Track - Replaces the Swamp.  Ride a mine cart across a mine track that's at the ledge entrance to make it across.

The Sacrifical Chamber - Replaces the Room Of The Ancient Warriors/Laser Light Room/Room Of Harmonic Convergence. Three pedestals are aligned in a circular formation in the center and a skeleton is on each. Insert a knife-like object into the chest of each skeleton to get the correct one and unlock the doors.

The Lava Pit - Also replaces the Swamp. Walk along the bridge-like rock formation and avoid falling into the lava surrounding it (the lava of course would be represent by red playballs).

The Knight's Armory - Replaces the Room Of The Ancient Warriors. Three knight statues are in the room and all three are holding swords. Pull down on the correct one to unlock any of the nearby rooms.

The Glowing Rock Room - Replaces the Viper's Nest/Lightning Room/Secret Password. Three pedestals are in the center and in the cabinets are glowing rocks (similar to the Sankara Stones from Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom). Place the glowing rooms onto the pedestals to unlock the nearest door.

I'll try to think of more soon.

Offline Radman

• And the fearless Daring Do
  • Orange Iguana
  • Brony since Feb 2012 - Legends fan since Sep 1993
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 15, 2012, 11:51:19 PM »
Let's try this then:

The Royal Graveyard - This room I mentioned in my World's Collide fanfic. It's a twist on the Tomb of the Headless Kings. Put a headstone found in the room in front of one of three plots of ground in the middle. Once you place it in the correct spot, the doors open.

Creator of Legends: World's Collide

Favorites:
Team - GO RED JAGS!
Episode - John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine
Player: Jennifer (same episode)
Room: King's Storeroom