Author Topic: Make Up Your Own Rooms  (Read 12035 times)

Offline The Bamboo Forest

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
Make Up Your Own Rooms
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2008, 06:06:25 PM »
^No problem. Keep posting ideas there, they sound great, everyone!

Favorite Season: Season Two
Favorite Episode: The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
Favorite Team: Orange Iguanas

Favorite Room: The Bamboo Forest

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends.
Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga: The Epitomes of Musical Fart

Fanfiction Projects (On hold): Legends: Wild Jungle

Offline silverMarker

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
Make Up Your Own Rooms
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2008, 06:44:58 PM »
The Perilous Foyer (Upper Entrance)

Place the correct key (where the skeletons were) in the front pedestal.

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
Make Up Your Own Rooms
« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2008, 03:55:58 AM »
Just brainstorming S3 WildJungle rooms...

The Condor's Nest-- There are three sharp peaks coming from the ground, and each has a nest on top of it, and an egg is placed somewhere in the room. The players have to place it in the correct nest to carry on. (Will take place of The Observatory area)

Offline silverMarker

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
Make Up Your Own Rooms
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2008, 12:58:27 PM »
I want comments for this one:

Vine Jungle (Pit bottom half)

There are three climbing vines each one with a key hooked to it. Players must climb on the vines, grab the key and use the correct key to open the door. The Bridge of Fate (see post) is on the top half.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
Make Up Your Own Rooms
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2008, 05:02:35 PM »
Quote from: ""silverMarker""
I want comments for this one:

Vine Jungle (Pit bottom half)

There are three climbing vines each one with a key hooked to it. Players must climb on the vines, grab the key and use the correct key to open the door. The Bridge of Fate (see post) is on the top half.

Ooh, I like that idea. Better yet, have the vines hang down from a big net above called the "canopy," which serves as the bridge. That connects the two together.

Offline silverMarker

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
Make Up Your Own Rooms
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2008, 03:40:27 PM »
Quote from: ""nicklegends""
Ooh, I like that idea. Better yet, have the vines hang down from a big net above called the "canopy," which serves as the bridge. That connects the two together.

That was a pretty good idea. I might make that one room instead of two and use it to replace the Bridge of Fate/Vine Jungle. I'm not sure how to make that not turn into yet another "hit the actuator" room. (See my other rooms)

Offline karmew32

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
Make Up Your Own Rooms
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2008, 11:15:22 AM »
The Drummer's Paradise
Takes place of the Jesters' Court

There is a snare drum over the entrance to the Dark Forest area, and a bass drum over the entrance to the bottom central shaft. There are 2 rows of music engraved into the wall, each lasting 1 measure long. The top row is meant to be played on the snare, and the bottom row is meant to be played on the bass. Once the correct piece of music is played, the walls darken from light blue to dark blue and the music notes turn a bloody red and start lighting like a fire.

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
Make Up Your Own Rooms
« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2008, 01:00:57 AM »
that room would be awfully hard for non-drummer thou!

Offline karmew32

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
Make Up Your Own Rooms
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2009, 12:21:37 PM »
The Roc's Nest
Takes place of the Observatory

The room is like a giant bird's nest with a giant egg in the center. However, parts of the egg are missing. The contestant must find the pieces of the egg in the nest and repair the egg to move on.

The Pilot's Room
Takes place of the Torch Room

There is a bi-plane facing the front of the temple. However, the three blades are missing from the front propeller. The player needs to find the three blades and place them on the propeller, then sit in the seat on the plane. The propeller will spin, the plane will start rocking back and forth a bit to make it look like it is flying, and and you will be able to access the elevator to go down, or head to the right into the Shrine of the Silver Monkey.

The Chamber of the Medieval Gates
Takes place of the Swamp

There are three small castle gates (you know, the grate-like ones) in the back of the room. Each of the three gates has a small hole behind the bars. One of the gates has a King's Storeroom-like key behind the bars. The player needs to lift the gates up using their hands, grab the key, and place it in the correct hole to head to the left or to the right. If a person wants to go up, they need to complete the objective, then crawl into an open gate and climb up the ladder. A temple guard could be hiding behind one of the gates.

Offline Long Live Olmec

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nickgtp
Make Up Your Own Rooms
« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2009, 05:08:08 AM »
The Room of the Eternal Flame? Takes place of the Observatory? There is a rock column in the center of the room, and three torches lie in the back. The player entering must take the correct of the three torches and touch it to the tip of the column. When this is accomplished, the tip of the column glows an intense red, causing an ambient glow around the entire room.

Offline Long Live Olmec

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
Make Up Your Own Rooms
« Reply #70 on: July 07, 2009, 04:16:28 AM »
The Chamber of the Ancient Chalices? Takes place of the Room of the Ancient Warriors? In the back of the room are three chalices. The player must place the three chalices in the three pedestals, but there isn?t a particular order to place them, nor do they have to be ?correctly placed?. Once all the three chalices are placed, the doors will open.

The Crow?s Nest? Takes place of the Room of the Secret Password? No, it has nothing to do with the annoying black bird. xD In this room, there are three telescopes hung on the walls of this room. The players must place one of the telescopes in the correct telescope holder to release the doors. Copy of the Torch Room, I know?

Shipwreck Falls? Takes place of the Pharoah?s Secret Passage? Nothing has changed except for heavy pirate theming including a jolly rancher being hung at the slide?s entrance and the slide being painted a shade of shimmering metallic gold.

The Galley? Takes place of the Quicksand Bog? The Galley is a heavily-rethemed Quicksand Bog with treasure themed ball-pit balls (colored gold, red, and green to represent gold and jewels) as well as various traces of pirate theming (cargo net, pirate flags, etc.) The objective is the same?to get out of the room by either climbing Shipwreck Falls, going into the Shrine of the Silver Monkey, or smashing down the stone wall.

Make Up Your Own Rooms
« Reply #71 on: July 07, 2009, 04:32:35 AM »
Quote from: ""Long Live Olmec""
The Chamber of the Ancient Chalices? Takes place of the Room of the Ancient Warriors? In the back of the room are three chalices. The player must place the three chalices in the three pedestals, but there isn?t a particular order to place them, nor do they have to be ?correctly placed?. Once all the three chalices are placed, the doors will open.

The Crow?s Nest? Takes place of the Room of the Secret Password? No, it has nothing to do with the annoying black bird. xD In this room, there are three telescopes hung on the walls of this room. The players must place one of the telescopes in the correct telescope holder to release the doors. Copy of the Torch Room, I know?

Shipwreck Falls? Takes place of the Pharoah?s Secret Passage? Nothing has changed except for heavy pirate theming including a jolly rancher being hung at the slide?s entrance and the slide being painted a shade of shimmering metallic gold.

The Galley? Takes place of the Quicksand Bog? The Galley is a heavily-rethemed Quicksand Bog with treasure themed ball-pit balls (colored gold, red, and green to represent gold and jewels) as well as various traces of pirate theming (cargo net, pirate flags, etc.) The objective is the same?to get out of the room by either climbing Shipwreck Falls, going into the Shrine of the Silver Monkey, or smashing down the stone wall.

Awesome retheming! I love the pirate themed Secret Password-Pharaoh's Secret Passage-Quicksand Bog rooms! You could even go as far as having the Shrine stay the same, but on the head of the monkey have a eye patch!

Here are a few of my rooms:

The Nile River: The Nile River is a room filled with aged netting and a swampy foundation. To open a door out of this room, a player must press its corresponding actuator. (Basically the swamp with a new name)

Temple of Olympus: In this room, there are ?planets? attached to the walls. At the front of the room is a table with 9 openings, some already filled.  The player puts the remaining ?planets? in the correct order in the openings to open the doors. (Takes the place of the Observatory)

Medusa?s Lair (v. 2)- The room is decorated like a forest with 6 ?stone? statues, 2 on each wall, with 3 of them holding snakes. The objective is the same as it was in the first Medusa?s Lair. Put the 3 snakes in Medusa?s head to unlock the doors.

Offline Long Live Olmec

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
Make Up Your Own Rooms
« Reply #72 on: July 07, 2009, 04:45:39 AM »
Thanks! I thought it'd make sense for the entire corner of the temple to be pirate-themed. Makes sense to me? The Crow?s Nest is at an elevated height, while the Galley (the treasure chamber of it, at least) is under the deck.

I've got another one...

The Rainforest? Takes place of the Jester?s Court? There?s a ton of plants and tropical flowers covering the ground and walls of this room, and somewhere in the back wall are three holes with snake heads protruding from them. The players need to pull out the correct snake to open the doors.

Offline Toltendo

• Toltendo, person who watches Legends
  • Pharaoh
    • View Profile
    • My Artist Website
Make Up Your Own Rooms
« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2009, 09:42:27 PM »
The Ancient Batteries:
-From the Lighting Orb, Torch Room

There are four Baghdad batteries placed on four pedestal shelves around the room. There are two wires that have a negative and positive charge, with the wires exposed. Wrap the wire around the rod, charging the negative and positive. The batteries will have symbols to indicate which batteries are needed to charge. If this action is done, the door to The Shrine of he Silver Monkey will open. It's possible that a Temple Guard will pop out of the back door when the charges are activated. You do not need to do anything in this room if you are going down to the corner bottom left room, where the breakable wall would be. Setting of the room would look have an Egyptian setting.
"I literally spat Coke on my computer screen when I saw that new screen name." -The Bandit King

Sorry, but I'm caught in a bad romance. Could you pick up the telephone and just dance? The paparazzi are here to video phone us. -Toltendo

<iframe src="http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/getDynamicImage.do?memberName=Toltendo&mnOn=true&stat=1&imageNum=2&rankOn=true&projectsOn=false&special=true" frameborder="0" name="di" scrolling="no" width="405px" height="145px"></ifram

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
  • Okay, I finally have a tagline. Happy now?
    • View Profile
Make Up Your Own Rooms
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2009, 03:44:46 PM »
Quote from: ""Long Live Olmec""

A "Jolly Rancher"? Well, even Temple Guards have to eat, I guess... :x

Did I mention that I hate the Jester's Court?
Favorite Episode: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

It's baaaaaaaack...
Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth! (return date TBD)

1980s - Michael Jackson, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, etc.
1990s - Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Nirvana, etc.
Present - Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, etc.
You do the math.

"Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions!"
--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper