Author Topic: You or your Partner?  (Read 3344 times)

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
You or your Partner?
« on: June 27, 2006, 06:38:15 AM »
This seems to be a pretty interesting question in general: If you were on the show and you made it to the temple, would you go in first or send your partner in first, assuming he or she was an average player?

The thing is, there's a common philosophy that ''you should never send the slow-witted player in first,'' but there's also the fact that going into the temple first likely means that you will be taken out first as well, having traversed only three rooms.

I, personally, would go in second because I'd probably pass through more rooms. I'd tell my partner everything I know about the temple, and hope that she would agree to go in first. After she gets taken out, I'd act like Mr. Turney. 8)

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
You or your Partner?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 06:49:15 AM »
Yeah, I'd be Zac Turney also, probably.

Offline Mstrgmr

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
You or your Partner?
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 12:27:04 PM »
I would also be Zac, and tell my partner to go a stupid way to get her out of The Temple

Offline The Silver Snake

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
You or your Partner?
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 12:50:06 PM »
I'd probably be Zac...or Robbie. Man, that guy was fast.

Offline dshban

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
You or your Partner?
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 01:01:44 PM »
It depends. I'd want the item to be in either the top right room, the Shriiiiiine of the Siiiilver Monkey, or maybe the Room of the Ancient Warriors. Then my partner would go first, get taken out, and I'd run blaze through and get the holiday to wherever.

If the artifact is in the central column... hmm. I might send my partner in first, so I can blaze through, but then again I might not get a chance (ie Broken Trident of Poseidon). So I might go first, get taken out, and hope they can do it. Although, if one of the two temple guards that would get me is in the Dark Forest, I could just run straight past them (ie... whichever episode that was).

My strategy would depend on the location of the artifact also. If its in one of the top 3 rooms past the central column, I go down and then up. If its in one of the bottom 3 rooms past the central column, I go up and then down.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
You or your Partner?
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 02:21:28 PM »
Quote from: ""nick23""
I'd probably be Zac...or Robbie. Man, that guy was fast.
If you're referring to Robbie from that "Pendant of Kamehameha" episode, then you're right that guy was verrrry fast lol. And as for who I'd send in the temple first, I'd probably send my partner in first. I probably wouldn't be as fast as Zac was from that Bandit Queen episode, but I'd probably run @ a decent pace. :wink:

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
You or your Partner?
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 02:25:18 PM »
Yeah, Zac & Robbie were the 2 fastest contestants.

Offline Mstrgmr

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
You or your Partner?
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006, 02:28:52 PM »
I can think of another fast player, Gator, I believe from The Mussel Shell Armor episode

Offline dshban

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
You or your Partner?
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2006, 02:29:04 PM »
I wouldn't be particularly fast, but I'd certainly know what I was doing (like everyone else in this forum).

Offline dshban

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
You or your Partner?
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2006, 02:32:08 PM »
Quote from: ""Mstrgmr""
I can think of another fast player, Gator, I believe from The Mussel Shell Armor episode

Yeah, he was fast.

Well, I presume so, I haven't seen that episode.  :D

Offline Mstrgmr

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
You or your Partner?
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2006, 02:56:10 PM »
He was, he retrieved an artifact from The Chamber, so he would have to be, especially considering he was second

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
You or your Partner?
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2006, 12:40:47 PM »
I would want to go first because with my luck, if my partner went in first, it would end up being a solo run and i wouldn't get to go in at all. Again, with my luck, i doubt it would be a winning solo run as well. :?

Offline The 49th Ronin

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
You or your Partner?
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2006, 02:07:25 PM »
Whoever goes in first is guaranteed to be in the temple. If I chose to go in second and it's a solo run, or if my partner has three minutes worth of incompetence, I'd be rightly irked.

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
You or your Partner?
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2006, 03:06:13 PM »
Exactly, Carveyfan! I mean, think about it.... Send in your partner first and you could end up with a "Blackbeard's Treasure Map", "The Lucky Pig of Amelia Earhart", or "The Broken Trident of Poseidon"-esque temple run! :x

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
You or your Partner?
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2006, 03:22:42 PM »
Ooooh yeah, you woludn't want that to happen if you sent your partner in first.