Author Topic: I JUST woke up in time to see the nose-ring run...  (Read 1391 times)

Offline Cubby

• Purple Parrot
    • View Profile
I JUST woke up in time to see the nose-ring run...
« on: July 20, 2007, 05:30:37 AM »
Who was that kid? He absolutely DESTROYED the temple! The only 2 things he did wrong was struggle slightly in the shrine of the silver monkey, and take the long way out of the temple. Otherwise, there's a very good chance he leaves with the fastest time ever =/ He practically jumped the swamp lol

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 07:12:44 AM »
Ah, that was good ol' Joel, presumably the oldest guy the show ever had (he was 15). He really did destroy the temple, though. He could handle it.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 07:23:16 AM »
Yeah, and he handled it well with 57 seconds left on the clock. <333

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 12:44:32 PM »
Am i the only one who does NOT consider Joel among the best players?

Yeah, i know Joel blazed thru the bottom floor in under a minute? but i also know that the Laser Light Room and the Rock Quarry were the only lower-floor rooms whose objectives were harder than "hit the actuator" or "bust thru the wall." Plus it took him 30 seconds or so to put together the monkey, and he descended thru the central shaft on the way out, costing time.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline Turbo Barracuda

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 02:09:53 PM »
i didnt thik he did that great either.

Offline RPG

• Purple Parrot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 02:27:39 PM »
Quote from: ""The Ancient Warrior""
Am i the only one who does NOT consider Joel Morris among the best players?

Yeah, i know Joel blazed thru the bottom floor in under a minute? but i also know that the Laser Light Room and the Rock Quarry were the only lower-floor rooms whose objectives were harder than "hit the actuator" or "bust thru the wall." Plus it took him 30 seconds or so to put together the monkey, and he descended thru the central shaft on the way out, costing time.

True, but he was smart. He didn't try to take a direct path to the artifact, including not going up from to swamp (even Kirk commented on that). He knew where he was going the whole time, and he used the Mine to Shrine pathway. And, like you mentioned, he had speed.

I don't put him in the category of one of the best players, but I can see why people do. (Plus, he didn't get that annoying "WTF?!?!" look on his face once)

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 03:22:56 PM »
The fact that Joel still had enough time to get out of the temple despite descending the central shaft gets him out of the category of the bad contestant category, IMHO. Still an incredible run either way.

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline The Jesters Court

• Purple Parrot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2007, 04:58:16 PM »
Quote from: ""nicklegends""
Ah, that was good ol' Joel, presumably the oldest guy the show ever had (he was 15). He really did destroy the temple, though. He could handle it.

How do you know Joel's 15?

And speaking of Joel, I love that temple run.  Joel was amazing and the audience, especially like 5 preteen girls were really enthusiastic similar to the Lucky Pillow Run.  A friend of mine thinks it's cute when Joel and Dorothy grab each others arms and spin around after Joel came out of the temple.  One of the best runs!

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2007, 08:08:10 PM »
Quote from: ""The Jesters Court""
Quote from: ""nicklegends""
How do you know Joel's 15?

And speaking of Joel, I love that temple run.  Joel was amazing and the audience, especially like 5 preteen girls were really enthusiastic similar to the Lucky Pillow Run.  A friend of mine thinks it's cute when Joel and Dorothy grab each others arm and spin around after Joel came out of the temple.  One of the best runs!

I could be daydreaming, but didn't he say he was 15 when asked his age?

I hope I'm right... It's been a while.

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2007, 11:41:37 AM »
i don't think they asked for the players' ages in that episode, actually.  But i wouldn't be surprised if he was 15.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

• Purple Parrot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2007, 03:34:47 PM »
Quote from: ""RPG""

True, but he was smart. He didn't try to take a direct path to the artifact, including not going up from to swamp (even Kirk commented on that). He knew where he was going the whole time, and he used the Mine to Shrine pathway. And, like you mentioned, he had speed.

I don't put him in the category of one of the best players, but I can see why people do. (Plus, he didn't get that annoying "WTF?!?!" look on his face once)

Kirk was not speaking when Joel was in the Swamp, it was a voiceover.

One more thing, I was going to put this under the Possible Sisters topic, but it's locked.  I think Joel and Kelly (Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid) are siblings.  They both have braces and they smiled the same way.  Plus, Kelly was only on 3 days after Joel.

Offline Piranesi

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2007, 06:36:42 PM »
Hell of a run.  He did one things that very few do (diagonally up from the mine), and that deserves my respect.

Offline The Mandarin Hand

• Green Monkey
  • Benzibab.
    • View Profile
    • Truncated Power Rangers
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2007, 02:41:06 PM »

One more thing, I was going to put this under the Possible Sisters topic, but it's locked.  I think Joel and Kelly (Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid) are siblings.  They both have braces and they smiled the same way.  Plus, Kelly was only on 3 days after Joel.

EVERYBODY with braces is related.

POST 700.

• Purple Parrot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2007, 03:59:22 PM »
Quote from: ""Renegade Pancake""

EVERYBODY with braces is related.

POST 700.

It's not just the braces, they smiled the same way, and they have the same tone in their voices.  Also, they look alike.