Author Topic: Olmec: MIA?  (Read 1956 times)

Olmec: MIA?
« on: July 18, 2007, 11:50:39 AM »
Hello all!  Yes, I'm new here.  My 5 (almost 6) yr old son introduced me to LOTHT recently and we love it!  I'm 42 and grew up without cable TV, so many of these Nick shows are new to me.  Anyway, I've been looking for the answer to this question for awhile now, and even though I'm probably breaking a cardinal rule, I'm going to ask it anyway: what the heck happened to Olmec?  Was he saved once the show had finished taping?  Did aliens come down to take him back to his home planet?  Please tell me he wasn't destroyed in an earthquake!  I hope someone knows.  Thanks!

Offline RPG

• Purple Parrot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 11:58:22 AM »
And for that matter, what happened to the rest of the set?

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 02:14:48 PM »
Quote from: ""RPG""
And for that matter, what happened to the rest of the set?

Well, of course they disassembled the temple, but the whereabouts of Olmec are unknown.

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 02:19:46 PM »
If you can find olmec and bring him back here, You will be hansomly rewarded, and heres how...

Offline RPG

• Purple Parrot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 03:04:14 PM »
First you'll receive an N64! Complete with a large library of games and realistic 3-D graphics, it's the best system around! From Nintendo.

Offline PAK Man

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 05:34:48 PM »
And then, if you successfully find Olmec, and bring him back to Phantom's Temple in ONE PIECE, you'll win a trip to Roseland Ranch!

Seriously, I think Olmec and the rest of the set were disassembled back in 1995 or 1996. I personally would be stunned if Olmec were still standing.

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 08:55:12 AM »
well it's kind of a given that it still exists in some capacity. The actual face of Olmec didn't look like a piece that could be dissasembled. As we know many set pieces were given away on Figure it Out. It's also fair to assume at least some of the smaller easily moveable objects were taken home by cast and crew. We know some things lingered around Nick studios in Orlando because just recently those signs from backstage found their way to ebay and the person selling them specifically said they were given to them by someone on the GaS staff, so that means they were there for the entire duration between the show being cancelled and GaS. With Nick studios being gutted out to make way for blue man group though, I guess its anyones guess what happened to the larger less mobile props they probably had in storage. When you think of the numerous programs filmed at that location, they must have had hundreds of large props left over. Perhaps Nick owns a storage facility somewhere in Orlando, because I honestly can't believe that they would completely destroy that stuff. I have a feeling as time progresses these things will reveal themselves via ebay.

Offline jfeathe

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 04:59:59 PM »
There was a rumor a few months that an episode of Drake and Josh was mostly filmed in the Legends studio. I saw the episode it supposedly featured and unfortunately I saw little resemblance. I tried looking for the strange patterns on the 3rd season temple game floor but didn't see anything. Oh well!

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 04:49:04 PM »
I am new to the forum, but I recently emailed Universal Studios Orlando Production asking if the props are still there or thing is still there. Sadly the only thing they wrote back was. Nickelodeon Studios moved there production to california in 2005.

Offline Scorcher27

• Purple Parrot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/107980301
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2008, 03:45:28 AM »
That could mean, and this is just a wild theory, that Olmec and the rest of the Legends set pieces were flown to California and placed into storage.

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2008, 04:59:08 PM »
I thought this was kind of ironic that this is at universal studios. Check out the "olmecs" on the stage. I know its not the olmec but it reminds of it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOUq8-aQc5Y

Offline geniusonwheels

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 12:29:54 PM »

Offline Scorcher27

• Purple Parrot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2008, 01:44:07 PM »
Very amusing. :roll:

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2008, 03:04:49 PM »
Whats that a refrence too? I honestly don't know.

Offline Scorcher27

• Purple Parrot
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2008, 03:07:19 PM »
The Indiana Jones film "Raiders of the Lost Ark".