Author Topic: Legends on Nick Discussion  (Read 11102 times)

Offline PhantomBPR

• Temple God
  • Kirk Level
    • View Profile
Legends on Nick Discussion
« Reply #90 on: May 22, 2007, 07:28:13 AM »
Ok, does anyone find it a bit odd that Legends returns for 2 weeks after 10 years. Goes off the next week, then comes back the week following that?

Am I missing something here?
Crazy, but that's how it goes.

You don't do nothing you don't wanna do
Be nothing phony about you
Keeping it real and do what you feel
You gotta eat
You gott eat Checkers!

Offline thesilvermonkey

• Purple Parrot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shrineofthesilvermonkey.com
« Reply #91 on: May 22, 2007, 10:06:12 AM »
GOOD NEWS ALL! Legends is on next week! Head on over to http://www.nick.com/shows/tv-schedule.jhtml and  look at 5/28...continue with season 3 and as of now nick.com says 6/4 will start with 101 still...... it could change

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #92 on: May 22, 2007, 10:47:17 AM »
Quote from: ""thesilvermonkey""
GOOD NEWS ALL! Legends is on next week! Head on over to http://www.nick.com/shows/tv-schedule.jhtml and  look at 5/28...continue with season 3 and as of now nick.com says 6/4 will start with 101 still...... it could change

Year, I was just informed of this recently over e-mail. This means (at least) FOUR STRAIGHT WEEKS OF LEGENDS!!! It appears to me that the show is quite popular on the channel, or else they wouldn't put it on for so long... This is simply really good news.

Offline The Mandarin Hand

• Green Monkey
  • Benzibab.
    • View Profile
    • Truncated Power Rangers
« Reply #93 on: May 22, 2007, 10:47:45 AM »
Quote from: ""nicklegends""
Year, I was just informed of this recently over e-mail. This means (at least) FOUR STRAIGHT WEEKS OF LEGENDS!!!

Nick GAS laughs at you and feels unloved.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #94 on: May 22, 2007, 10:49:04 AM »
Quote from: ""Renegade Pancake""
Year, I was just informed of this recently over e-mail. This means (at least) FOUR STRAIGHT WEEKS OF LEGENDS!!!
Nick GAS laughs at you and feels unloved.

Ha! The way I phrased it would suggest that, eh? Of course, I'm just excited about the return of Legends to the (more loved anyway) Nick cable channel. :wink:

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 22, 2007, 12:41:19 PM »
Wow, thats great news! I knew legends would be back after this Friday. There's no way they'd show it and then take it off soon after.

Offline TBombMadeEZ

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 22, 2007, 09:11:33 PM »
It's all about ratings.  If they get us to watch the show, the advertisers will pay Nickelodeon more to advertise on their programming.

Both sides benefit.

Also, in my opinion, Legends carries the Nick Gas channel.

Offline Aiselne

• Purple Parrot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yugiohforums.com/
« Reply #97 on: May 22, 2007, 09:27:40 PM »
Even though Double Dare has more ratings sucess, a lot of their audience I believe comes from Legends people to lazy to turn the channel. In addition, it would be silly to just keep running a season over and over again ergo, Legends got the nod. I salute Nick for giving the hard working fansiters a nod.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #98 on: May 22, 2007, 09:40:07 PM »
Quote from: ""Aiselne""
Even though Double Dare has more ratings sucess, a lot of their audience I believe comes from Legends people to lazy to turn the channel. In addition, it would be silly to just keep running a season over and over again ergo, Legends got the nod. I salute Nick for giving the hard working fansiters a nod.

Yeah. For a company that doesn't say anything, they do seem to listen pretty well.

Offline TBombMadeEZ

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 22, 2007, 10:07:52 PM »
Also, Double Dare can also have the ratings edge, if Legends is shown over 5 or 6 times a day.  People aren't forced to watch one showing of Legends, they can watch it over any part of the day.  I bet if you add up the number of people who watch Legends to Double Dare, Legends would win.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #100 on: May 25, 2007, 07:28:03 AM »
So now we have a bit of a conundrum... There were two temple runs that used Layout 1 of Season 1. As we know, in addition to the Dead Man's Hand and Galileo's Cannonball episodes, the Golden Cup was taped on the same day, but its temple run was postponed.

The problem? Nick.com lists next Thursday's episode number as 104A. If we are correct in assuming that the letter represents the production day, then what happened? Was there another episode that began in Layout 1, or was there something else that happened that we aren't aware of?

• Green Monkey
  • Benzibab.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 25, 2007, 07:59:24 AM »
There WERE four episodes, however, that filmed in Layout IX...

*continues reading*

Offline The Green Monkey

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 25, 2007, 08:57:28 AM »
And isn't it true, from what I heard, that Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress was the first episode aired on Nickelodeon, and it was filmed in Layout IX?

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #103 on: May 25, 2007, 09:10:45 AM »
You know, while I do doubt it, there was never any confirmation that the temple layouts appeared in the order they are assumed to be... You don't think that Mr. Reynolds could have gotten the order wrong, do you?

It's very unlikely, but I'm just hypothesizing to pass the time until next Monday.

Quote from: ""Renegade Pancake""
There WERE four episodes, however, that filmed in Layout IX...
Are you proposing that Layout IX would have actually been Layout I? Otherwise, I'm afraid we misunderstood each other.

And isn't it true, from what I heard, that Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress was the first episode aired on Nickelodeon, and it was filmed in Layout IX?

Yes, but the first one that aired in Season 2 was the Shriveled Hand of Efoua, my point being that the first aired episode probably doesn't have to do with production day.

• Green Monkey
  • Benzibab.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 25, 2007, 12:21:12 PM »
Are you proposing that Layout IX would have actually been Layout I? Otherwise, I'm afraid we misunderstood each other.

It was an idea I was tossing around.

I also think it's unusual that the layouts in the order we assume go BACK to the Throne Room for no explicable reason.

Might I suggest that Layout V is, in fact, the last day of filming?  It would make sense for Belshazzar to be tagged on at the very end.