Author Topic: Season 2 Golden Moments  (Read 3667 times)

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
Season 2 Golden Moments
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2006, 11:45:15 AM »
In The Lost Lion Tail of Little John, they have to climb the giant stairs & place a sign up on the board for their third temple game. It was Purple Parrots vs. Silver Snakes. Silver had a pretty big lead, than at the top step, before they were able to put the sign on the board, the sign fell to the bottom!!!!! They were just standing there, instead of climbing down to get it. While they were standing there, Purple Parrots came from behind & slammed the sign on the board for the win.

Yeah, you don't remember that? Well look out for that next time it's on. It was funny, especially Kirk pointing out the obvious "Oh, you'll have to climb down"

Offline Mstrgmr

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
Season 2 Golden Moments
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2006, 11:48:29 AM »
I will look for it, I can kind of remember it, I remember someone dropping something on the stairs, so it might've been them

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
Season 2 Golden Moments
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2006, 11:58:26 AM »
Yup, oh, The Horsehose of Butch Cassidy. Good Temple Run. The Moat order had Kirk Fogg-Ups on Butch Cassidy & Grandy Nanny! Kirk was like "Green, Purple, Orange, Red" & "Orange, Purple, Green, Red" respectively.

Offline Mstrgmr

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
Season 2 Golden Moments
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2006, 12:05:29 PM »
I got another

The Mask of the Man in the Iron Mask when the kid did a head-first slide through the wall.  He's lucky it wasn't locked

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
Season 2 Golden Moments
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2006, 12:07:52 PM »
Yes. I would've died laughing if the wall wouldn't bust open.

Oh, The Mush Pot Hat of Johnny Appleseed. Almost as close as the Broken Wing of Icarus. Wow, I can't believe we forgot about the Broken Wing of Icarus too!

Offline Mstrgmr

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
Season 2 Golden Moments
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2006, 12:09:15 PM »
Neither can I, the closest loss for a team, and it would've been hilarious!  He goes for it, and BANG stopped right then and there, he might not have been able to continue

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
Season 2 Golden Moments
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2006, 01:28:23 PM »
It has already been mentioned, but the escape from the temple in the "Applewood Amulet" episode was absolutely classic, and then Kirk's ecstatic SHE MADE IT! at the end. Sure, the temple was easy, but the outcome was memorable as could be.

Offline PhantomBPR

• Temple God
  • Kirk Level
    • View Profile
Re: Season 2 Golden Moments
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2006, 01:29:46 PM »
I<3 Missy)

Missy was awesome!
Crazy, but that's how it goes.

You don't do nothing you don't wanna do
Be nothing phony about you
Keeping it real and do what you feel
You gotta eat
You gott eat Checkers!

Offline Mstrgmr

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
Season 2 Golden Moments
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2006, 01:37:34 PM »
Yes she was, one of the best female contestants ever

Offline PhantomBPR

• Temple God
  • Kirk Level
    • View Profile
Season 2 Golden Moments
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2006, 01:39:40 PM »
Every time a tree grabed a kid. Scared the hell outta me!
Crazy, but that's how it goes.

You don't do nothing you don't wanna do
Be nothing phony about you
Keeping it real and do what you feel
You gotta eat
You gott eat Checkers!

Offline Mstrgmr

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
Season 2 Golden Moments
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2006, 01:41:09 PM »
Sometimes you could tell because the arms were in a different position than they normally are

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
Season 2 Golden Moments
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2006, 01:47:29 PM »
Yeah, it was scary, but you could tell sometimes.

I <3 Jammin' Jon (Silver Snake in Galileo's Cannonball), Phillip (Green Monkey in Mask of Shaka Zulu), Missy (Blue Barrauda in Heart-Shaped Pillow of Annie Taylor), Olivia-Emma (Green Monkey in Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata), Joel (Silver Snake in Enormous Iron Nose Ring of Babe the Ox), Lacey & Asher (Green Monkeys in Jeweled Scabbard of Sfroza), Troy (Red Jagauar in Red Sash of Tokugawa Ieyasu), Zack & Miriam (Silver Snakes in Secret Map of the Bandit Queen).

Oh, I also have tidbits of Enormous Iron Nose Ring of Babe the Ox & Secret Battleplans of Nathan Hale. For the former, either the tape ran out of power went out, too young to remember, & for the latter, there was a lot of stattic, so I missed a lot of things).

You know how I took the names of the players for my quick episode notes? Well, when Dead Man's Hand (Wild Bill Hickok &) came on for the first time (first time while using the log), when Kirk was introducing the Green Monkeys, & he said Amber's name, for some reason I thought of the name "Ian" in my head. Sure enough, Amber's partner was named Ian, the one with 7 cats!

I feel like such an idiot. I was watching the Red Sash of Tokugawa Ieyasu (now it's team interviews with Silver Snakes in Pendant of Kamehameha), & I was too distracted on the forum, than I missed the whole Room of the Secret Password door! Darn! I'll make sure to watch it in the 10-11 shift!

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
Season 2 Golden Moments
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2006, 02:08:24 PM »
Wait, did we forget about Tarrah's(?) great collision in The Milk Bucket of Freydis? With only a small amount of time left, she tried jumping clear across the pit without using the rope. She collided with the rock on the stage-right side of the room, and supposedly broke the bucket itself in doing so. Of course the run was also memorable for its 'one-second-left'-ness

Offline Mstrgmr

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
Season 2 Golden Moments
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2006, 03:21:38 PM »
We did mention that, and we were thinking that she might have been jumping for the rope.  This discussion could've been in another topic, but Olmec and I were discussing it

Offline The Mandarin Hand

• Green Monkey
  • Benzibab.
    • View Profile
    • Truncated Power Rangers
Season 2 Golden Moments
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2006, 07:06:03 PM »
John VISIBLY copping a feel on Missy right after they won the tie-breaker.