Author Topic: Season 1 Golden Moments  (Read 3560 times)

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
Season 1 Golden Moments
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2006, 01:56:58 PM »
There was one time during the Steps in Season 1 (I think) where one of the contestants rang in, cutting Olmec off, and then began to describe a gigantic portion of the story (probably three answers in one!). Before this guy finished his lecture of an answer, Olmec snapped, "That is NOT one of the three choices" in a truly "shut up, already!" sort of tone. That was memorable, even if I can't place the episode. :lol:

Offline dshban

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
Season 1 Golden Moments
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2006, 06:59:51 PM »
I just watched the Pendant of Kamehameha temple run from Renegade's site. :D When the Temple Guard walked in he looked so guilty, and he's just like, "Come on. Off we go." It's like they had a substitute temple guard for the run who was old and didn't know what to do.

Offline The Mandarin Hand

• Green Monkey
  • Benzibab.
    • View Profile
    • Truncated Power Rangers
Season 1 Golden Moments
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2006, 07:31:53 PM »
From "Wild Bill Hickok and the Dead Man's Hand".  (No, I don't have the encode of it.)

The third temple game was strange in that the female contestant threw balls at their tied-up male partner.  Sara of the Orange Iguanas actually hit Josh in the gonads, resulting in Kirk saying "You don't want to shoot there, you want to shoot a little higher."

"[The Green Monkeys] get a lot of great gifts, here's what [they] get."  (All they received was an animated Disney VHS movie.)

Offline PhantomBPR

• Temple God
  • Kirk Level
    • View Profile
Season 1 Golden Moments
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2006, 07:33:07 PM »
Quote from: ""Renegade Pancake""
From "Wild Bill Hickok and the Dead Man's Hand".  (No, I don't have the encode of it.)

The third temple game was strange in that the female contestant threw balls at their tied-up male partner.  Sara of the Orange Iguanas actually hit Josh in the gonads, resulting in Kirk saying "You don't want to shoot there, you want to shoot a little higher."

"[The Green Monkeys] get a lot of great gifts, here's what [they] get."  (All they received was an animated Disney VHS movie.)

Atleast it wasn't tuna.
I remember several episodes in all 3 seasons, where everyone (except the winning team) recived shoes. WOW!
Crazy, but that's how it goes.

You don't do nothing you don't wanna do
Be nothing phony about you
Keeping it real and do what you feel
You gotta eat
You gott eat Checkers!

Offline Mstrgmr

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
Season 1 Golden Moments
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2006, 12:27:31 AM »
That's amazing, shoes!

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Season 1 Golden Moments
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2006, 02:25:08 PM »
Golden Moments From Season 1 IMO:
1. The Blue Pearl episode, (man was she close)
2. The Pendant of Kamehameha episode
3. The Lawrence Arabia episode
4. Moccasins Of Geronimo (excellent solo run!)
5. Elizabeth The I's Golden Ship (poor team)

Offline Mstrgmr

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
Season 1 Golden Moments
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2006, 02:27:40 PM »
Elizabeth The I's Golden Ship (poor team)

Not really a bad team, just a tough layout

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Season 1 Golden Moments
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2006, 02:29:42 PM »
For Elizabeth The I's Golden Ship?? I'd say so cuz the temple guards were in 2 rooms next to each other, plus that one in the Cave Of Size. If they had started in the Gargoyle Room, they would have had a high chance of victory.

Offline sag_2006

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
Season 1 Golden Moments
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2006, 08:34:52 PM »
The Dead Man's Hand Steps of Knowledge:

Olmec: "Which of these men was a friend of Wild Bill and later fought a battle at Little Bighorn - General Grant, General Custer, or Colonel Sanders?"

Silver Snake: "Colonel Sanders!" (The KFC dude)

You can tell the Snake wanted to be anywhere but there at that point.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Season 1 Golden Moments
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2006, 07:27:38 AM »
:lol: thats just funny!

Offline Kirk Fogg's Wife

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
    • http://nickgas.proboards.com/index.cgi
Season 1 Golden Moments
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2006, 09:57:30 PM »
For me of course it will have to be Kirk in shorts. I have to admit Kirk has sexiest legs.

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
Season 1 Golden Moments
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2007, 10:28:12 AM »
Quote from: ""nicklegends""
There was one time during the Steps in Season 1 (I think) where one of the contestants rang in, cutting Olmec off, and then began to describe a gigantic portion of the story (probably three answers in one!). Before this guy finished his lecture of an answer, Olmec snapped, "That is NOT one of the three choices" in a truly "shut up, already!" sort of tone. That was memorable, even if I can't place the episode. :lol:

Are you shure that happened? And if it really happened, do you remember what episode now, cause i don't remember it.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline Piranesi

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
Season 1 Golden Moments
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2007, 11:35:09 AM »
Quote from: ""Purple Parrots Fan""
For Elizabeth The I's Golden Ship?? I'd say so cuz the temple guards were in 2 rooms next to each other, plus that one in the Cave Of Size. If they had started in the Gargoyle Room, they would have had a high chance of victory.

That was a huge fault with season one, players could enter from the front of the cave.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Season 1 Golden Moments
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2007, 12:27:19 PM »
Yeah, but just like I said up there, if they had used the Gargoyle room, they wouldn't have had such a short loss. It seemed like everyone in Season 1 always wanted to use the cave.

Offline Piranesi

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
Season 1 Golden Moments
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2007, 12:28:40 PM »
Quote from: ""Purple Parrots Fan""
Yeah, but just like I said up there, if they had used the Gargoyle room, they wouldn't have had such a short loss. It seemed like everyone in Season 1 always wanted to use the cave.

Well, using the cave saved a couple seconds getting into the temple, so that was usually the logic.  Unfortunatly, it bit them in the ass quite a lot.