Phantom's Temple

The Temple => The Pit => Topic started by: Tehsilversnake on September 22, 2006, 08:44:41 AM

Title: temple run music
Post by: Tehsilversnake on September 22, 2006, 08:44:41 AM
does anyone have or know where I can get the music for the temple runs?
you know, The organ and drum music while they are going through the temple.

anyone?
if so, please post a link.
Title: temple run music
Post by: nicklegends on September 22, 2006, 09:29:37 AM
There aren't any places online that have tracks used on the show without the foreground sounds as well, like Kirk's commentary or the audience cheering.

That's the reason I made original MIDIs for my site; however, the temple run music is very, very complex, and I cannot figure it out by ear. :(
Title: temple run music
Post by: kamehemeha on September 23, 2006, 01:30:11 AM
If you can't do the Temple Run song, do the song that plays when Olmec is explaining the rooms.
Title: temple run music
Post by: tss1011 on September 23, 2006, 07:15:06 AM
The "Olmec's advice" music is a little easier, as it features the same octave-fifth-major third-fourth sequence repeated in different keys.

I'll take a stab at picking out the temple run music on the piano, but it won't be easy, considering the audience noise and Kirk's commentary.  I can hear the organ chords pretty well, but the bass line and any percussion stuff will be tougher to pick out (aside from the famous drum roll at the end, that is).
Title: temple run music
Post by: nicklegends on September 23, 2006, 09:12:30 AM
Quote from: ""tss1011""
The "Olmec's advice" music is a little easier, as it features the same octave-fifth-major third-fourth sequence repeated in different keys.

I'll take a stab at picking out the temple run music on the piano, but it won't be easy, considering the audience noise and Kirk's commentary.  I can hear the organ chords pretty well, but the bass line and any percussion stuff will be tougher to pick out (aside from the famous drum roll at the end, that is).


Yeah, tha "Olmec's Advice" theme is the one I've been meaning to put on mys site for a while, though. The problem is that, in the song, the percussion is almost completely random, so I may just have to simplify it...
Title: temple run music
Post by: TBombMadeEZ on September 24, 2006, 06:12:56 PM
So many demands!

Here's a kind of off topic question, how can you make these themes on your computer?

I'm not necessarily going to make anything, but I'm just kind of curious how it's done.

Is there a program that is kind of like an electronic keyboard?  Or do you have to make the actual notes yourself?

I'm just curious, because I am very impressed with the files that were made, and it probably takes lots of time, frustration and hard work to get it done.

Even though people take these Legends sites for granted, we all thank you guys for putting these up, especially me because I know how to build websites somewhat, and I know how tough it is to make it, keep it updated, and looking good.

So even though some people are demanding changes, and new files all the time, some people appreciate it.

Kind of kissing ass, but oh well, there's not enough thanks going around.
Title: temple run music
Post by: nicklegends on September 24, 2006, 06:46:28 PM
Quote from: ""TBombMadeEZ""
Even though people take these Legends sites for granted, we all thank you guys for putting these up, especially me because I know how to build websites somewhat, and I know how tough it is to make it, keep it updated, and looking good.

Thank you very much. It is nice to be acknowledged once in a while. :) To make the MIDIs that are currently on the site, I first have to figure them out by ear using a piano. Later, I use a program called NoteWorthy Composer (I think their website is http://www.noteworthysoftware.com (http://http://www.noteworthysoftware.com)) which is a MIDI-maker, more or less. I can choose the note and its duration and place it in a continuously-modifiable on-screen piano roll. Eventually, I'll save it in MIDI format, at which point I upload it onto my Geocities account. For non-MIDI music files, I'm not as experienced, but editors are out there. :wink:

And for those who consistently point out the inaccuracies in my music (not that there are any on this forum), just remember that I actually have to figure out every song by ear to begin with.
Title: temple run music
Post by: tss1011 on September 24, 2006, 08:22:08 PM
I'm currently using the Sibelius 3 software notation program.  I'm composing (or recreating) the Legends cues using instruments that best approximate what we hear on the show.  I've written an "Olmec's Advice" file that uses soprano voices, bass guitar, and a variety of percussion (triangle, guiro, bongos, etc.)  Once I finished I saved it as an audio file.
Title: temple run music
Post by: Tehsilversnake on September 26, 2006, 03:08:28 PM
woah, I'm not DEMANDING it. I just wanted to know if maybe someone had it. if they didnt, its quite allright. just thought someone might have had it.
Title: temple run music
Post by: divvy on January 02, 2007, 09:32:13 AM
Hello everyone,
About a month and a half ago, I created the temple run theme...since then i have made slight varaiations of the song. If anyone is interested in either versions, drop a line.
As Olmec would say"...the choices are yours, and yours alone..."
Title: temple run music
Post by: silversnakeman on January 08, 2007, 01:49:14 AM
Quote from: ""divvy""
Hello everyone,
About a month and a half ago, I created the temple run theme...since then i have made slight varaiations of the song. If anyone is interested in either versions, drop a line.
As Olmec would say"...the choices are yours, and yours alone..."
Oh, are you the one who gave Ed of Nicklegends that temple run music????
Title: temple run music
Post by: divvy on January 08, 2007, 08:51:15 AM
yes i am silversankeman. i sped it up to be about 3 minutes (minus the time's up explosion). and i made slight changes to make it more like the real thing. (i.e. instead of using church organ, im using accordian with the GM engine, but i also use the reed organ on Yamaha XG engines...which i think whoever wrote Legends music used anyway)
Title: temple run music
Post by: silversnakeman on January 08, 2007, 01:02:20 PM
Quote from: ""divvy""
yes i am silversankeman. i sped it up to be about 3 minutes (minus the time's up explosion). and i made slight changes to make it more like the real thing. (i.e. instead of using church organ, im using accordian with the GM engine, but i also use the reed organ on Yamaha XG engines...which i think whoever wrote Legends music used anyway)
AWESOME! dude, you totally rock! I love the temple run music.
Title: temple run music
Post by: nicklegends on January 08, 2007, 04:29:18 PM
Quote from: ""divvy""
yes i am silversankeman. i sped it up to be about 3 minutes (minus the time's up explosion). and i made slight changes to make it more like the real thing. (i.e. instead of using church organ, im using accordian with the GM engine, but i also use the reed organ on Yamaha XG engines...which i think whoever wrote Legends music used anyway)

When you're ready, I'd love to have the updated version!

By the way, I'm going to move this to the Pit, because it doesn't exactly discuss the show.
Title: temple run music
Post by: divvy on January 09, 2007, 08:51:35 AM
I just sent my newer versions to Ed just now. I think that he'll upload it soon...hopefully
Title: temple run music
Post by: nicklegends on January 09, 2007, 01:55:56 PM
Yup, when I get home.
Title: temple run music
Post by: divvy on January 11, 2007, 09:35:47 AM
So what do y'all think of the newer version?
Title: temple run music
Post by: Notundercovercop327 on January 11, 2007, 11:38:57 AM
I like it. I am glad that it is down to three minutes. If i may make a suggestion. I don't care when its done but I just want to infer about someone doing the music for the victory salute whenever Someone makes it out of olmecs temple. I don't want it done terribly badly i just wanted to lay the idea out there.
Title: temple run music
Post by: silversnakeman on January 13, 2007, 05:33:01 PM
I like it. However, it was a different instrument than an organ.
Title: temple run music
Post by: divvy on January 14, 2007, 09:07:39 AM
what was it and ill see if i can make the changes
Title: temple run music
Post by: silversnakeman on January 14, 2007, 06:37:46 PM
it was an acordian... i think
Title: temple run music
Post by: nicklegends on January 14, 2007, 08:12:32 PM
Quote from: ""silversnakeman""
it was an acordian... i think

Noooooooooooooooooooo. It was definitely a type of organ--an accordion... well, I can't even begin to say how different that would sound. :P
Title: temple run music
Post by: AdvanceStratagist on January 15, 2007, 12:42:04 PM
a polka temple run?  That already sounds like a bad idea.  Maybe it's a synthesizer though?

And now because I'm bored....

It's time for another good idea, bad idea.

Good idea:  Playing the accordian at a polka party.
Bad idea:  Playing the accordian anywhere else.

This has been another good idea, bad idea.
Title: temple run music
Post by: The Dark Enforcer on July 24, 2007, 10:05:00 PM
Quote from: ""outer space""
I don't care when its done but I just want to infer about someone doing the music for the victory salute whenever Someone makes it out of olmecs temple. I don't want it done terribly badly i just wanted to lay the idea out there.


I'm with OS here! I ABSOLUTELY ADORE the victory salute, so if someone can come up with it I'd be MOST GRATEFUL.