Author Topic: Steps Of Knowledge Question...  (Read 830 times)

Offline TBombMadeEZ

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
Steps Of Knowledge Question...
« on: September 06, 2006, 06:56:01 PM »
Did they add little buttons on the "ancient markings" in the third season?  Or did they have them in the 2nd season as well?

I was watching a steps of knowledge the other day, and the kid stomped on it three times before it lit up, so it's a good idea to change it.

That brings me to another question.  I thought I read an interview where there was a guy who "ran" the steps of knowledge. What exactly does he do?

And I don't really know how, in any game show, what exactly happens when a player rings in, and all the others are cut off from ringing in.

Some help por favor?

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 03:16:09 AM »
They had the buttons in season 2 as well. I would've guessed that the steps were on a system where the first team to ring in would light up and the rest would be cut off, but i have no idea.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 07:21:38 AM »
Quote from: ""The Purple Parrot""
They had the buttons in season 2 as well. I would've guessed that the steps were on a system where the first team to ring in would light up and the rest would be cut off, but i have no idea.

Really? I thought only season 3 had them...

As far as the lighting system, it is my understanding that the first button press after Olmec finishes the question lights up the step beneath, but they have to be reset right after that team answers by the person overseeing the steps.

Yeah, in the first season especially, players really had to stomp down hard on the markings... I suppose they weren't quite sensitive enough. The third season buttons cleared that problem.

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 10:47:12 AM »
Hmmm, you're right, i was wrong. There's no buttons on the second season steps either. However, the redness in the center of the markings are considerably darker.