Author Topic: Early shows vs late ones  (Read 895 times)

Offline PurpleParrotFan

• Purple Parrot
    • View Profile
Early shows vs late ones
« on: August 06, 2006, 07:33:21 PM »
I'm glad the show progressed over its run because watching tonight's (Dead Man's Hand and Blackbeard's Map) showed how much better it got.

Things I like better about later shows:

1. Olmec losing the incene pillars or whatever those were and getting his gate, and doing more announcing instead of Kirk

2. Less temple guards in the Ledges/Cave of Sighs...or maybe it was just that later teams usualy headed for the stairs instead. Still it was better not having them get freaked out the moment they set food inside the temple.

3. The map and the pendant icons onscreen-it's easier being able to follow their progress for me, YMMV.

Is it just me or did the Tombs of the Ancient Kings room get bigger when it became The Dark Forest? Or did it just look bigger?

I don't know how the other eps were, It's been too long but tonight's teams couldn't seem to make progress even getting anywhere. I'm glad later teams had better luck.

*wonders why the Parrots never did fare well, or at least they fared worse than all the other teams*

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
Early shows vs late ones
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 07:46:19 PM »
I agree.  It's a night and day difference between each season.

Maybe it's just me, but I also thought Olmec's voice improved.  They added too much reverb in Season 1 that made it sound like a bad carnival ride.  He was too high-pitched and nasal in Season 2.  In Season 3 Olmec's voice became deeper and more resonant, and I thought it sounded terrific.  His line readings are also more confident by this point...for example, he lets loose with some pretty crazy "Shriiiiiiiines" (Secret Map of the Bandit Queen, anyone?)

Offline The 49th Ronin

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
Early shows vs late ones
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 08:01:00 PM »
To me, it looks like the Tomb of Ancient Kings got smaller when it became the Dark Forest.

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
Early shows vs late ones
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 06:31:05 AM »
The room probably remained the same size, but the two big trees make it look smaller.