Author Topic: Least Enthousiastic (Correct me on the spelling) Player  (Read 1122 times)

Least Enthousiastic (Correct me on the spelling) Player
« on: June 18, 2009, 06:48:50 PM »
Most Enthusiastic inspired the topic, Who do you think was the least enthusiastic player?
I'll tell you mine later, my internets real slow.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 09:43:23 PM »
I always found Larry from, "Mysterious Manuscript of Mary Shelley" pretty less than enthusiastic. And Mitchell from, "Moccasins of Geronimo" lacked empathy too.

btw, its "enthusiastic." There's no "O" in the word.

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 06:44:30 AM »
The silversnake girl from Snake Bracelet of Clopatra. You just won the whole thing congratulations, And she just stands like she wishes she was somewhere else.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Least Enthousiastic (Correct me on the spelling) Player
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 08:38:01 PM »
*Major Bump* (Which is becoming a trend here lately) :lol:

I'm surprised this thread wasn't more popular. Anyways, I also agree that Tracy from Snake Bracelet was unenthusiastic. She just won the whole thing, and she doesn't even crack a smile. Hello, at least LOOK like you're excited to be on the show. :roll:

Here are some other contestants I found unenthusiastic:
- Red Jaguar boy from Atocha: You made it to the temple games round at least, yet he literally does not cracked a smile even once the entire episode. He looked like he was sad the entire time. I'm glad Ty and Jennifer beat him and his partner in the temple games.
- Purple Parrot girl from Golden Goblet: Aside from a few half assed smiles she gave, she looked like she'd rather be elsewhere.
- Blue Barracuda girl from Genghis Khan: She looked embarrassed to be on the show, and she just looked like a stand offish, snobbish person in general. Plus, she didn't even try in her temple games, and she even ranked terribly in my player rankings of her. Just like with the Red Jaguars in Atocha, I'm glad her team didn't make it to the temple.
- Red Jaguar girl from Bandit Queen: Even in Zac's interview, he says Jackie was quiet and moody the whole time. And it shows, it really does. Even to the point where her parents were saying "Smile Jackie!" to the camera.
- Shane from Tall Turban: He just looked bored on the show. He barely smiled at all the whole episode.
- Danielle from Iron Mask: Don't know if anyone agrees with me on this, but she kind of looked like she didn't want to be on the show. I mean, her team dominated nearly every episode, but I don't even recall her cracking even one smile. I don't know, she looked like she'd rather be elsewhere.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting EVERY contestant to be Elisa or Kate enthusiastic. But you should at least look like you want to be on the show, whether you make it to the temple or not. Thoughts?

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 12:58:18 AM »
It was hard to enjoy a lot of the Season 1 runs because the contestants totally lacked enthusiasm and I don't remember half of them even smiling. I know the first season of the show was kind of tough due to how long it took to produce some of those episodes, but most of those contestants were so boring. This made me appreciate the ones that were actually enthusiastic, even though they were rare in Season 1.

Season 2 was a little better, but we still had some boring contestants. I agree that Tracy from Snake Bracelet was the least enthusiastic. She is the first one that comes to mind when someone brings this up. She didn't even crack a smile. She looked very awkward in this episode. Also, I agree with Shane from Ahmed Baba also. One of the most boring Season 2 contestants. To add to PPF's list:

- Ron (Anne Bonny): Did this kid even speak at all? Actually, don't speak at all. You did not belong in the temple.
- Claude (Lost Lion Tail): Another kid that didn't speak in this episode. Actually, it was like he never tried at all.
- Mitchell (Moccasin): Another boring contestant that just walked through the temple and won with an easy layout. At least Jeremy from Silk Ladder felt accomplished. :roll:
- Pat (Xerxes): Why are you so serious looking?

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 01:06:31 AM »
Ron answered at least one question on the steps, so he DID speak once. And I agree with your list.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 01:17:30 AM »
As much as I like these two, Nate and Lissy from Queen Boadicea strike me as a team that was kind of boring. Especially Nate, he always looked like he never wanted to be there in the first place. Especially with all of the awkward faces he was making.

Also, Jamie from Ahmed Baba was pretty tame compared to her brother Joel in the Babe the Ox episode. I honestly would've never guessed that they were brother and sister.  :o

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2014, 01:23:17 AM »
Now you're getting it. Nate and Lissy really weren't that impressive. ;) In all seriousness, I agree with that too. Nate seemed to genuinely enjoy himself, but Lissy not so much. Nate did make some strange faces too. :lol:

And Joel and Jamie do look alike, if you're going by resemblance. But going by enthusiasm, I agree. Jamie seemed to have a lot less enthusiasm than Joel did. Though compared to Shane, she was another Kate. O_O

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2014, 04:28:05 PM »
What about Jackie from Oracle Bowl? I don't think she's been mentioned yet in this thread. She smiled a few times, but it looked like she didn't want to be on the show at all. And it didn't help that she was so clueless. Does anyone agree with me here? ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2014, 04:34:09 PM »
I definitely agree with Jackie. If you look at her during the temple games interview, she looks pissed and doesn't want to be there. Of course, she could've been tired because the Season 1 contestants had some long days. But still, she looked very bored and never really tried in this episode. I mean Shane was the one that answered all the questions in the Steps and laid a good path for Jackie. Jackie didn't even try in the temple at all and was super slow.  :oops:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2014, 04:36:58 PM »
She could've been tired, like most contestants on the show were. But yeah, at least look like you're having fun on the show. And she obviously did not pay any attention to when Shane was in the temple. Evident in how she detoured in the Gargoyle Room, and walked through the whole temple like a slow moving rock. I remember someone here once said "Jackie looks like a dunce." And I agree with them too. :lol: