Author Topic: 9/11 Five Years  (Read 1333 times)

Offline PhantomBPR

• Temple God
  • Kirk Level
    • View Profile
9/11 Five Years
« on: September 11, 2006, 03:39:47 PM »
Well today marks the five year anniversary of September 11th 2001. Just thought we should have a memorial post.
Crazy, but that's how it goes.

You don't do nothing you don't wanna do
Be nothing phony about you
Keeping it real and do what you feel
You gotta eat
You gott eat Checkers!

Offline Kirk Fogg's Wife

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
    • http://nickgas.proboards.com/index.cgi
9/11 Five Years
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 03:55:39 PM »
I still can't believe it has been five years since that happened. By the way I was a Senior at Chico High School in Chico, California that day and in every single one of my classes we watched it on the news. Well in my B Period class which was Floral Design we didn't have a tv but we heard it on the radio.

9/11 Five Years
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 04:18:50 PM »
come on lets hear everyones nine/eleven story

unless its to sad for you to say

heres mine: i just got back from gym class when my teacher in the happiest mood ive ever seen said "you know the world trade centers in new york well someone just drove a plane into both buildings" she was bizarley happy. but not in the miniacle evil way in the truma something bad copping mechanizim way

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
9/11 Five Years
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 04:31:15 PM »
It was my first day of high school. We went home early. :D

Offline Kirk Fogg's Wife

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
    • http://nickgas.proboards.com/index.cgi
9/11 Five Years
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 05:11:40 PM »
I forgot to mention that we had "Back to School Night on that tragic day.

Offline PhantomBPR

• Temple God
  • Kirk Level
    • View Profile
9/11 Five Years
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2006, 05:25:24 PM »
Where was I when the world stopped turning that September day, you ask?

I was watching a movie in my 5th grade class. It was some cheap ass cartoon about the dangers of pot. I remember as they were turning on the VCR, the Trade Centers were on every channle, but they changed it very quickly, appearently, they didn't want us to know (might I add, I lived in a military town at that time, and several of my friend's parents were in the military). I didn't really figure out what happened till I got home. The only other parts about that day I remember is I made my mom stop at Sonic and i got a cherry slush, and surprisingly, I recieved a videogame I ordered off of eBay (Gomeon's Great Adventures) you'd think the mail would stop. Oh, and i check some of the channles, and most of the home shopping networks were off the air in memorial, they played some cheap ass music, and as I sipped my cherry slush and ran Gomeon around fictional Japan and pondered the events of the tragic day I thought to myself "5 years from now, I'll make an online forum about Legends of the hidden temple".

Well, there is my story. Not very touching, but that's how 9/11 affected a 10 year old me.

You gotta eat
You gott eat Checkers!

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
9/11 Five Years
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2006, 08:23:30 PM »
On 9/11, I was still in high school at the time, and I saw it on the news when I was leaving for school.  At first I was just stunned more than anything else, in disbelief that something like that could (and did) happen.  I was in school the whole day, with all teachers turning on the news, much of which was very difficult to watch.  I know it's a cliche at this point, but I will never forget that day.

Offline The Mandarin Hand

• Green Monkey
  • Benzibab.
    • View Profile
    • Truncated Power Rangers
9/11 Five Years
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2006, 03:41:42 AM »
Asshole post.

"Never forget 9/11."

How many times have you heard that?  It's hard to forget when the politicians keep bludgeoning it into our head that 9/11 happened.

And it's especially annoying when people use that as an excuse for their actions now.  "Well, we live in a different world after 9/11."  What a bullshit statement.  We live in the same world.  Violence has always been there.  It's just that after the Gulf War, we rode on  the Clinton Administration coat tails of economic success, and we thought we were invincible.  WRONG.

9/11 was the kick-in-the-ass America needed.  Except for the whole people dying part.

Offline PhantomBPR

• Temple God
  • Kirk Level
    • View Profile
9/11 Five Years
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2006, 10:49:36 AM »
Quote from: ""Renegade Pancake""
Asshole post.

"Never forget 9/11."

How many times have you heard that?  It's hard to forget when the politicians keep bludgeoning it into our head that 9/11 happened.

And it's especially annoying when people use that as an excuse for their actions now.  "Well, we live in a different world after 9/11."  What a bullshit statement.  We live in the same world.  Violence has always been there.  It's just that after the Gulf War, we rode on  the Clinton Administration coat tails of economic success, and we thought we were invincible.  WRONG.

9/11 was the kick-in-the-ass America needed.  Except for the whole people dying part.

Ya know, I wish the whole god damn world would explode.

You gotta eat
You gott eat Checkers!

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
9/11 Five Years
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2006, 11:14:15 AM »
OK, so let me get this straight...I'm an asshole for observing the anniversary of a catastrophic event that resulted in the deaths of nearly 3,000 people.  And we as a nation deserved it.

:shock:

I'll just let those words speak for themselves.

Offline PhantomBPR

• Temple God
  • Kirk Level
    • View Profile
9/11 Five Years
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2006, 11:15:56 AM »
Quote from: ""tss1011""
OK, so let me get this straight...I'm an asshole for observing the anniversary of a catastrophic event that resulted in the deaths of nearly 3,000 people.  And we as a nation deserved it.

:shock:

I'll just let those words speak for themselves.

He was calling himself an asshole. It was the title of his post.

You gotta eat
You gott eat Checkers!

Offline The 49th Ronin

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
9/11 Five Years
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2006, 12:05:07 PM »
It's not that I don't want to remember, it's that I don't want to be told to remember.

Offline PhantomBPR

• Temple God
  • Kirk Level
    • View Profile
9/11 Five Years
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2006, 12:19:09 PM »
Quote from: ""Carveyfan""
It's not that I don't want to remember, it's that I don't want to be told to remember.

That's cool, I just made the post out of respect for the fallen.

You gotta eat
You gott eat Checkers!

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
9/11 Five Years
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2006, 12:30:18 PM »
Well... The actual attacks happened sometime around 7:00 for me... My mom woke me up that morning, and the first thing she said to me was an explanation of the attacks that happened. She began crying immediately, and, never having seen her cry before, I knew something colossal had happened...

The TV was on when I paced downstairs with my brother... and... wow, it was simply unlike anything I had ever seen. I was the only one in the house to see the first tower fall on TV, and it was so overwhelming, I didn't know what to think at the time--I couldn't speak.

I still had to go to school that day, which was one of the longest days of my life... I was looking upon other sixth graders in tears, even those generally seen as the tougher type. Our history teacher jumped over the opportunity to relate it to our history lesson, however, so we got an immediate explanation of the attack's likely causes during the 40-minute session in class.

I wondered, in the days after the attack, if I would ever feel the same way again as before the attack had happened, as it seemed like an invisible partition between "pre-" and "post-9/11 worlds" divided everybody's thoughts.

Now, I feel it has been unjustly used as a launching pad into the incredibly stupid war we are currently involved in which has claimed nearly as many American lives as the 9/11 attack, and thousands and thousands of completely innocent people. If crashing into the world trade center is terrorism, then what is bombing other countries? Bush and his administration are terrorists.