Author Topic: The Main Spam Topic 2.0  (Read 1169384 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: The Main Spam Topic 2.0
« Reply #48240 on: December 05, 2013, 10:37:34 PM »
The main thing I want for Christmas is a TV. My current one keeps going out and the picture is way too grainy.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #48241 on: December 05, 2013, 10:38:49 PM »
I've had it for 8 years, and it held up pretty good all this time.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #48242 on: December 05, 2013, 10:59:06 PM »
RIP to Nelson Mandela. I have done quite a few projects over my school years related to him. I am surprised Legends never featured an episode around him. If they could tell stories about talking to horses and broken off body parts, I am sure they could've made one dedicated to Mandela. He will definitely leave behind a great legacy.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #48243 on: December 05, 2013, 11:01:26 PM »
RIP to Nelson Mandela. I have done quite a few projects over my school years related to him. I am surprised Legends never featured an episode around him. If they could tell stories about talking to horses and broken off body parts, I am sure they could've made one dedicated to Mandela. He will definitely leave behind a great legacy.
Yeah, and they even covered an episode of Sir Edmund Hilary when he was still alive. So an episode about Nelson Mandela wouldn't have been far fetched either. And it would've been much better than some legends they did feature.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #48244 on: December 05, 2013, 11:04:51 PM »
Yeah, and they even covered an episode of Sir Edmund Hilary when he was still alive. So an episode about Nelson Mandela wouldn't have been far fetched either. And it would've been much better than some legends they did feature.

I totally forgot Sir Edmund Hillary was alive when his episode was made. :P So yeah, they could've definitely made an episode about Mandela or even Ghandi. It seemed that in Season 2 and Season 3, they focused more on very early historic figures and no one really from the late 1800's or early 1900's. Which is too bad, because some of those legends like Belle Boyd and Charles Lindbergh were pretty interesting.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #48245 on: December 05, 2013, 11:10:49 PM »

I totally forgot Sir Edmund Hillary was alive when his episode was made. :P So yeah, they could've definitely made an episode about Mandela or even Ghandi. It seemed that in Season 2 and Season 3, they focused more on very early historic figures and no one really from the late 1800's or early 1900's. Which is too bad, because some of those legends like Belle Boyd and Charles Lindbergh were pretty interesting.
The only reference Ghandi got was Kirk calling Shane "Ghandi" in the Oracle Bowl episode. Oh well, close enough, right? :P

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #48246 on: December 06, 2013, 01:13:22 AM »
I read the original Boys and Girls elimination thread from way back in the day and I am surprised at most of the votes people made including myself. I forgot about how half of my votes eliminated contestants that took a direct path. Now that I look at those posts, I am sitting here wonder what I was thinking. :P And I am surprised that contestants like Irish and Mike (Sacagawea) made it high on those lists. No way would I ever allow any of those contestants even sniff the top ____ list. :P

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #48247 on: December 06, 2013, 01:17:27 AM »
Yeah, Irish literally made the Top 20, and Jennifer from Blue Pearl was in third place. Of course, almost every single person outerspace voted off was because of the direct path. We might as well call every single player on the show bad just because they take an easier way. :roll:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #48248 on: December 06, 2013, 01:20:32 AM »
Yeah, Irish literally made the Top 20, and Jennifer from Blue Pearl was in third place. Of course, almost every single person outerspace voted off was because of the direct path. We might as well call every single player on the show bad just because they take an easier way. :roll:

I hate to say it, but it always pisses me off when reading his old post. I am surprised I never got into an argument with him in the past. He eliminated A LOT of contestants for the direct path. The most obvious one was Ryan from Gwalior who did not even take a direct path at all. :roll: Some other gems include him eliminating Mike from Thornwood Gavel for the same reasons, while contestants like Ron and Casey remained on the list. And my most favorite one was him eliminating Missy, as if the direct path with the worst thing that she could've done.  :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #48249 on: December 06, 2013, 01:30:15 AM »
Yeah, I hated how he eliminated Missy for "taking the direct path." I just hate how in general Missy gets picked on, all over one piddly little mistake she made. It only wasted what, 5 seconds at most? Yet contestants like Paula and Bobby and are praised for catching lucky breaks in the temple. He also eliminated Sherra and Hallie for the same reasons. If I were running the game today, and outerspace pulled that crap, I would not count his votes, and tell him to pick another reason to eliminate someone. I swear, his reasonings were beyond ridiculous. :roll:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #48250 on: December 06, 2013, 01:37:10 AM »
There is no way that Sherra should be blamed for the direct path. If a contestant is forced to take a path that is on the same floor as the artifact, then they are not guilty of taking a direct path in my book. What else was Sherra to do? Waste time like Olivia and climb up the wall when no doors were open? He did the same thing for Leah from Belle Boyd in another topic even though only the upper doors opened for her. :roll: And Chris from Mush Pot Hat also got eliminated for the same reason, even though his path was pretty much all the way to the Viper's Nest.

And I don't really blame Hallie either, even though she could've climbed the King's Storeroom. In all honesty, it was probably easier for teams to simply enter the bottom floor rather than waste time climbing the walls. The only time that a direct path really bothered me was when it was too obvious and hurt the team's chance at winning. Electrified Key, Bonnet, Golden Ship, and Bifocal Monocle are the ones that come to mind. Although Missy should've known better that the Medusa's Lair door should not have opened, it had no real change on the final outcome of the run and hence is irrelevant to her performance in my eyes.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #48251 on: December 06, 2013, 01:46:08 AM »
Plus, outerspace literally started a topic listing ALL the players who took the direct path. He listed almost every single contestant on the show. Even players like Nick from Great Seal and Roberto from Leonardo Da Vinci. And they weren't even frontrunners for crying out loud! We can't call every player on the show bad just because "they take the direct path." Like you said, sometimes it's just easier to take the bottom floor. Even if it truly costs you a win. It's either that, or pull a Veronica and waste time climbing the walls. :roll:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #48252 on: December 06, 2013, 02:02:32 AM »
Plus, outerspace literally started a topic listing ALL the players who took the direct path. He listed almost every single contestant on the show. Even players like Nick from Great Seal and Roberto from Leonardo Da Vinci. And they weren't even frontrunners for crying out loud! We can't call every player on the show bad just because "they take the direct path." Like you said, sometimes it's just easier to take the bottom floor. Even if it truly costs you a win. It's either that, or pull a Veronica and waste time climbing the walls. :roll:

That's the big list that had Ryan (Gwalior), Leah (Belle Boyd), Ty, and Jennifer and Damian on there along with 75% of the other contestants. :roll: First off, I wouldn't even have many S1 contestants on that list. For the most part, they didn't know better. Even runs like Leonardo Da Vinci and Stone Marker where the players would've done better without the direct path I don't blame at all. I blame the ridiculous layout on that. And what is the point of listing temple winners in the first place if they won? Even though Genghis Khan and The Trojan Horseshoe were direct paths, they still won and there is no reason to short-change them for it. I would have 15-20 teams at most on that list. :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #48253 on: December 06, 2013, 02:34:34 AM »
Yeah, Ryan was clearing rubble, boom that's a direct path. And the War Fan kids are a bad team because the production error was all Jeremy's fault. And *gasp* they barely scraped by each round. Plus, Shem and Ashley would've won if they didn't waste time climbing down the Jester's Court ladder. The only players who deserve blame for the direct path are teams like Montezuma, Dolley Madison, and Electrified Key. Since those were players who could've had a solo win, but blew it. And even those teams weren't half bad either. :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #48254 on: December 06, 2013, 10:35:29 PM »
Man, we've had some extremely cold weather lately. We got freezing rain and sleet yesterday, and all the sleet is still on the ground right now. It looks a lot like snow too.