Author Topic: Legend of Zelda Discussion Topic  (Read 23472 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Legend of Zelda Discussion Topic
« Reply #330 on: September 03, 2013, 10:34:44 PM »
Oh yeah, I forgot the cemetary sidequest to for the Ikana Canyon. I do hate the race against Skull Keeta (sp?). Although I don't think he was a giant Gibdo, the Gibdos were the raping mummies. :P Speaking of Gibdos, I hate the bottom of the well part of Ikana Canyon. Especially when you have to find all that random crap for the Gibdos. Why would they need all that garbage anyways? They are dead. :P

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 03, 2013, 10:47:51 PM »
Thanks for responding to the very same thread I was just reading. ;)

And whoever the skull guy was, (I don't remember the names of these enemies).... yeah I hated racing against him. All for one measly little mask. You might as well go through another temple and fight yet another hard to beat boss. And yeah, the bottom of the Well was both annoying and creepy. Honestly, the only way to get through that is to use cheats. It certainly makes the process go by a whole lot faster.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 22, 2013, 03:20:07 PM »
Just wanted to bump this in case anyone was thinking of replaying the likes of OOT and MM. And in case anyone wanted to record their progress. ;) I know we've already done that in the whole first half of this thread, but we can start over again if anyone's interested. I might replay both games. It might be a few days before I actually get to it though. Plus, I need to download the Project 64 emulator again. :azn:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 15, 2014, 09:38:45 PM »
So yeah, I am revisiting Ocarina of Time right now with a new game. I am going to post my observations throughout Link's journey this time around. Right now I am collecting the tools I need before I can pass Mido. God, I hate the Deku Tree dungeon now for some reason. Maybe because it is too slow? I am kind of loathing to start it. Also, Mido is a huge asshole.  :?

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 15, 2014, 09:42:57 PM »
Yeah, I hate Mido. He looks like a freaking emo kid, and his eyes scare me. And the Deku Tree is just plain boring. Maybe it's because it's the tutorial level and everything is so self explanatory. Either way, I'm probably gonna start playing again soon too. Not today though, probably tomorrow or sometime this weekend. We'll see.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 15, 2014, 09:48:57 PM »
Yeah, I hate Mido. He looks like a freaking emo kid, and his eyes scare me. And the Deku Tree is just plain boring. Maybe it's because it's the tutorial level and everything is so self explanatory. Either way, I'm probably gonna start playing again soon too. Not today though, probably tomorrow or sometime this weekend. We'll see.

Yeah, there is a reason why Saria or the Deku Tree didn't like him. I don't know how he became the "leader" of the Kokiri anyways. The beginning of the game drags on though. And the reason I hate the Deku Tree is for the exact same reason you posted: it is suppose to be a tutorial level. Navi literally stops you before you can complete every action in the game. I wish there was a way to skip all that crap.

Anyways, as we speak, I am talking to the Great Deku Tree right now before I go inside of his body. I remember how depressing it was to listen to his dialogue. Oh well, time to hear "HEY LISTEN" for the next hour. :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 15, 2014, 09:52:54 PM »
What's even more depressing is that the Deku Tree dies after you're done with the level. And guess who blames Link for killing him? You guessed it: MIDO! Oh well, at least Saria was the Forest Temple/Kokori sage instead of him. If that's any sort of consolation.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 15, 2014, 10:23:17 PM »
I remember first playing this game on how tough the Deku Tree was. For example, I was stuck in the room with the Fairy Slingshot for a long time. I didn't realize that you had to shoot down the ladder from the ceiling.  :oops: And the Deku Scrubs or whatever the enemies that shoot the nuts at you were tough too. And they expect you to complete this dungeon with three hearts?  :?

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 15, 2014, 10:42:25 PM »
Well, when I first started replaying this game for the first time (before this thread existed), it took me almost a week to get past Deku Tree. I think I died a good 5 times before I even reached the boss. :lol: Of course, I breezed right through it when I replayed the game again over a year ago. There actually is a way to play this game with literally only three hearts for the entirely of the game. I think they call it "challenge mode." Though I don't know how that can be pulled off, escaping from the bosses unscathed, in the later portions of the game. :shock:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 15, 2014, 11:59:25 PM »
Just completed the Deku Tree dungeon and Queen Gohma. I almost kind of died with her boss fight because of her stupid larva.  :oops: She is a pretty tricky boss for the first boss of the game. Something I learned not too long ago is that you can either stun her with the Fairy Slingshot OR the Deku Nuts. If you use the Deku Nuts though, she won't be stunned for as long.

Here is my score for the Dungeon

Inside the Great Deku Tree - 4/10
+ A nice thorough tutorial for the introduction of the game. Navi explains all of the details that Link must know pretty well.
+ The dungeon is pretty generous when it comes to health as there is plants everywhere that Link can break.
+ The puzzles and enemies are pretty fair for the first dungeon.
+ Queen Gohma was a cool boss and better than some of the bosses later ine the game.
- This dungeon is way too long due to Navi's tutorial. You should be able to skip her crap on subsequent playthroughs.
- The dungeon is a little too challenging for the first dungeon. Especially when Link only has three hearts and a very limited weapon choice.
- The puzzles were repetitive and boring. I mean all of them were "Grab a stick and light a torch".
- There are some areas when you first play through it where you have no idea what to do. (Slingshot room, giant spider web in the middle).
- Queen Gohma is a little too much for the first boss.

Time to head out for Hyrule Field.  :mrchameleon:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 16, 2014, 12:42:20 AM »
I see you were inspired to score the level like with our episode rankings. :mrchameleon: I agree with your assessment too, though I always thought the Deku Tree was a cakewalk. I'm definitely gonna start playing tomorrow, and I'm already gonna need to haul ass to catch up to you. :lol:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 16, 2014, 12:49:41 AM »
It won't take long to catch up where I am.  :mrred:  I just finished talking to another beloved OoT, the broken record owl.  :roll:  :roll:  Why did the producers include the option of him repeating himself again? And even worse, the option for him to repeat himself is the first button when he asks the question.  :| Next up is Kakariko Village. I will probably collect the stupid chickens for the lady to get my bottle and then visit little Zelda in the castle.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 16, 2014, 12:57:45 AM »
God, don't get me started on that stupid owl. I hate that thing with a passion. Stop following me around and let me play the game dammit! :x And don't forget to randomly dilly dally around all of Hyrule Field and Kakariko Village. And don't forget to terrorize the poor chicken while you're there too. :lol: Here's a tip for you: If you're being chased by the cuccos, exit through the graveyard, NOT towards Hyrule Field. I used to make that mistake all the time as a kid, and I died A LOT because of it. XD

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 16, 2014, 08:45:17 PM »
I am about to enter Hyrule Castle and visit the beloved Princess Zelda. I spent the whole 1.5 tying up lose ends though. Like I got the bottle or collecting all the chickens and played some of the games in Hyrule Castle town to get some upgrades and heart pieces. Now I have 5 heart pieces and about to wake up Talon before I go pass the incompetent castle guards. :P

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 16, 2014, 08:47:55 PM »
And I just finished beating Gohma. :mrgreen: She was easy as heck, though I almost died at one point standing to close to her. Now it'll be my turn to dilly dally around Kakariko, and talk to the princess of course. I knew the beginning portions of the game would be a breeze :P