Author Topic: Legend of Zelda Discussion Topic  (Read 23472 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Legend of Zelda Discussion Topic
« Reply #180 on: July 30, 2012, 11:49:44 AM »
Yeah the battle against Goht is extremely easy for me as well. I mean the boss is practically running from you! The only thing you need to worry about more is running out of magic, but there is enough there to pretty much last for the whole battle. In the end, I defeated him with no problems an got Goht's remains. Before I head to Great Bay though, I need to collect more masks and go to Romani Ranch and get my Epona back. I know that I can get the Bremen Mask at Romani Ranch, so I shall do that.

And, has anyone ever taken on the alient invasion at Romani Ranch? You know, the ones that come during the night and try to steal the Romani cows? That was one creepy battle and those aliens look creepy.  :o

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 30, 2012, 03:44:47 PM »
I haven't done the alien invasion thing yet. But yeah, that was creepy. I mean, abducting a cow, seriously? I'll definitely do that after I get my upgraded sword and all the other post-winter stuff at the Snowhead/Goron Village. And I've already gotten the Breman Mask, where you march with those chick turned cuccos. After that, you can get the bunny hood mask. I acquired those two masks just before I went to Snowhead. The bunny hood is my personal favorite. It especially comes in handy when you race with someone.

Also, I've been meaning to share this, but a few days ago I was reading through some Zelda theories. And I came across this thread. The thread itself is pretty outdated, but all the different theories are really interesting. I'll try to find one on Majora's Mask. I can imagine how interesting the theories would be on that game.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 31, 2012, 01:55:59 AM »

Also, I've been meaning to share this, but a few days ago I was reading through some Zelda theories. And I came across this thread. The thread itself is pretty outdated, but all the different theories are really interesting. I'll try to find one on Majora's Mask. I can imagine how interesting the theories would be on that game.

I like reading those kinds of threads because you can learn something about a game that you didn't already know. And then it also pools other individual's ideas together, so you can come up with some good theories. That thread brings up some interesting stuff that I didn't really know. Like I didn't know that there was a tree in Lake Hylia with claw marks on it. Or maybe I just haven't noticed it one recent playthroughs. They also brought up a good point about Malon's mom. I mean they couldn't mention her fate?

Although some of those theories are just silly. One of them says that Nabooru's gift to Child Link was a sexual favor? Really? That is disgusting and Nintendo would never put such a twisted idea into any of their games. Even an M rated game wouldn't have some disgusting like that. I always thought the favor was some kind of treasure. What is wrong with some people? :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 31, 2012, 02:17:37 AM »
Yeah, that Nabooru one was so ridiculous. Talk about over analyzing a relationship between a kid and some sage. It was so hilariously bad, like Nintendo would let something like that slip past the radar. :roll: :lol: And I'm pretty sure the gift/favor were those golden gauttnets (sp?). Though Link doesn't get them until just before he fights the final boss.

Also, here's one on Majora's Mask. This theory in particular pertains to the Happy Mask Salesman. Unlike the previous thread, this one is much more recent. This one is a great read, very twisted and rather depressing if you really think about it.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 31, 2012, 04:13:18 PM »
Wow, I never thought of the Happy Masks Salesman collecting masks of dead souls.  :shock: I know that Links transformation masks like the Deku, Goron, and Zora were all once living souls placed into masks. But once plays the Song of Healing for them, the souls are healed and are turned into masks.This theory makes sense very much if you think about it. That must mean all the masks that the Happy Masks Salesman is carrying are dead souls sealed into masks. But he is the one that puts these souls to rest with his Song of Healing, so his cause is a good one.  I can't believe I noticed this before and it masks very much sense.

MM has many good theories. One of my favorite is the "Stone Tower of Babel" theory that you can find through Google. It is a very interesting theory and a good read on top of that. The theory deals with that the Stone Tower Temple was built to defy the Three Godesses. Its kind of a long read, but worth it nevertheless.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 01, 2012, 01:59:01 AM »
Here's one thing I find interesting. Why is Link supposedly in excruciating pain when putting on the transforming masks? Is it the awkward transformation into the bodies? If yes, that would make sense too. But it's sort of hard to explain. And I haven't read the Stone Tower Temple theory yet. But I'll be sure to google it and read it over, even if it is a lengthy read.

Anyways, I should give a progress report on my gameplay as of now:
- Got the gilded sword, and won the Goron race. I just barely won the latter, so I was glad to get that out of the way.
- Did the alien challenge in Romani Ranch. Which was easier than I expected. And got the Romani mask, so now I can enter that Milk club. And yes, I got Epona back and learned Epona's song as well. Life gets so much better once you get her back.
- Went to Ikana Graveyard to race that giant skeleton for the Captain's Mask. And GOOD LORD is this race a chore to finish. I seriously had to start all over three times just to get it right. It is very frustrating. Though if you play Inverted Song of Time and wear bunny hood, you should do okay. Easily one of the hardest masks to earn ever. :roll:
- Went into the graves, mask in hand. The first night you learn Song of Storms, second night you get a heart piece. And on the third night you have to do a grave digging activity with Dampe. It was so frustrating him doing the wrong way and getting caught by the Wallmasters every 5 seconds, that I just gave up.
- Went to Great Bay today, for the hookshot in the Gerudo/Pirate fortress. Wearing the Stone Mask helps wonders, the Gerudo guards don't suspect a thing.
- I also did that challenge at Pinnacle Rock where you reunite those seahorses. Man, that was a tedious challenge. Last time I replayed this, I gave up because I found it so hard. But it's not so hard as it is time consuming. I finally killed all those huge creatures, and got a heart piece from it. How I even finished that challenge is beyond me.
- Oh yeah, and I collected all the Zora eggs and learned the "New Wave Bossa Nova" song. So I've basically covered every bit of the main portion of Great Bay.

And, that's my progress in a nutshell. :P Next I'll snatch up some more heart pieces (already completed yet another container today). Then, I'll cover the latter portion of Great Bay, where all the Zoras are with that band. I should reach Great Bay temple by the end of the week.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 02:00:30 AM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 01, 2012, 11:59:02 AM »
Wait, you were able to enter Ikana Canyon before going into Great Bay? I thought you needed the Garo Mask to get to Ikana Canyon? Unless I am wrong though, because I thought the Garo Mask is needed for that creepy guy to pull up that tree that requires you to Hookshot in order to get to the canyon.

But yeah, I have a lot of progress to make in order to catch up to you. I just got the Zora Mask from Mikau and about to enter Zora's Domain. Of course, Lulu is missing her eggs and you have to find them in the Pirate's Hideout. Why couldn't Ruto be more like Lulu? She is easily more likeable than Ruto will ever be. And poor Mikau died while trying to get her eggs back. :cry:

So yeah, I have to go to the Pirate Fortress and get Lulu's eggs first before going into Great Bay Temple. Of course, I need to remember to bring an Empty Bottle with me though because last time I forgot that, I had to backtrack and get a couple of bottles. And there are also a couple of bottles in the depths of Great Bay too.

And also, why is there Like Likes at the bottom of Great Bay? I always thought that was random and they are pretty annoying too. :roll:

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #187 on: August 01, 2012, 01:01:57 PM »
You can go to Ikana graveyard before Great Bay. Besides, you get an extra bottle. It should be the fourth one, giving you enough for the Zora eggs so you don't have to go in and out.
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 01, 2012, 04:45:20 PM »
Yeah, that's what I did. I got the fourth bottle when I went to the Ikana Graveyard. You just can't go to the Ikana Tower itself unless you have the Garo mask. The graveyard and tower are two completely different places.

And yeah, it was sad to see Mikau die. Though I found it interesting how he still had the energy to play the guitar to explain the situation, despite being near death. I completely agree about Lulu too. Despite the fact that she couldn't talk, she was MUCH more tolerable than Ruto. Plus, unlike Ruto, she actually wore clothes. She didn't look like she was butt naked 24/7.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 02, 2012, 12:58:46 PM »
Clothed Lulu definitely looks better than a naked Ruto. And she doesn't come with a father that takes half a minute to move and makes weird butt noises. :roll:

So, I have finally collected all the Zora Eggs from the Pirate Fortress and now I am collecting the ones from the bottom of Great Bay. Those two aren't too bad, its just a matter of trying to avoid being hit by those eels. After that, I can learn the New Wave Boss Nova and go to the Great Bay Temple. Good riddance also, because I can't wait until I get this temple out of the way. :roll:

And after that, I can enter my most favorite part of the game - Ikana Canyon!  :mrred: :mrred: :mrred: :mrred: :mrred:

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #190 on: August 02, 2012, 01:33:58 PM »
It's almost 21 December for the whole world. The international date line will pass in five minutes. While that happens...

Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 02, 2012, 03:27:33 PM »
Oh yeah, December 21, the day the world "ends." :P

So, I have finally collected all the Zora Eggs from the Pirate Fortress and now I am collecting the ones from the bottom of Great Bay. Those two aren't too bad, its just a matter of trying to avoid being hit by those eels. After that, I can learn the New Wave Boss Nova and go to the Great Bay Temple. Good riddance also, because I can't wait until I get this temple out of the way. :roll:

And after that, I can enter my most favorite part of the game - Ikana Canyon!  :mrred: :mrred: :mrred: :mrred: :mrred:
I'm done with all the "Great Bay" errands, including playing the "New Wave" song to Lulu. I've also completed the skulltula house in Great Bay and got the maximum extension on my wallet. I had to start over though because A. I ran out of time (you can only get the prize on the first day or night) and B. I couldn't find one more skulltula. So then I gave up, went back in time, and then came back and re did it. The second time was a breeze, and I had plenty of time to spare. Though the first time around I got a heart piece at the tippity top room of the house. It's the one where you shoot the colored masks and talk to those skull kids. So tonight I can start Great Bay Temple, a temple I'm not looking forward to. I should stock up on fairy jars too when I get to the boss. :roll:

And I can't wait to explore the rest of Ikana too. There are some very interesting tasks you can do there.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 03, 2012, 02:07:44 AM »
So I was off of work today and determined to defeat the Great Bay Temple, so I must say that this temple makes the Water Temple look like "Inside the Great Deku Tree".  :x Really, the whole current changing thing was such a headache. And then you have that giant room with all those switches to mess around with also. And if that is bad enough, the mini-boss for this dungeon is tedious and time-consuming. You know, the one with the giant eyeball? And of course, we have to face Wizzrobe for the millionth time too. And after going through all of that, I am died with Gyorg. Luckily, he is easier to take down with Zora Link's boomerangs.

I am so glad to get all of that done with. Thank God for the Inverted Song of Time, or else I don't see how anyone could beat that temple in a normal cycle. But it is worth completing that dungeon because next up is Ikana Canyon! But first, I must get the Garo Mask from the Gorman Brothers...

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 03, 2012, 02:39:07 AM »
Okay, you must have read my mind or something. Because I made that exact same "Deku Tree" comparison with the Water Temple(s). :shock:

But seriously though, this temple is a CHORE to get through. Having to change the water cycles, getting relentlessly attacked by all those annoying skull fishes, and BOTH mini bosses are time consuming and tedious. The former boss takes waaaaay too long to take down. First, you have to remove all those bubbles. If you use fire arrows they're much easier. Then you have to take the damn wart down itself. And it doesn't help that it keeps moving around and you can't aim his eye. Meh, I guess it's worth it for the ice arrows. And the second mini boss is even worse. Seriously, that was way too hard for a mini boss. You have to quickly shoot up at the ceiling. Or the frog will trap you in his dirty bubble and throw you around the room. Maybe it's to foreshadow what the boss is gonna be like? And to think, all that for a boss key too.

And don't even get me started on the boss. Maybe I'm wrong on this, but Gyorg has got to be by far, the worst boss in ANY Zelda game. Really, he is just plain unbeatable, no matter what method you use. I tried hitting him with arrows, used the boomerangs on Link. I would be as far away from him as possible, and he would still try to eat me. Naturally, I also died trying to take him down. Just like last time, Gyrog is responsible for giving me my first death in the whole game. And even worse, I ended up running low on time. It was 8 PM on the final night when I blew it with Gyorg. I basically had no choice but to go back in time. So now I have to do the whole temple all over again. :roll: That means I have to mess with the switches, round up all the fairies, and waste yet ANOTHER day traversing nearly every room. I am so pissed, now I have fallen behind because I can't take down some STUPID fish. Hardest boss ever, you have to have some serious skill to beat that thing no problem. And even other message boards and blogs say they've had trouble with Gyorg. So I'm definitely not alone. As soon as I'm done with the boss, I am never setting foot in this temple again. And I'm especially not going anywhere near the boss again. :roll:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 04, 2012, 01:20:18 AM »
Well PPF, if you ever have to playthough MM again, you will probably have to face Gyorg again. But yeah, that was a ridiculous boss fight. After going through a tedious dungeon, we get smacked in the face with an even more tedious dungeon.

So I got the Garo Mask and now I am in Ikana Canyon. Man, this place is fucking creepy. I forgot about all those encounters with the Garo Ninjas. But they are fun to battle and I like reading what they had to say. I went to the Ikana Graveyard, but I have not gotten the Captain's Mask yet. Right now, I am trying to save the Gidbo guy from the Gibdos. How did he become like that? But first things first, gotta learn the Song of Storms.