Author Topic: Legend of Zelda Discussion Topic  (Read 23472 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Legend of Zelda Discussion Topic
« Reply #105 on: July 16, 2012, 08:32:02 PM »
Yeah, I love the Forest Temple music. It's one of those melodies I could listen to all day and not get sick of it. And I wish we had a backstory on the temple too. It just has such a creepy feel to it. :o

And I still have yet to fight the boss. Definitely gonna get to that next, and then it's off to Fire Temple.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 17, 2012, 12:02:41 AM »
i got the Boss Key and beat the last Poe Sister, so now I am on my way to fight Phantom Ganon. I have 11 hearts at the moment, so I think that should be more than enough. This temple was more tricky than I remembered, but it was fun to playthrough nevertheless.

Next up I think I am going to go back in time and get the Lens of Truth from the Bottom of the Well and then go onto the Water Temple. I just want to get that out of the way and collect more Heart Pieces as a Child.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 17, 2012, 01:17:32 AM »
Well, as for my follow up:

- Beat Forest Temple's boss. It was pretty hard, but not as bad as it was last time I played it. The first bit though is SO ANNOYING. You really have to be fast with the arrows to attract Ganon down on the ground. Playing "tennis" with the energy blasts are pretty annoying, but slashing him when HE gets electrocuted is pretty easy. I ended up using 2/3 of my fairy jars. Man, I'm surprised I didn't die at all. :o
- I find it pretty funny how Daurina's kid is named after Link (well, the name you gave him). I could have done without the kid's incessant crying while explaining the situation though.
- Fire Temple is so tedious to get through. It's not as bad as I remembered, but there is so much to go through. I especially hate that room with the "fire" maze. I can't tell you how many times I got health deducted by running the wrong way. :roll:
- I surprisingly had little trouble with the "getting the hammer" room. I seriously got it on my second try, without the use of ANY cheats. You just have to be fast and NOT think about falling. That helped a lot with me.
- The "fire dancing" mini bosses are pretty funny. Easy to beat, but a little irritating running around the room trying to kill it. At one point, I ran out of bombs and had to wrap back to Death Mountain Crater just to stock up. When you beat it the second time, you get a butt load of bombs. So that sort of makes up for it.
- The last room I covered was on the 5th floor, where I thought I had forgotten to free a stray Goron. But when I got there and opened the chest, all I got was 200 rupees. But here's the catch, I was already maxed out on Rupees anyways. So that was a big fat waste of time on my part. -_-

Overall, I covered every aspect of the Fire Temple, and just have the boss left to beat. I'm not looking forward to this boss either. I know it's sort of an easy one, but having to play "whack a mole" just to kill it is gonna be quite annoying. As soon as I'm done with Fire Temple, I'm gonna go to the Fairy Fountain at Death Mountain Crater and get an extension on my magic meter. Something I so desperately need. Then, I'm gonna get some more heart pieces. Some I'll have to travel back in time as a kid to get. I might get the Lens of Truth like TRJ, so I can play that arcade game at the market. Then, it's Water Temple time. And I have 10 hearts currently. And that's my progress report. :P

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 17, 2012, 11:10:49 AM »
I did manage to beat Phantom Ganon last night, but it took a whole fairy in order to get through him. I was having trouble with the "tennis" portion of the fight and just kept getting hit by his energy blasts. But once I got the hang of it, then I didn't have too much problem. Glad to get that boss out of the way.

Next up I am going to get the Lens of Truth from the Bottom of the Well rather than go right to the Ice Cavern. There are also more Magic Beans I like to plant as a Child and get more Heart Pieces.

And PPF, I have done that before where I got those Huge Rupees even though my wallet was full. But truth be told, its so easy to get rupees in this game that I wouldn't worry about it too much. ;)

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #109 on: July 17, 2012, 12:11:54 PM »
I did manage to beat Phantom Ganon last night, but it took a whole fairy in order to get through him. I was having trouble with the "tennis" portion of the fight and just kept getting hit by his energy blasts. But once I got the hang of it, then I didn't have too much problem. Glad to get that boss out of the way.

Next up I am going to get the Lens of Truth from the Bottom of the Well rather than go right to the Ice Cavern. There are also more Magic Beans I like to plant as a Child and get more Heart Pieces.

And PPF, I have done that before where I got those Huge Rupees even though my wallet was full. But truth be told, its so easy to get rupees in this game that I wouldn't worry about it too much. ;)
It was annoying. Apparently, the trick is to not stand in the center. In both phases.

Btw, my progress at the end:
39 Skulttulas
16 Heart pieces
8 Heart containers
Biggoron Sword
All Fairy Upgrades

If this were Majora's Mask, you'd be wishing for Rupees. Let's warp back to the beginning and lose all weapons and money. And we'll add another irritating fairy named Tatl. Sorry, can I have Midna instead?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 12:34:10 PM by Red Jaguars Fan »
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 17, 2012, 03:28:37 PM »
Yeah, that's probably what I'm going to do next once I go back in time. I want to plant one at Death Mountain Crater, even though as a kid you'll be under a time frame there. And yes I have one magic bean thing that I can plant that I still haven't used. I forgot about Ice Cavern too. When I was doing Jabu Jabu (well, before I started that dungeon), I wandered in there by accident. I didn't last too long in there, but I'll be sure to go there before Water Temple. Since that's where you get the Iron Boots and Blue tunic.

Yeah, it's pretty annoying. But yeah, it's so easy to get Rupees like you said. Hell, you don't get an extension on the Wallet (carrying 500 Rupees) until the end of the game. So, collecting them isn't too big of a deal.

If this were Majora's Mask, you'd be wishing for Rupees. Let's warp back to the beginning and lose all weapons and money. And we'll add another irritating fairy named Tatl. Sorry, can I have Midna instead?
That is pretty annoying too. Losing everything when you go back in time. I agree about Tatl too, though I kind of like how Tatl and Tael are named. :lol:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 18, 2012, 12:58:47 AM »
The whole rupee and weapon ammo losing didn't really bother me in Majora's Mask. You had the Rupee Bank in Clock Town and you can find ammunition for your weapons easily. But I didn't like Tatl either, she was too snippy compared to Navi. Although I agree that Midna from Twilight Princess was the best.

And right now I just got done with the Bottom of the Well. All I have to say is... ARGH!!!!!!!!!!1  :x :x :x

You don't know how many times I have fell into those stupid invisible holes in the floor while trying to find the Room with the Lens of Truth. And worst of all, you always land next to a stupid ReDead when you fall down. There is so many holes that its easy to screw-up. And wow, this dungeon was more creepier than I remembered. Mounds of bones, coffins, torture devices, excessive blood? And this was rated "E" for Everyone?!

The Dead Hand is also freaking creepy. I didn't have too much trouble with him. And boy was I happy when I got the Lens of Truth! It really does make life so much easier for the Well and outside of it. Now I am about to cheat my way through the Treasure Chest game! :mrred:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 18, 2012, 01:16:31 AM »
Ugh, TOTAL WORD on the Bottom of the Well. Man, that was such a chore to get through. :roll: I lost count how many times I fell through those invisible holes before I got Lens of Truth. And when I left, I'm pretty sure there were 3 other chests I still had yet to open up. But by then, I was so fed up with the place that I ignored them. And yeah, those Redeads were annoying. I even got humped by one at least twice. Though if you play Sun's Song then slash them, you'll be okay. Creepy dungeon indeed.

And yes, Lens of Truth helps a lot. And yes, I also went straight to the market to cheat through the Treasure Chest game. :lol: I now have 12 hearts, and I have one more piece to go before I complete yet another heart container. Oh, and yes I beat the Fire Temple boss. It was much easier than last playthrough, but still pretty annoying to kill. I did have to use 1 out of the 2 fairy jars I had. Other than that, it was no problem. Ice Cavern was pretty easy, albeit annoying with every little enemy freezing you. So now I have my Iron Boots and the Water tunic. Which btw is my hands down favorite tunic ever. It looks great on Link, I'm not even kidding you. I have at least entered Water Temple, which will be my starting point next game. And I'm not quite looking forward to it, needless to say.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 18, 2012, 10:57:14 AM »
I don't mind the Ice Cavern too much, except for in that room where you must push that giant block around. The enemies are extremely annoying like the Ice Bats and Freezards, but they aren't too hard to take down either. I will probably head there next once I fix up some loose ends as a Child.

And yes, I am kind of looking forward to getting the Water Temple out of the way. But more like I want to get the Dark Link fight out of the way.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 18, 2012, 03:51:31 PM »
Yeah, the ice block room was sort of hard. I did get it on my second or third try, which was much better than how I did last time I replayed. :lol: The room I hated most was the one where you get the map. Too many Ice bats that attack you every 3 seconds. I hope you know which room I'm referring too. And yeah, I remember the mini boss, Dark Link. I probably should have gotten some fairies for when I reach that point too. Meh, maybe I'll teleport to Lake Hylia and get a couple just to be safe.

Also, I meant to ask this sooner, but have any of you attempted the Biggorn Sword yet? It's a REALLY tedious trade off where you have to traverse nearly the whole game just to get it. And then it takes a few more days just for it to be finished. I might get it as soon as I'm done with Water Temple, but I probably should have gotten it earlier. :P

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 19, 2012, 02:08:35 AM »
I honestly haven't even thought about the Biggoron Sword at all. I know the quest is kind of long and tedious and I don't even remember where the begin. I think you have to start with Anju in Kakariko Village and get Cojiro aka the blue Cucco? But I don't think I will bother with that one now because the last part of the quest involves getting the Eyedrops all the way to the top of Death Mountain, and that is a bitch to do. But I might attempt that after the Water Temple.

So yeah, I just finished the Ice Cavern and I totally forgot that you encounter Sheik there. I learned the Serenade of Water and got the Iron Boots. I also unthawed the Squeaky Butt King and got the Zora Tunic. Next up is to go to the Water Temple, which I have not entered yet. I need to remember to get the Fire Arrows after beating the Water Temple...  :?

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 19, 2012, 02:23:35 AM »
Yeah, you start by going to Kakariko by getting that cucco. I've already acquired the cucco, I just need to get that blue chicken. Not to mention, some of the trading sequences are timed. So you REALLY have to move to make the deadline. I'm gonna try my best not to use cheats to finish this. Man, I don't even know I finished it last time I replayed this. :shock:

As for me, I'm already done with Water Temple. (I know, I suck). :lol: Pretty tedious to go through, as predicted. Though if you think less about that and think more about which rooms to enter, it's not too bad. My least favorite part was the Dark Link. MAN was he a chore to beat. I had to use one, and almost TWO fairy jars to beat him. The rest of the temple is pretty simple after that. The boss was a breeze, though be careful not to get sucked in by those blue "tubes" on Morpha. Really, all you have to do is lure Morpha over with your hookshot and slash it. And no fairy jars wasted whatsoever. When I finished that, I got the fire arrows (which took me like, 3 or 4 attempts to get right), and got one more heart piece. There's a secret place where you can go to in Hyrule Field to get one. See walkthroughs if you require anymore detail.

Next, I'm gonna go back in time and learn (well, relearn) the Scarecrow song. I made one up, but stupid me forgot so now I have to do that task over. XD And then I'm gonna attempt Biggorn's Sword, which I know is gonna take forever to finish. And then finally, head to Shadow Temple. And.... that's my progress report of the day. :P

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 19, 2012, 02:57:29 AM »
I don't mind the timed parts that much, its just that its hard to make it "Point X" to "Point Y" when its halfway across Hyrule Field. The only way to beat those timed segments is to ride on Epona. The one where you have to take the Eye Drops to Death Mountain is the worst offendor of them all. I hate scaling the mountain with all the enemies and boulders.

Speaking of Epona, I have not gotten her yet. I don't know why I haven't gone to Lon Lon Ranch as an Adult, because that is one thing I usually do first when becoming one. But one thing I hate about getting Epona is that stupid race against Ingo. Its just so hard to beat him the second time around. You have to pace Epona when riding her and not waste all your carrots. I have a ton of stuff to do after the Water Temple. :?

Speaking of races, I hate that F***ING RACE IN DAMPE'S GRAVE TO GET THAT ONE HEART PIECE!  :x :x :x I have gotten that Heart Piece only once, and I still don't know how I did it. Apparently, you have to finish the race in under a minute. Well, the hard part is that it takes A LOT of skill to get that Heart Piece. I mean you have to memorize the maze and not trying to get hit by his flames. This is one heart piece I will probably not get.  :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 19, 2012, 03:02:46 AM »
You haven't gotten her yet? :o I did that like, the second I became an adult. And I happened to win that race against Ingo. It was total dumb luck though, I literally won both times by a nose. I do like the ending where you have to escape with Epona. :lol:

And oh god, total word on that heart piece at Dampe's grave. MAN, when I last replayed this, I think I just got REALLY lucky when I finally did beat it. I did all the tricks right, and still came up short. I swear, I may just skip over that heart piece once I collect more. :roll:

I guess I really suck now, since I'm sort of ahead of the game. But rest assured knowing getting Biggorn's sword will probably eat up most of my playing time. XD

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #119 on: July 19, 2012, 10:23:30 AM »
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.