Author Topic: Legend of Zelda Discussion Topic  (Read 23472 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Legend of Zelda Discussion Topic
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2012, 01:00:18 AM »
Anyways, I am only halfway through Jabu-Jabu's Belly right now. What the hell? I never remember having this much problem. Its just so annoying to try and find those colored tentacles and defeat them to get to new areas. I am trying to find the green colored tentacle, but I just can't seem to find it. And it is so easy to mess up in this dungeon. I think I have fell down those "holes" in the ground five times now thanks to those jellyfish. And then you can't leave Ruto alone somewhere without losing her or giving you a hard time. F*** Jabu-Jabu's Belly, I hope you die from all of those creatures inside. :roll:
SERIOUSLY! I am so glad to finally be done with that dungeon. Easily the worst dungeon ever in the whole game. To say I had a hard time getting around it when I finished it up this afternoon is an understatement. And it's very easy to mess up in this dungeon. Case in point, me doing the mini boss too early and not being allowed into the tentacle rooms. I guess it was worth it to lose Ruto early though. Oh well, at least I got the boomerang, map, and compass through cheats. :lol:

And the boss was surprisingly easy this time around. It was so irritating yes, but I didn't die once. :o

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2012, 01:25:33 AM »
Ruto, Link will never marry you! You left him in the temple.
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2012, 01:33:42 AM »
Yeah, who would want to marry Ruto? So annoying and demanding. :roll:

And @ TRJ: hear hear to Jabu Jabu dying from all the creatures inside!

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2012, 02:21:04 AM »
So I finally beat Jabu-Jabu's Belly. After finding that green tentacle, the rest of the way was simple. I had didn't have any trouble with the mini-boss this time around and defeated him with a jumping stab from the Deku Stick in one hit. Then getting to Barinade was simple. Fighting Barinade though was kind of a problem because there are so many things you need to hit like the tentacles on the roof and the rotating jellyfish. I got confused on the part when it spins around the room because I forgot you have to hit it with a sword after stunning it. Oh well, I still managed to beat it.

Now I just finished the Zelda scene from Market Town. I love that scene and I am debating whether to pull the Master Sword now or not. I love the Sheik introduction scene and everything, but that is a lot to sit through. But I am tempted to at least get the Hookshot before going to bed...

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2012, 02:32:15 AM »
So I finally beat Jabu-Jabu's Belly. After finding that green tentacle, the rest of the way was simple. I had didn't have any trouble with the mini-boss this time around and defeated him with a jumping stab from the Deku Stick in one hit. Then getting to Barinade was simple. Fighting Barinade though was kind of a problem because there are so many things you need to hit like the tentacles on the roof and the rotating jellyfish. I got confused on the part when it spins around the room because I forgot you have to hit it with a sword after stunning it. Oh well, I still managed to beat it.
I see you got the inspiration to use the Deku Stick method from me. ;) Good job beating it though. After you're done with all the kid dungeons, this is when the game gets really interesting.

Now I just finished the Zelda scene from Market Town. I love that scene and I am debating whether to pull the Master Sword now or not. I love the Sheik introduction scene and everything, but that is a lot to sit through. But I am tempted to at least get the Hookshot before going to bed...
Well, when I was done with the Zelda scene, I went straight to the Master Sword. It is a lot to sit through, but it's worth it in the end. It is seriously my favorite part of the whole game. This is basically where the climax is. Of course, it's up to you whether or not you want to pull the Master Sword. But I'd definitely recommend it. And be sure to get Epona from Lon Lon and possibly collect more heart pieces before you start the Forest Temple. :P

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2012, 04:24:48 AM »
I'm left with Spirit and Shadow. I'll do Spirit first because I wanna follow the order according to the pedestal..
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2012, 04:34:59 AM »
Still, I need the Lens of Truth, so...

Round and round the windmill goes... :mrteal:

I'm just glad for Biggoron's Sword.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 05:43:58 AM by Red Jaguars Fan »

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2012, 09:31:46 AM »
I love that Twilight Princess allows Bomb arrows, a Gale Boomerang, Water Bombs and a wolf form.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2012, 01:41:43 PM »
I stayed up late playing quite a bit of the adult portion of the game which includes getting the Hookshot and heading towards Death Mountain to take on the Fire Temple.

So, I was racing against Dampe in the Kakariko Graveyard for the Hookshot and I never noticed that there were ReDeads down there during the race. :o I ran into a deadend in one area of the race and I ran straight into the ReDead and it made literally go "What the F***!". So yeah, next time I race him, I will be sure to follow him directly.

Otherwise, I am getting ready for the Fire Temple. I want to do this temple first before doing the Forest Temple as I hate the Fire Temple.  :x

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2012, 03:42:27 PM »
Meh, I like doing it in the correct order. I know which temple you do first doesn't matter, but I just think doing Forest Temple first makes the most sense.

Also, do you learn the "Temple of Time" warp point after you finish Forest Temple? I've learned Song of Time and the Forest Temple warp point. But for some reason, I don't remember learning the "Temple of Time" song. It must be coming up soon though.

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
  • Okay, I finally have a tagline. Happy now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2012, 04:31:32 PM »
Yeah...from what I remember, the Water Temple is a pain in the butt to get through.

I made it through the Deku Tree dungeon today. My goal is to make it through one dungeon a day on the weekends...which will probably come back to bite me in the backside once I get to later areas. :lol:
One day every weekend? You'll never catch up. :P
Hey, it's the best I can do with a steady job. :lol:
Favorite Episode: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

It's baaaaaaaack...
Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth! (return date TBD)

1980s - Michael Jackson, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, etc.
1990s - Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Nirvana, etc.
Present - Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, etc.
You do the math.

"Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions!"
--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2012, 05:07:57 PM »
Meh, I like doing it in the correct order. I know which temple you do first doesn't matter, but I just think doing Forest Temple first makes the most sense.

Also, do you learn the "Temple of Time" warp point after you finish Forest Temple? I've learned Song of Time and the Forest Temple warp point. But for some reason, I don't remember learning the "Temple of Time" song. It must be coming up soon though.

I usually do the Forest Temple first also and the Fire Temple next. But I just wanted to get the Fire Temple out of the way since its my least favorite temple. Plus, it was closer to the Hookshot anyways, so I thought why not kill two birds with one stone?  :mrred:

And to answer your other question, I am pretty sure you need to beat the Forest Temple first before learning "The Prelude of Light". Otherwise, Sheik will be standing in the Temple of Time telling you to save Saria. Once you beat the Forest Temple, she will teach you the song and allow you to go back in time if you need to. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 15, 2012, 05:10:05 PM »
As for me, I am in the Fire Temple and it is making me mad. I was in the room with the Megaton Hammer where you must reach the Treasure Chest before the time is up. Well, the path to the Megaton Hammer treasure chest is so narrow that Link jumps off if you are not careful. Well I was careless and jumped all the way to the bottom of the temple.  :roll: :? :cry:

Next time I will just use Farore's Wind if that happens again. What a load of BS.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2012, 05:35:23 PM »
And to answer your other question, I am pretty sure you need to beat the Forest Temple first before learning "The Prelude of Light". Otherwise, Sheik will be standing in the Temple of Time telling you to save Saria. Once you beat the Forest Temple, she will teach you the song and allow you to go back in time if you need to. ;)
Yeah, that's what I thought. I was thinking "wait, don't they have another warp song that brings you back to the temple of time?" Fair enough, I can wait until I'm done with the temple. ;)

As for me, I am in the Fire Temple and it is making me mad. I was in the room with the Megaton Hammer where you must reach the Treasure Chest before the time is up. Well, the path to the Megaton Hammer treasure chest is so narrow that Link jumps off if you are not careful. Well I was careless and jumped all the way to the bottom of the temple.  :roll: :? :cry:

Next time I will just use Farore's Wind if that happens again. What a load of BS.
Oh my GOD that's a terrible room. I swear, last time I played this, I spent literally, over an hour trying to get to the hammer. I kept falling and having to go all the way back. It was so annoying. Yeah, I'll probably end up using Farore's Wind or I'll just "levitate" to get it. The things you have to do with one major item. :roll:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 15, 2012, 05:43:43 PM »
I don't remember spending that long on it for the Megaton Hammer, but I remember trying 6-7 times to try and get it though. If you take your time a little bit while running up that path, it is not so bad.

At the moment though, I am fighting my second Flare Dancers. They're not that hard to defeat and its even funny to watch them run around while trying to slash them with a sword. The producers sure had some fun when making some of these enemies.   :lol:

And I just lost my Shield to a Like Like.  :roll: