Author Topic: Interesting Photos from Various Episodes  (Read 8604 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting Photos from Various Episodes
« Reply #120 on: November 19, 2012, 03:39:48 PM »
He did look pretty pissed off after losing, so maybe he was crying? And like PP4L said, his eyes did look swollen and red. I guess after a long day of filming and coming so close to reaching the artifact but losing, I could see how that would upset him.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 19, 2012, 04:30:53 PM »
Not to mention, it was usually a long day for those kids that make it to the temple. By then, they are probably worn out and exhausted. Even Tiffani looked like she was about to fall apart at the end of her temple run. As for Ryan, I can definitely see the puffiness in his left eye. I never noticed this before either. He did look pissed off too during the credits. Its not like they would've won anyways, Dawn was so slow and she should've been able to grab the Pearl Necklace. I am surprised though that rarely any contestant is showed crying on camera. Missy was crying, but that was more tears of joy. Hallie looked like she was about cry at the end of her temple run too.

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 19, 2012, 04:54:18 PM »
Unrelated to the Pearl Necklace of Gwalior, I watched the Mussel Shell Armor episode recently and came across this interesting camera shot during the credits. As you can see, the camera is doing a panoramic sweep of the whole temple and captures a view of "what lies beyond the temple." There's nothing specific to speculate about; I just thought it was neat. Photo courtesy video posted on youtube.com by ChargerTheWolf.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 20, 2012, 12:42:24 PM »
Good find, I love when we see views of the temple that we normally don't. In this case, the camera even goes slightly off the temple's set. I always wondered how it was like to watch a temple run from the audience's view? It definitely wouldn't be the same that we are use to. Would be nice though to see how it looked from that angle.  :o

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 20, 2012, 12:51:20 PM »
Good find, I love when we see views of the temple that we normally don't. In this case, the camera even goes slightly off the temple's set. I always wondered how it was like to watch a temple run from the audience's view? It definitely wouldn't be the same that we are use to. Would be nice though to see how it looked from that angle.  :o

Well, for the people sitting perpendicular to the Moat, they would not have seen the temple, would they? Those seats were directly next to the steps to enter the temple, and then the temple itself only slightly arched around. So I'm not sure if they actually would have had a good view, or if there were just teleprompters or something of the sort giving them a view of the "arena" (I remember there being a discussion elsewhere on this site that asked what the word for where the Temple Games were played, and Kirk Fogg used the term "arena" in one episode, so that's what I'll use).

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 22, 2012, 09:18:12 PM »
Here are two interesting photos after two temple runs.

First, I present to you Larry's walk of shame after his failure with the Silver Monkey (The Mysterious Manuscript of Mary Shelley) :

And two photos after the temple run for The Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible. First pic is what the back of an Ancient Warrior suit looks like. Second pic is Elisa after the suit quickly turned around (almost three seconds later) :

Some interesting photos, and they were back to back episodes too. Discarded Seal came first, but I thought Larry's shameful walk was hilarious, so I posted it first. I wonder why the production team did this to two episodes back to back. Seeing the back side of the Ancient Warrior suit is unique. Those black slots look like where the temple guard would put his hands in. It also looks like it had some kind of unique ancient design on it too.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 22, 2012, 09:30:13 PM »
I have some interesting photos regarding the headdresses in the Room of the Ancient Warriors from the "Smashed Printing Plate" run. In the first photo, it is clear that the temple guard's arms fit though the black fabric slots. In the second photo, the armor flipped back around and the guard's hands can still be seen through the black fabric slots. I chose this episode's run because the guard's hands did a little "wave" during the second photo, and I like to go back and get a chuckle from it. It's the one thing about this run that I find enjoyably funny. Photos courtesy video on youtube.com posted by ChargerTheWolf.

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #127 on: December 03, 2012, 06:20:20 PM »
Here's another interesting photo in the Room of the Ancient Warriors in The Battle Flag of William the Conqueror episode.

If you can see something near the bottom right of the room, what or who is it?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 06:21:03 PM by GreenMonkeys#1 »

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 03, 2012, 06:21:47 PM »
Looks like a camera guy. You could see them in the camera frame once in a while.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 03, 2012, 06:47:21 PM »
Speaking of moments including cameramen, how about this one from The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain?

And a few seconds later from the same run:

First one has the red circle I drew. That's clearly a cameraman. The second picture looks like his camera had a cord plugged into it. I always found these two pictures to be odd. They're just unusual. Imagine if Jarrid had tripped over that cord. There would be lawsuits if that cord somehow cost him the win or gave him an injury. :P

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 03, 2012, 07:36:26 PM »
Yep, that is indeed a cameraman in GM1's photo. The cameramen were bound to show up in some frames in one episode or another.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 03, 2012, 08:32:10 PM »
Yeah, right when GM1 posted the camera man image from "William the Conqueror" I immediately thought of the camera man in the "Pirate Captain" episode running on the top floor of the temple while Jarrid was escaping. I remember some people thought that was a temple guard too.  :mrgreen:

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 27, 2012, 11:50:11 AM »

First one has the red circle I drew. That's clearly a cameraman. The second picture looks like his camera had a cord plugged into it. I always found these two pictures to be odd. They're just unusual. Imagine if Jarrid had tripped over that cord. There would be lawsuits if that cord somehow cost him the win or gave him an injury. :P

There were several episodes where those cords were within camera shot. I have four other instances below, courtesy video posted on youtube.com by ChargerTheWolf.

The upper left photo was taken in the "Silver Cannonball" run. When Amber smashed the pots in the King's Storeroom, the camera looked down to show the pot hitting the floor. In doing so, it also showed a wire in the lower right-hand corner of the shot.

The upper right photo was taken during the "Golden Earring of Henry Morgan" run. As Shem runs into the King's Storeroom, the camera does a panoramic sweep of the room. Under Shem's shoe, a thick coil of wires can be seen in this shot.

The lower left photo was taken during the "Smashed Printing Plate" run, when Jason first enters the Room of the Ancient Warriors. Cords can be seen taped to the floor throughout the entire room.

The lower right photo was taken as Kristen grabbed the "Jewel-Encrusted Egg." In the very bottom right corner, underneath the middle armor, a bundle of wires can be seen on the floor.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 27, 2012, 04:05:19 PM »
Plus, sometimes you'd see camera people in the temple. Some used to confuse the camera/stage hands as temple guards walking around.

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 27, 2012, 04:11:53 PM »
Plus, sometimes you'd see camera people in the temple. Some used to confuse the camera/stage hands as temple guards walking around.

But the temple guards were assigned to specific rooms, and they were stationed behind doors or hidden beneath Styrofoam blocks (Swamp, Quicksand Bog) so that they could not be seen until they were going in for the capture...