Author Topic: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress: Timer Error?  (Read 1042 times)

Offline JCW555

• Blue Barracuda
  • Watched all 120 episodes, been a fan since 2001.
    • View Profile
Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress: Timer Error?
« on: March 26, 2014, 10:34:29 PM »
So I was watching the Temple Run for Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress, and I noticed something peculiar with the timer. When David was in the Tomb of the Ancient Kings, the clock went for 0:39, 0:38, 0:37, but then it went back up to 0:38. To compensate for that, when David was in the Holes of Python, the timer counted 0:33, 0:32, 0:31 faster than it should. Has anyone else noticed that?
Favorite season of Legends of the Hidden Temple: Season 2, Followed By Season 3, Then Season 1

Favorite episodes of Legends of the Hidden Temple: Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor, Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugkpak [Apanukpak], John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine, Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain, Enormous Iron Nose Ring of Babe [the Ox], Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress, Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata, Much Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain, Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza, Lion Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta, Secret Map of the Bandit Queen, Galileo's Cannonball, Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, Metal Beard of the Egyptian Queen, Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid, Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus, Ruby Earring of Benzibab, Milk Bucket of Freydis, Lucky Medallion of Atocha, Collar of Davy Crockett.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress: Timer Error?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 10:37:03 PM »
Nope, I never noticed that. This is also the same temple run where people like to claim the team won with 2 seconds left instead of 1 second. Not that I'm arguing with that, but since this has to do with timing, I thought I might point that out.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 10:53:47 PM »
Another interesting thing about Lawrence of Arabia was that you can actually hear the "out of time" noise from the clock as David crosses the gate. I am not sure if this was bad editing or because of the close call, but I believe the clock disappears as if the team used all three minutes. I guess the Green Monkeys finished with 2 seconds though even though it was a close call. I personally refer to this as a 1 second win because that is what I have viewed it as for years.  :lol:
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 10:56:02 PM by The Red Jaguars »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 10:58:01 PM »
Yeah, I'm always used to calling it a "one second win" as well. :lol: Even though David doesn't technically set foot near the gates until the two second mark. And I do remember the "out of time" sound playing right when David crosses the gate. I think that was just the sound department playing the "sounds" at awkward times. You know Season 1 and its quirkiness. :P

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 11:13:05 PM »
Speaking of Lawrence of Arabia, do you think that David would've won if he used the ladder in the Wheel Room instead of "climb the mountain"? Personally, I don't think he would've won if used the ladder. I thought that it was pretty clever of him to use the Wall Climb to escape.  :mrgreen:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 11:15:14 PM »
Yeah, I doubt he would've won either if David has used the ladder. Since time was REALLY ticking down when David was exiting the temple. And if he did use the ladder and actually lost, then we could actually blame David for "climbing the ladders." Good thing he used the Wall Climb portion of the wall. :mrgreen: I wonder why other contestants never thought of that.

Offline JCW555

• Blue Barracuda
  • Watched all 120 episodes, been a fan since 2001.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 11:16:25 PM »
^ I don't he would've, either. The transition from the ladder to the crawl tube to the Cave of Sighs would've taken too much time. Maybe we would've seen another Broken Wing of Icarus if he had used the ladder?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 11:17:01 PM by JCW555 »
Favorite season of Legends of the Hidden Temple: Season 2, Followed By Season 3, Then Season 1

Favorite episodes of Legends of the Hidden Temple: Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor, Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugkpak [Apanukpak], John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine, Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain, Enormous Iron Nose Ring of Babe [the Ox], Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress, Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata, Much Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain, Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza, Lion Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta, Secret Map of the Bandit Queen, Galileo's Cannonball, Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, Metal Beard of the Egyptian Queen, Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid, Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus, Ruby Earring of Benzibab, Milk Bucket of Freydis, Lucky Medallion of Atocha, Collar of Davy Crockett.

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 11:17:33 PM »
Yeah, I doubt he would've won either if David has used the ladder. Since time was REALLY ticking down when David was exiting the temple. And if he did use the ladder and actually lost, then we could actually blame David for "climbing the ladders." Good thing he used the Wall Climb portion of the wall. :mrgreen: I wonder why other contestants never thought of that.

Probably because it is more conventional to use a ladder rather than cut out boxes on the side of a wall?

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 11:28:29 PM »
I always thought that David had the best temple exit on the show too. Either him or Olivia-Emma. Those were two wins where I never expected either contestant to pull it off, but both really hauled ass to get their wins. Especially David, who basically leaps out of the Cave of Sighs and crosses the temple gate.  :mrgreen:

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2014, 03:24:30 PM »
Wow, I've never noticed that, either. :shock: At least it looks like it wouldn't have affected the outcome, unlike this occurrence on Family Double Dare where the clock got stuck on 11 for a few seconds during the obstacle course, allowing the family to win the grand prize:

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.