Author Topic: The Much-Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain  (Read 850 times)

Offline ElJarhead

• Purple Parrot
    • View Profile
The Much-Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain
« on: October 16, 2006, 01:18:35 PM »
Alright, I watched the run for this episode today, and I noticed a couple of things. First, when Tiffani is in the Chamber of the Sacred Markers, the door leading up to the King's Storeroom moves as though a temple guard is hiding behind it. Secondly, a bright light flashes when the doors open out of the Chamber, which typically happens only when the door leading up to the King's Storeroom is unlocked. And third, even after she grabs the helmet, the door doesn't open.

I suspect that the reason Tiffani got all the way to the room without encountering a temple guard on this run is a production error. My theory is that the door going up to the King's Storeroom was supposed to open in the Chamber, revealing a temple guard. Because it was stuck shut, the temple guard couldn't come out, and when she gets the helmet the door remains closed because it's stuck. (That poor trapped temple guard.)

The temple run from this episode from http://mandarinhand.cjb.net has somehow found its way onto YouTube at so you can watch it and let me know what you think.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 02:06:36 AM by The Silver Monkey »

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 01:28:31 PM »
Well thought out theory! I'll take it into consideration =)

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 03:14:25 PM »
It probably moved because Tiffani kicked it or something. Afterall, it was basically paper. :P

Another instance where that door didn't open when it should have is "The Comet-Embroidered Battle Flag of William The Conquerer". It didn't open after the second runner grabbed the flag. It's not just because the artifact is located in that room either because after the Mussel-Shell Armor was grabbed, the door opened.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
Re: The Much-Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 04:30:36 PM »
Quote from: ""ElJarhead""
I suspect that the reason Tiffani got all the way to the room without encountering a temple guard on this run is a production error. My theory is that the door going up to the King's Storeroom was supposed to open in the Chamber, revealing a temple guard. Because it was stuck shut, the temple guard couldn't come out, and when she gets the helmet the door remains closed because it's stuck. (That poor trapped temple guard.)

That's a really good possibility, actually! I think the light would have flashed anyway, but you're right about it not opening when it should have. Still, she would have had a solo run, but it might not have been as unique.