Author Topic: Henry VIII's Great Seal  (Read 805 times)

Offline TBombMadeEZ

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
Henry VIII's Great Seal
« on: September 27, 2006, 11:40:43 AM »
In this episode, is this the most scared the contestants have been when it comes to the temple guards?  I think the first temple guard affected her performance, and it's a good thing she got taken out fairly quick.

I also couldn't tell if the temple guard was laughing, or if she was so horrified that the noise we heard was actually something uttered from her.

There's so much from this temple run to laugh about.  I LOVE Kirk Fogg's reaction after the 2nd temple guard comes out.

Another thing, if someone can confirm this for me, is the other half pendant hanging from the door that opens into the "Room of Harmonic Convergence?" Sure looks like it to me. Maybe it's just the latch that holds the door.

Of course, we all know how it ends.  Tihs is one of my favorite episodes.

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
Henry VIII's Great Seal
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 01:53:53 PM »
This is also one of my favorites for obvious reasons. I don't think the temple gaurds affected the frontrunner's performance that badly, but she certainly was scared when they came out. Yes, the Heart Room temple gaurd laughed his ass off at her.

As for the hidden half pendant, i'll have to look for it because i always just assume that this was one of those "choices" temple runs in which the kids wouldn't need the hidden half pendant if they made the right choice. The right choice would've been to start in onthe upper level instead of the Cave. :wink:

I'll rewatch this one and repost if i see the hidden half pendant though.

Offline PAK Man

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
Henry VIII's Great Seal
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 04:17:01 PM »
This was one of the episodes I saw back when it originally aired in 1993. I was about six years old at the time, and I still thought it was the funniest thing when that poor kid jumped out of the Temple. When I got Nick GAS two years ago and I saw the episode, all those memories came rushing back to me. Definitely one of the funnier losses of the series.